Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This guy.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/839880470431162369

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Imagine having an exploitative clause in the CBA that handcuffs "free" agents

GIVE UP THE KIRK, SNYDER. GIVE UP THE KIRK

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Now imagine that guy is actually cutting that check because he has constantly dealt with you on the cheap and is actively trying to hamstring your future earnings.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Saturday down south called Tebow a baseball laughing stock.

Lmao

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Can someone link me or explain to me why they think Bortles isn't a decent QB? I've seen that opinion around these parts for a while but statistically he seems pretty good, even if a bunch of it is garbage time.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

TBeats posted:

Saturday down south called Tebow a baseball laughing stock.

Lmao

He went to the wrong on-deck circle because he thought lefties always warm up on the same side of the infield

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diqnol posted:

Can someone link me or explain to me why they think Bortles isn't a decent QB? I've seen that opinion around these parts for a while but statistically he seems pretty good, even if a bunch of it is garbage time.
Thats it. The garbage time and the 1/1 win/pick-6 ratio. The many sacks. a stupendous amount of his positive stats have been in garbage time (I dont know the numbers exactly), which I think is kinda bullshit because they have been in a number of games, especially in 2015 when he had his best year - they were in most of their games, but lost them eventually (sometimes because of picks, other times because the Jaguars have a lovely defense and no run game, other times because of missed field goals).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

^^^ this guy knows better

Diqnol posted:

He's still young, but he's been very bad while games are competitive. Like garbage time usually isn't that much of a thing, but looking at his splits, a lot of his production comes when the Jags are out of games.

He will still get this year to prove himself, but he needs to take a strong step forward.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thats it. The garbage time and the 1/1 win/pick-6 ratio. The many sacks. a stupendous amount of his positive stats have been in garbage time (I dont know the numbers exactly), which I think is kinda bullshit because they have been in a number of games, especially in 2015 when he had his best year - they were in most of their games, but lost them eventually (sometimes because of picks, other times because the Jaguars have a lovely defense and no run game).

Also, the old QB coach apparently has a reputation for being poo poo, so who the gently caress knows.

Jags can't have nice things. :smith: Whole bunch of lovely to mediocre QBs after Brunell.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Diqnol posted:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Kicker Hauschka to the Bills.

Peace out Hausch money. Hope you get over that whole low trajectory kick thing

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Diqnol posted:

FO did an analysis last year that showed that literally one fourth of all of Bortles' TDs occurred in garbage time, or when his team was trailing by 21+ in the third quarter or 14+ in the 4th quarter*
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-8-quick-reads

*though realistically the entire game is "garbage time" when one team is the Jags

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

I mostly agree but Allen isn't the reason for the cap penalty

Allen was the money guy and while he didn't get the penalty imposed, he took the risk when 30 of the other 32 teams did not. gently caress him, gently caress this team.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Allen was the money guy and while he didn't get the penalty imposed, he took the risk when 30 of the other 32 teams did not. gently caress him, gently caress this team.

I agree with "gently caress allen" but I'm not gonna blame a dude for failing to collude with 30 other billionaires to keep player costs down in an uncapped year

Also
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/839915288799903744

and in related news
https://twitter.com/drewdavison/status/839915663380590592

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 9, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

I agree with "gently caress allen" but I'm not gonna blame a dude for failing to collude with 30 other billionaires to keep player costs down in an uncapped year

Fair enough. I agree the whole thing is poo poo, but it's not as if he did it for the players or anything.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fair enough. I agree the whole thing is poo poo, but it's not as if he did it for the players or anything.

Yeah, that's fair.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

If you don't want her, I'll take her.

Owns.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thats it. The garbage time and the 1/1 win/pick-6 ratio. The many sacks. a stupendous amount of his positive stats have been in garbage time (I dont know the numbers exactly), which I think is kinda bullshit because they have been in a number of games, especially in 2015 when he had his best year - they were in most of their games, but lost them eventually (sometimes because of picks, other times because the Jaguars have a lovely defense and no run game, other times because of missed field goals).

This last season of trash had to have a ton to do with playing no a separated shoulder most of the season though. I'm not saying he's elite but calling bust seems premature.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Intruder posted:

He went to the wrong on-deck circle because he thought lefties always warm up on the same side of the infield

lmfao i thought you were making a joke

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The 49ers are somehow managing to look relatively competent. I give it a week before Shanahan is fired.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Michael Bennett might be the coolest dude in the NFL

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

King Hong Kong posted:

The 49ers are somehow managing to look relatively competent. I give it a week before Shanahan is fired.

Naw, Jed York will actually turn out to be a competent owner who understands his limitations and lets football people make football decisions. You can't out-Snyder Snyder.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/KTVU/status/839925846085246976

RIP, Aldon's promising career.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
lol @ the Bears making one continuous mistake

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/839837098106630146

word is 3 years, $43M for Glennon

e: Chiche looks like we were both right!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

He didn't do anything wrong from the look of it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

looks like he was just a passenger

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Browns Teamshop 2017

http://shop.clevelandbrowns.com/Cle...anini_Authentic

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

looks like he was just a passenger

Yeah reading the article he was just a passenger. They arrested one of the other passengers (not the driver) for public drunkeness so I'd imagine they were looking for a reason to bust everyone if they could find it.

Not that Aldon deserves any benefit of the doubt at this point I guess.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TheChirurgeon posted:

lol @ the Bears making one continuous mistake

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/839837098106630146

word is 3 years, $43M for Glennon

e: Chiche looks like we were both right!

:lol: loving Chicago. 3 good to great QBs in their division, and they're spending 15 milli on Glennon. :laugh:

I hope he's actually HoF good, just so I can brag forever and also make fun of the Buccs picking Shameless Jameis.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/839929080145412096

e: Lol
https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/839929756074323968

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

:byewhore:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jesus christ, Carolina. If Ryan can't whip Matt into shape then I don't even know... that's got to be humiliating for him.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
IT'S HAPPENING
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/839937960103530499

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Any recommendations for me to drink tonight so that I can forget that Gettleman's only big free agent splash ever was Matt loving Kalil?

Inb4 bleach and anti-freeze. I don't want to die until i see the blown block that ends Jameis's career.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What the gently caress

Moneyball!!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Wait so they didn't get anything in return? Just take this dude and his contract plus this pick and we call it square?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Lmfao what the gently caress is this

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

TBeats posted:

Lmfao what the gently caress is this

What I'd bet is that the Texans are about to trade for Romo

but yeah, lol at trading a pick to get rid of a player

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 9, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wait so they didn't get anything in return? Just take this dude and his contract plus this pick and we call it square?

Please take all this so we can trade a 6th for Tony Romo and pay him $18m next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They literally bought a draft pick

• Locked thread