Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Mzbundifund posted:

What's the Botania repair? I only ever used Thaumcraft's repair enchantment that works off wand charge.

Timeless Ivy, which uses Mana to repair items you've applied the ivy to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
People don't just always put Tinker's Construct moss on every tool? Weird.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

lolmer posted:

Timeless Ivy, which uses Mana to repair items you've applied the ivy to.

Thank you.

Captain Monkey posted:

People don't just always put Tinker's Construct moss on every tool? Weird.

Can't put moss on non-tinkers' tools. In Blightfall the purifier shovel is super useful, way moreso than any tinker's shovel.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Threep posted:

I don't know about regenerating the area but you can probably find a jungle with Give Me Biomes

That's actually a pretty drat neat idea for a mod - have a chunk restorer that just straight up reverts a chunk or area to the generated seed state, or one that redoes it with a different biome.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Falcon2001 posted:

That's actually a pretty drat neat idea for a mod - have a chunk restorer that just straight up reverts a chunk or area to the generated seed state, or one that redoes it with a different biome.

WorldEdit can already do this with the //regen command, with no size limit.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Falcon2001 posted:

There also used to be a missile in one of the Mekanism sub-mods that respawned the chunks where it went off. I want to say ICBM? But to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been ported to 1.10.2.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

There also used to be a missile in one of the Mekanism sub-mods that respawned the chunks where it went off. I want to say ICBM? But to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been ported to 1.10.2.

yep ICBM from Voltz regen explosive and regen rocket as used by yogscast to restore the damage done by the redmatter explosive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ohslGivm8

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Mar 8, 2017

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I am fairly new to AE2 which I am using in AS2.
I am trying to tell it to give me 2 iron dust and 1 ferrous dust from a block of iron dust in a pulverizer which has a 10% chance of ferrous.
I tried a pattern with 2 iron/1 ferrous but it hangs the processor on the ferrous.
I tried just 2 iron but get no ferrous at all.
Does the chance of extra just not work with AE2?
Or am I just missing the correct pattern?

e: Or maybe I could have just tested a little more. I got 0 ferrous on the first 100 processed but 2 on the 2nd hundred.
So the pattern with just 2 iron worked.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 8, 2017

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Variable and even just non 1-to-1 processing recipes are hard to program into the system. If you tell it that putting 1 iron ore in yields 2 iron dust and 1 ferrous dust, then 9 times out of 10 the system will error out. Similarly if you tell it 10 iron ore = 20 iron dust + 1 ferrous dust you still run the risk of not getting a ferrous dust per 10 ore.

My suggestion would be to setup a redstone controlled exporter that sends iron ore to a pulverizer whenever the amount of ferrous dust in your storage dips below a certain threshold. That way it will just keep feeding it ore until you get enough ferrous back out.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I need a little reminder of Agricraft's schtick. Is this the fairly fail-safe way to get better stuff:

1. Create a 3x3 farmland plot
2. Place stakes in each square
3. Plant the seed of choice in one corner
4. Come back later at some point and find the best candidate in the opposite corner.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I need a little reminder of Agricraft's schtick. Is this the fairly fail-safe way to get better stuff:

4. Come back later at some point and find the best candidate in the opposite corner.

Just like real evolution

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

If you've got weeds turned off, the best bet is to make a straight line of crops 20+ long, plant your 1/1/1 seed on one end and do something else for an hour. Each time it spreads you have an independent chance to increase each value, so it can take several tries for even a 10/10/9 to level up to a perfect 10/10/10.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

the quick intensive way, starting with a single seed:

1. get a watering can

2. get a 2x2 plot

3. plant seed on crop, next to a cross-crop

4. smash both crops when it spreads, to get two 1/1/1 seeds

5. plant two seeds in opposite corners

6. water to maturity

7. stick crosscrops in place once they're both mature, water until spread

8. smash two mature crops, water new crops until mature

9. goto 6

10. stop and scan once you start getting stacking seeds

if you have weeds turned on, turn off weeds

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Really, "turn off weeds" should be one of the first things you do in Agricraft.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

OgNar posted:

I am fairly new to AE2 which I am using in AS2.
I am trying to tell it to give me 2 iron dust and 1 ferrous dust from a block of iron dust in a pulverizer which has a 10% chance of ferrous.
I tried a pattern with 2 iron/1 ferrous but it hangs the processor on the ferrous.
I tried just 2 iron but get no ferrous at all.
Does the chance of extra just not work with AE2?
Or am I just missing the correct pattern?

e: Or maybe I could have just tested a little more. I got 0 ferrous on the first 100 processed but 2 on the 2nd hundred.
So the pattern with just 2 iron worked.
Why are you making patterns for ore processing? Doing that means you have a crafting CPU tied up while the machine is working. And it's adding the processing time of the pulverizer to whatever other stuff you're doing.

Just have an export bus dump all your iron ore into a pulverizer and have that pulverizer feed directly into a furnace with an import bus.

Then if you need dusts for crafting just add a pattern for ingot -> dust.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

ImpactVector posted:

Why are you making patterns for ore processing?

Because I am fairly new to Ae2.

Also I just found a video explaining the whole thing you mentioned. Thanks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agT54TBvMVM
I would never have thought about exporting it out. And then reimporting it.

For Agricraft I found that a watering can and a + shaped setup will give you the quickest 10/10/10. Just keep replacing the lowest numbers from the center plot.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

OgNar posted:

Because I am fairly new to Ae2.

Also I just found a video explaining the whole thing you mentioned. Thanks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agT54TBvMVM
I would never have thought about exporting it out. And then reimporting it.
Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to come off so dismissive. There are a bunch of different ways to do most any task in AE2. It's a lot of trial and error to figure out which ones work best for you and for the specific task you're looking to implement.

I've done the AE -> Pulverizer -> AE -> Furnace -> AE thing like in that video before, but these days I do definitely prefer to skip importing the dusts back into the system. If you set it up like the video you can't autocraft dusts for when you need them for crafting unless any dust crafting tasks are in a closed loop (taking things from AE -> pulverizer -> [extra crafting steps] -> finished product back into AE) because they'll just get exported right away to your furnaces.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
That's where you take the step of only exporting ores that get into your system to the pulverizer and then either run the dusts back into your system using an import bus interface (seriously, it suffers from no bandwidth issues) or continue processing them into ingots and just have recipes that use a different pulverizer to make dust when you need it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Yeah, a great way to save AE2 channels is to use itemducts to output multiple machines to a single interface.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why the devil are you not auto-exporting all ores from your system for processing

e: or processing them before they ever hit your ae system

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

e: or processing them before they ever hit your ae system

This one's what I recommend. Have all your quarry/laser drill/etc inputs come into a single Ender Chest or if you just gotta use Tesseracts, one of those. All the poo poo that comes in gets sorted into various storage and processing machines with filters, and all the processed stuff (ingots, diamonds, etc) goes into the AE system. For the rare poo poo that actually needs dusts I'm willing to ship ingots to a pulverizer and get the dust.

Another good trick is to set up a buncha various machines you can manually input poo poo into but that will output into your AE system. Know you're gonna need a buncha silver dust for Enderium down the line? Drop a few stacks of silver ingots into the chest feeding a pulverizer whose outputs all go back into the same "all outputs into the ME" itemduct system.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
on my current server (Apoc TRPG) I have a nice AE Setup using P2P as well as some of what people have been talking about.

I have a master Tessaract receiving items into a diamond chest with an import bus on it - Entry to AE.

Also on this chest i have some magic crop essence crafting export busses merging essence into the appropriate item

Also I have an output chest using that to send diamond hoes down to the Ender IO Farming stations.

I then have an export bus into a diamond chest putting ores out and processing them through a row of sag mills and 2 rows of alloy smelters

Currently mining up a 1000x10000 area in the resource world with an ender quarry after doing 3 others in resource and 3 in Nether. but with the crops i don't really need that.

I have 2x Big Reactors being controlled by Open Computers outputting into the external buffers (a large capacitor bank and 2x Tier 7 Draconic Evolution energy cores (2.14Trillion RF storage))

Mob Farm for cursed earth spawns as well as blaze, ghast, zombie, skeleton, wisp, nether skeleton, spiders meaning no real lack of resource
using Fans and the Draconic evolution Mob Grinder although i need to make a diamond spike mob grinder for the wither skellys

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

chairface posted:

Another good trick is to set up a buncha various machines you can manually input poo poo into but that will output into your AE system. Know you're gonna need a buncha silver dust for Enderium down the line? Drop a few stacks of silver ingots into the chest feeding a pulverizer whose outputs all go back into the same "all outputs into the ME" itemduct system.

You should always have a chest feeding round-robin to a bank of furnaces and another one going to a bank of pulverizers, IMO.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
For ore processing I usually import into the network and then have specific processing machines or methods for each ore type. For some ores, the rarer ones, you can have multiple on one machine. For example, some ores you want to process in a Pulverizer, others you want to process in a SAG Mill, and others you want to process in a SAG Mill with dark steel balls. Some you want to process in the AA crusher. This keeps it pretty simple, because usually there's no rush on processing ores. I also tend to setup a dedicated gravel/sand/silicon creator at some point.

Also, in 1.10 the most efficient quarry are AA atomic whatevers with lens of the miner. If you automate those you'll get insane amounts of ore in no time.

bbcisdabomb posted:

You should always have a chest feeding round-robin to a bank of furnaces and another one going to a bank of pulverizers, IMO.
With crafting recipes for ingot types attached so you can mass request 2048 iron ingots and have them done in around 20 seconds.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 9, 2017

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Once you've got the basic automation down pat the next step is scaling it so you can parallelize the work, as previous posters have pointed out. Less time spent in the intermediate stages so you can request a complex block and have it ready in 30 seconds instead of minutes.

A further step is making it look pretty but that's purely subjective. Some people don't mind the cobblestone aesthetic and exposed conduits going every which way. (Those people are WRONG!)

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I added optifine to All the Mods Expert and it's taking about 10 minutes to progress past 'loading - finishing up, Loadcomplete - Just Enough Items (8/151)'. Anyone know why?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Ambaire posted:

I added optifine to All the Mods Expert and it's taking about 10 minutes to progress past 'loading - finishing up, Loadcomplete - Just Enough Items (8/151)'. Anyone know why?
That's pretty weird.

Tangent:

ATM Expert is probably the worst mod pack I've ever played because it's not what I expected. It's more like a total conversion, terrafirmacraft style, than it is an "expert" mode.

I'd highly recommend setting worldgen to not BOP. Most of the early game is not even possible to do in a poo poo ton of the biomes possible unless you plan on cheating things in.I went over 2000 from spawn in two directions and couldn't build the starting poo poo still. One of the directions had no dirt, the other had no flax plants for string.

It's not bad for what it is, but it's extremely misleading to call it "expert" when precedent was set with other packs for roughly what expert mode should be. It's also really dumb to have BOP in it when your recipes don't work with bop wood or dirt, and lots of biomes stop the AA flax from spawning.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sage Grimm posted:

A further step is making it look pretty but that's purely subjective. Some people don't mind the cobblestone aesthetic and exposed conduits going every which way. (Those people are WRONG!)

how does this make you feel

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Sage Grimm posted:

Got any guides or anything to help make automated stuff look pretty? I'm really super bad at it.

unf oh yeah

Seriously that looks worse than the stuff I usually build, and that's saying something. also bc tanks lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Speaking of cobblestone esthetic, I have made my base into a kind of castle. I got tired of all the monsters swarming around below my base (and creepers randomly exploding from fighting other mobs) so I decided to build a wall. I would reclaim all of the land beneath my base and turn it into safe territory.

I started by making a ring around everything, then I built it up with the Builders Wand. Apparently even the Diamond Wand has a range if you go far enough! I made the walls double thick for extra protection, then cleaned out all of the holes and monsters below. Now I have a bunch of new space to build!

The final product

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 10, 2017

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Has anyone noticed if strongboxes are gone in Thermal Expansion 5? I'm playing FTB Beyond right now and noticed they aren't present. Not sure if they were excluded in the mod or disabled in the modpack.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

central dogma posted:

Has anyone noticed if strongboxes are gone in Thermal Expansion 5? I'm playing FTB Beyond right now and noticed they aren't present. Not sure if they were excluded in the mod or disabled in the modpack.
They're not in yet and will be in a separate mod or something. TE5 is only 1/5 released right now kinda.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 10, 2017

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

He do you turn off weeds in the latest agricraft? I'm plain FtB beyond and the only option seems to be to turn it down to 5%.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

bbcisdabomb posted:

Got any guides or anything to help make automated stuff look pretty? I'm really super bad at it.

Just keep iterating on what you did before. I think it took me about 3 or 4 modpacks before I got a nice looking machine wall locked down; first you have to figure out how to chain it together, second is optimizing the piping/energy to something that can be put together as a unit and third/fourth is using decorative blocks (Chisel has a large number of good blocks there) to hide all but the machine faces in that unit. Walls are probably the easiest to start with, then pillars (because they are easily parallelized and are extruded from the floor or ceiling), then you consider it as an entire build with what you learned before.

Does it remind you of a factory? Spread out your machines into colour coded machine-looking decorative prisms, build catwalks above them and have harsh lighting in an industrial setting.
More science fiction? Dangle all your machinery against a jagged columnar structure, hiding the less aesthetically-aligned pipes behind covers. Applied Energistic's tech look and use is perfect as the core.
More fantasy? I'm far less experienced here because I don't dabble with magic mods as heavily as I do with tech mods. My Botania stuff is still in the "flat plane of dirt and flowers" phase.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

fondue posted:

He do you turn off weeds in the latest agricraft? I'm plain FtB beyond and the only option seems to be to turn it down to 5%.

In the agricraft folder, there's a small subfolder that has a file for each supported plant type. Each plant has its own file, and there's a setting to disable them in there.

Sorry I'm being vague; I'm phone posting.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Evil Mastermind posted:

In the agricraft folder, there's a small subfolder that has a file for each supported plant type. Each plant has its own file, and there's a setting to disable them in there.

Sorry I'm being vague; I'm phone posting.

No, that works for me, I'll go digging through those files before I next play.

Leavy
Feb 15, 2003

rufus

Rutibex posted:

Speaking of cobblestone esthetic,
Chiseling cobblestone gives you some pretty neat looking options, I mean you'd only need a couple of stacks to build with, so only just a few manual clicks in the chisel UI and....

quote:

The final product

...oh never mind, carry on cobblin'

edit: seriously though, I've really got some good mileage using the essence bricks from that magical crops: decoration(?) mod, which is in PO2. Just set up a couple dye plants in your farm once you pick colors you want to work with (or :getin: and make all the dyes because why the gently caress not, it's project ozone!)

Leavy fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 10, 2017

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

central dogma posted:

Here's what has not yet returned:

Cyclic Assembler
Machinist's Workbench
Autonomous Activator
Terrain Smasher
Acquisition Apparatus
Item Allocator
Tesseract (confirmed removed for reworking as part of possible ender-specific mod)
Strongboxes and Satchels
Flux Capacitors
Glowstone Illuminator and Lumium Lamp
Plates (Redstone, Impulse, Translocation, Charge, Excursion, Teleport)
FluiVac, Flux Igniter, Flux Chiller, Flux Infuser, Battlewrench and Sponges

Basically all of this is expected to return at some point. Here's what KL said about all of it:

quote:

A lot of that stuff will be coming back, don't worry. The goal for TE5 from a design perspective was to really nail down the basics for the initial release. That way, I'll have more freedom to add new fun things. And a lot of those features will be split into small addon mods. I know that people might not be fond of that, but I really want to keep TE under a certain size so that it stays manageable. So at the moment, that means machines, dynamos, and devices, along with the foundational systems.
I have a 4th category - Automata - which includes the Terrain Smasher, Acquisition Apparatus, and some other things. ;) The crux of this group is that these are machines which interact with the world. They can be Upgraded and Augmented, with the standard class-wide augments affecting their range and depth.

The Autonomous Activator probably belongs in this group, but I have a hard time seeing it as something Upgrade-able. We'll see.

As far as the rest of your list:

The Assembler and Workbench were problematic from a code point of view, and will end up as part of a larger rework of autocrafting. Maybe a 5.2 release for that.

The Item Allocator will come back, just needs new textures and I want to do some extra testing on it.

The Tesseract will be part of an Ender-focused addon. I want to add a bit of complexity to them, as well as integrate Resonant Augments into TE so that the Tesseract as a block won't feel so obligatory. Say...if the machines themselves can simply connect to Resonance Channels.

Strongboxes and Satchels will get their own mod.

Flux Capacitors may well come back shortly. They're pretty simple.

Schematics will return when there is a purpose, along with Formulae and Scrolls. They're in Thermal Foundation though.

Lights will come back, I'm just not sure if they will be in a separate mod or TE full because I know a LOT of people who would like the lights without the rest of TE and pack makers would appreciate the flexibility.

Plates? We'll see. These always felt a little awkward to be honest. Probably not coming back to TE, but I won't rule out another small mod.

The tools are probably coming back. There are a couple of changes with how Forge handles things post-1.8 which made me want to hold off.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Are any 1.10.2 mods that change oceans at all? Add mobs, equipment, water specific anything? I was excited when I found the Mariculture mod, but disappointed to see it's 1.7 only and probably not going to be ported over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Okay I don't think I have this Agricraft thing sorted out at all. I scanned a seed to get it its 1-1-1 attributes and planted it in a corner of 3x3 crops where each square has those drat sticks in it. The plant grew to maturity. Isn't it supposed to expand out or something?