Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Dad, can I marry my adopted sister?
That so absolutely perverse. I know this series and pretty much the whole WB is pro-progressive/liberal knobs, but drat its loving crude.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Is asking the father for permission to marry still a thing? Made Joe come of a bit creepy.

he told a stoery about it, made it seem like a family tradition

it's not something i'm ever likely to do, but but that may change if given circumstance

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Avalerion posted:

Is asking the father for permission to marry still a thing? Made Joe come of a bit creepy.

Yeah, that was really weird. When he asked why Barry didn't do it, I expected the answer to just be "because it's 2017".

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

This show would be better without Joe West's kids. Biological or adopted

I'm ready for the Law and Order: Central City spinoff :doink:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, that was really weird. When he asked why Barry didn't do it, I expected the answer to just be "because it's 2017".

They were trying to hint that Barry asked because he didn't really think it through beyond "Iris wasn't wearing a ring!" but it failed on every level.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Barry instead should have tried to get her a face tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
there should be an episode where the gang gets a piece of public art installed in the park where there wasn't anything in his vision

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It's honestly getting so dumb I legitimately thought Wally was noticing the shade of her nail polish was different, proving they could change the future!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

there should be an episode where the gang gets a piece of public art installed in the park where there wasn't anything in his vision

Cisco what if we just burn down the entire park and maybe knock down a couple of buildings?!?!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhyteRyce posted:

Cisco what if we just burn down the entire park and maybe knock down a couple of buildings?!?!

In Barry's vision they weren't being pelted by golfball-sized hail. Maybe they should give their old friend the Weather Wizard a call.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Just lock her in no lunch supermax on the day she is supposed to die. :v:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Shhh time can't be changed so easily like Barry has done multiple times the last two seasons.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Shhh time can't be changed so easily like Barry has done multiple times the last two seasons.

Man if only Barry had some kind of power where he could reverse time and save Wally preventing Zoom from ever escaping. If only.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Invalid Validation posted:

Like the first arc of the season was all about how he's done messing with the timeline (at least super directly, I guess. :shrug:) because poo poo always goes real bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Savitar was trapped in the speed force and couldn't escape until the stone was thrown in. Have they explained how he was running around beating Barry's rear end earlier in the season yet?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Barry has changed, he no longer messes with time unless it's someone he loves and not the brother of the dude he kinda hangs out with. I fully expect Barry to change time again so he and Iris aren't together anymore.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Just lock her in no lunch supermax on the day she is supposed to die. :v:

Actually take a daytrip with Iris to earth-2 or any other earth the day she's gonna die.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

So I watched last night (Tuesday is trivia nights) and while some of it was cheesy the mystery this season has been considerably better than last season but I am still concerned that they will gently caress it up. The Barry theory seems the best so far, but they are doing a decent enough job setting up the other suspects (Wally being trapped in the SF and going insane, Julian being forced to channel Savitar repeatedly and also going insane). I just hope it is not a dumb twist like it being Jay or Wells again.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
It really bugs me that HR and Savitar call Wally "Wallace".

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rhyno posted:

So Savitar was trapped in the speed force and couldn't escape until the stone was thrown in. Have they explained how he was running around beating Barry's rear end earlier in the season yet?

They said something about him being able to get out but always being pulled back in. It's why he was never around for long.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think they shouldn't drag out a potential conflict this long because the more time we have to consider the issue, the stupider the cast looks.

How about some of those anti-speedster devices from General BadGuy installed under the tiles around where Savitar was holding Iris? Or any one of 100 different things that would actually do something when you know the exact moment and placement of your enemy with months to prepare.

Nope, let's stop the taco truck across the street from serving Ceviche, the menu placard will be different on the night of the attack saving Iris! Good job everyone. Now it's time to change the watering schedule of the sprinkler system so the shrubbery will be a little less green saving Iris. Wally people are telling me to run faster but you need to run even faster. Jessie you are obsessed with a wedding ring and will be of no help.

Quick everyone, if we run on the polar ice caps at exactly the right time we can change the air humidity on that day in Central City from 55% to 60% saving Iris.

It would actually be compelling if they were trying common sense ways to fight Savitar then going to the future and seeing Savitar defeat everything they try no matter what they do. So Barry getting desperate and trying the proposal would make more sense, instead of that being his Plan A while shrugging and saying he isn't going to bother checking what happens in the future now that he has tried like two things that nobody even understands what doing them meant.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 9, 2017

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I'm totally with the guy who thought Wally was pissed about her fingernail color.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

It really bugs me that HR and Savitar call Wally "Wallace".

Savitar does both. In the vision he called him Wallace. To Barry in the real world he only called him Wallace. That may be a clue. Are they from different times? Is vision and physical not the same being? Are the writers just consistently inconsistent?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
"Oh god I'm so sorry I kept part of the stone which inadvertently kept you from freeing this transmorpher-rear end motherfucker like six months ago."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Actually take a daytrip with Iris to earth-2 or any other earth the day she's gonna die.

If Barry keeps going to E2 then eventually E2 Barry is going to end up getting speed powers. He'll turn into a multiversal threat.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Barry should just throw her in the Speedforce the day of

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WhyteRyce posted:

Barry should just throw her in the Speedforce the day of

Who knows what else is in there since that seems to be Barry's garbage can where he throws most things he doesn't want to deal with.

Ageless immortal plates of Joe's cooking could be scattered in the speedforce like mines.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maybe Barry is secretly a psychopath and tosses all his ex-girlfriends into the Speedforce as part of his collection.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

WhyteRyce posted:

Maybe Barry is secretly a psychopath and tosses all his ex-girlfriends into the Speedforce as part of his collection.

Secretly?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MiddleOne posted:

Man if only Barry had some kind of power where he could reverse time and save Wally preventing Zoom from ever escaping. If only.

sure, that worked pretty well last time :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

Patty is Savitar :tinfoil:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Future Barry must be a huge dick cause every one of them keeps going back in time to kill him.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you love Iris so much you giant dork just create a bunch of time remnant Barrys and dogpile savitar and kill him.

Or create a time remnant Iris and let savitar kill her.

I'm not believing the whole "THE FLASH DOESN'T KILL" thing since he could have solved all of his problems by reverse flashing Savitar instead of chopping his sword in two and he has killed many times before without hesitation.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Flash time revenant who helped defeat Zoom got sucked back into the Speed Force and became Savitar.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Savitar is the district attorney from Arrow

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Recruit the Legends to time travel her a day later, so she literally doesn't exist on any Earth the day-of.

Savitar is Solovar. The fastest ape alive.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Space Crabs posted:

Savitar is the district attorney from Arrow

and the district attorney from Arrow is Laurel

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

It's honestly getting so dumb I legitimately thought Wally was noticing the shade of her nail polish was different, proving they could change the future!

Don't feel bad, I legitimately thought they were going to get her to wear different nail polish every day with a system to tell what day it was going to happen on. I'm not even sure if they already know the day it'll happen on.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Savitar can't kill Iris if Barry kills her first, thus changing the future! He can then trade her for the way more interesting E2 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My name is Barry Allen and I'm a dur dur dur dee deeeeee

*gets punched in face 37 times and suffocates on own tongue*

I'm team Savitar.

• Locked thread