Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Perrantes has the yips again tonight. They can maybe beat Pitt without him functioning, but not much of anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
gently caress Xavier and gently caress their bald-headed Lex Luthor wannabe coach.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jordan Geist is kind of a hilariously annoying player, if Missouri was worth watching I think all of you would absolutely hate him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Wait do they want to fire Manning or something? Just send him down I-40 to Raleigh. Hell, we'll send a car.

Nahhh but they're talking about us maybe missing the tourney which no loving way and how the team was "lazy" in the second half. They were tired on D but Christ, that's gonna happen when your two stars are sophomores playing against seniors and grad transfers on 5 days rest while your stars played 30+ minutes each the night before. And it was still close FFS.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA doing that thing again where they let a double-digit halftime lead slip as their opponent hits one 3 after another.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Nahhh but they're talking about us maybe missing the tourney which no loving way and how the team was "lazy" in the second half. They were tired on D but Christ, that's gonna happen when your two stars are sophomores playing against seniors and grad transfers on 5 days rest while your stars played 30+ minutes each the night before. And it was still close FFS.

From general observations and talking with the guy who runs Backing the Pack, I have no idea how any of y'all SBNation or other semi-official blogging types handle the teeming masses of the college sports world. So many of them are just the absolute worst.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

UVA doing that thing again where they let a double-digit halftime lead slip as their opponent hits one 3 after another.

From general observations and talking with the guy who runs Backing the Pack, I have no idea how any of y'all SBNation or other semi-official blogging types handle the teeming masses of the college sports world. So many of them are just the absolute worst.

It's a challenge, I'll say that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, oh my god Missouri comes back to tie it against Auburn after a questionable offensive foul on Auburn.

e: And on to OT.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
KIM ANDERSON'S REIGN LASTS ANOTHER DAY!

Sorry Auburn if we knocked you out of the NIT, you guys are going to be dangerous if all those young guys learn to play defense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm seriously kind of :unsmith: for Kim right now. Since there's no question about him destroying my team in the future I'm glad he got to have another happy memory.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
does that count as a road win?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Poque posted:

does that count as a road win?

Nah, but I think they said it's still only his third win on a neutral court in three years? Jesus that's unbelievable if true.

e: Looked it up, they won @Chaminade in 2014 and beat Tulane on a neutral court this year. Other than that winless away from Mizzou Arena until tonight.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 9, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think Wake is pretty safe, even if they're dumped into the First Four graveyard. The bubble has so many mediocre teams this year that I don't know if you can make a serious case for leaving the Deacs out.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yeah, there is no way in hell Wake gets left out, 34 in RPI and 31 in kenpom. It seems like they are currently projected as a play in game type team, but I honestly think they'll get a 10 seed.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
illinois down 22-9 to a team without game jerseys or a plane and whatever else. fire groce

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don't understand how the uniforms didn't make the trip but it's hilarious that Michigan just strolled off a plane in intramural jerseys and are dominating.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god I can't watch right now but I have to see these intramural jerseys.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
these uniforms are incredible

it's like if Oregon just gave up

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Poque posted:

these uniforms are incredible

it's like if Oregon just gave up

So...Oregon State?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They should play in them the rest of the year.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Are they expected to get their real ones tomorrow?

Clones looking good so far. Wish I could watch.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i would rather play literally any big ten team except Michigan in the next round so this is cool

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Are they expected to get their real ones tomorrow?

Clones looking good so far. Wish I could watch.

All of their equipment cannot be removed from the plane due to the investigation.

Gonna bet they play in them regardless since superstition and all.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/839895918933585920

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Phil Forte is still around? Seems like every conference has at least one white shootey guy who has been in college for 10 years.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Oklahoma State has now lost ten in a row to Iowa State. That's a large number of games in a row.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

Thoguh posted:

Oklahoma State has now lost ten in a row to Iowa State. That's a large number of games in a row.

What can we say? Our team likes to set records!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

More than a little worried about UNC playing this well. Not sure who can hang with them, hoping Louisville gets the chance tomorrow.

At least the bracket rules out a Duke-UNC final.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
liking this balanced scoring, Hall and King putting in good minutes with starters in early foul trouble

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rick Pitino is an idiot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well Louisville's managed to gently caress this right up. Weren't they up by 12 or 15 or something just a few minutes ago?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Kansas what are you doing I want Iowa State to play you tomorrow.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Well Louisville's managed to gently caress this right up. Weren't they up by 12 or 15 or something just a few minutes ago?

Yes. One of the worst coaching jobs I've seen in a while.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Caroline goes out after falling hard on a knee, comes back and scores on next two possessions. Fantastic

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good god that was terrible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I put the odds of Kansas actually losing this game about about 5%.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thoguh posted:

Kansas what are you doing I want Iowa State to play you tomorrow.

Josh Jackson is out.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Grittybeard posted:

I put the odds of Kansas actually losing this game about about 5%.

Yeah, it never lasts.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I know this will end with evil prevailing over funny but I'm gonna get as much enjoyment out of the next few minutes as possible until that happens.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, weird. Kansas gets a bad call in their favor. Crazy.

e: It's pretty understandable why they called it that way live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ok, it'll take some doing to lose this for TCU after that.

I like how the KU guy who bowls over someone shooting a three thinks he didn't foul anyone.

• Locked thread