Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

axeil posted:

So that Brandon Cooks market sure did dry up quick, huh?

If the Titans really did offer the #1 pick the Saints must be kicking themselves right now.

it's only 23 minutes into free agency, maybe wait an hour or two before declaring the market dried up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
You'd think he'd take the longer deal with his injury history.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839949262121222149

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Athanatos posted:

*Picks up the phone, angrily yells*

"HELLO, anyone want to sign with the Colts??"

"No? Why not!?"

"Alright I see, good answer. Thank you."

Well I guess it's an improvement from calling up a 35 year old ex-eagles guy who was getting ready for retirement and asking him if he wants $8 million a year just because

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

i bet he thought they paid for brock not got paid to take him when he saw the headline

When I first saw the headline I nearly blacked out reading "Browns trade for Osweiler" and then I read the rest and I was like oh ok that makes sense

so that was probably it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wandler20 posted:

You'd think he'd take the longer deal with his injury history.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839949262121222149

and also his history of being fat

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

it's only 23 minutes into free agency, maybe wait an hour or two before declaring the market dried up

Don't care how, I want it nowwwwwwwwww

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Well the 2 main players were the Titans and Eagles. Titans (allegedly) offered their #1 pick and the Saints said no while the Eagles just signed Alshon Jeffrey and Torrey Smith so presumably they are out. Buccs got D-Jax.

Who else is left? The Colts? Skins?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

axeil posted:

What about Chip Kelly ( :rip: ) and his Wild Ride?

Sorry Eagles bros, but Brock to Cleveland for the express purpose of hoarding a pick and meeting the cap floor is funnier by a lot

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/839950329307361281

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

axeil posted:

What about Chip Kelly ( :rip: ) and his Wild Ride?

Even that doesn't compare to the Dream Team

poo poo, remember when the Redskins gave Albert Haynesworth truckloads of money to ineffectively play two-gap nose tackle in a 3-4? Good times

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

jeez, that's quite a bit for a rotational guy

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Tom Sellout posted:

Even that doesn't compare to the Dream Team

poo poo, remember when the Redskins gave Albert Haynesworth truckloads of money to ineffectively play two-gap nose tackle in a 3-4? Good times

the dream team wasnt funny until we crashed mid season....

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Elephanthead posted:

Colts old washed up RB is available.

Huh, I didn't realize until looking it up just now that Gore managed to top 1000 yards last year. Good for him.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

When I first saw the headline I nearly blacked out reading "Browns trade for Osweiler" and then I read the rest and I was like oh ok that makes sense

so that was probably it

That's exactly it. After I fired off a few angry texts and Facebook update, I finally realized the comedy in it. I read it wrong and thought the Browns gave up a 2nd to get him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/839950730526068736

rofl

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Sorry Eagles bros, but Brock to Cleveland for the express purpose of hoarding a pick and meeting the cap floor is funnier by a lot

True, true. Also was that deal reported correctly?

BROWNS GET

Brock Osweiler
2018 2nd round pick
2017 6th round pick

TEXANS GET

2017 4th round pick.

Because I just saw the terms and...what the gently caress? I thought the Texans were getting the 4th and 2nd rounder. :psyduck:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I mean I know we won this trade but really it breaks down as

Give: 4th
Get: Late 3rd, 6th

This is a win and we have the money so whatevs , but it isn't highway robbery and we better be giving our last of 3 4th's.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

axeil posted:

Well the 2 main players were the Titans and Eagles. Titans (allegedly) offered their #1 pick and the Saints said no while the Eagles just signed Alshon Jeffrey and Torrey Smith so presumably they are out. Buccs got D-Jax.

The Saints don't have to be in a huge hurry. They could maybe go back to the Titans and say OK we changed our minds, or see if new offers crop up. There's a lot to settle out still.

Worst case scenario they just keep him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is what we're doomed to.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao rest of the AFC South is making moves and the Colts are over here signing a punter.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

This is such a dumb league.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

This is what we're doomed to.

if you guys do that i'll actually pee in my pants

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

There was a rumor the Pats offered their first the other day wasn't there?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Ehud posted:

And also his history of suspensions

And also the history of young QBs who quietly sucked for most of their first year

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Watch Brock turn into an all pro now

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

A 1 year deal for Alshon is odd, but I'll take it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

how would that even work

"hey if you restructure him to give him his guarantees in bonus and vet minimum salary, we'll take him"?

nobody can possibly want him at his guaranteed salary, or are they just asking if he's been cut yet

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ehud posted:

Honestly, his only real issue is health (and PEDs). I'm sad to see him go because we have no one else at WR

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Woooow

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/839951163550232576

cool cool

sounds like one of those 1 year deals

also

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/839951268164612096

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Intruder posted:

Watch Brock turn into an all pro now

I know the trauma is still fresh, but I don't think you have to worry about this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

if you guys do that i'll actually pee in my pants

Is there really a difference between him or Geno or Petty or Hack? They just better make sure they go 1-15 this season and actually get Darnold.

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!

Kalli posted:

Patriots re-sign Duron Harmon for 4 years, up to $20m....

that seems high, but whatever.

Do you know the guaranteed money? Harmon was the pending FA that I was the most meh about.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Brock starting Jets QB next year book it

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

The Saints don't have to be in a huge hurry. They could maybe go back to the Titans and say OK we changed our minds, or see if new offers crop up. There's a lot to settle out still.

Worst case scenario they just keep him.

Hm, I suppose that's true. Just seems like they may have been able to get a better deal if they had traded him while there were still other teams with WR needs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Oh for gently caress's sake.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839951319431589889

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why do the Saints want to offload Cooks anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I'm hard thinking about the Ramsey/Bouye combo. Don't ask about depth.

• Locked thread