Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

GodspeedSphere posted:

Any goons seconding? For .99c funbux I can afford. It sounds a little bit like FTL?

Looking forward to their next one, space haven. Should be more like FTL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

This is fun so far but I'm looking at the recipe list and :stare:

Yeah, it's one of those games where I rage-quit because I was given a session where everyone wants a grilled gecko and a three-stage drink and I don't want to experience that again... and then I pick it up later on and everyone wants much more manageable orders.

Rapner posted:

Gardenscapes.

I've been playing that off and on, and I feel it's still kinda a cash-grab at heart. There are some missions that really feel like they were meant to completed with a handful of bombs. There's something :3: about the game, though, especially if you read the in-game Facebook analogue.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Seconding both the fun and "gently caress YOU" feelings of Potion Punch. It reminds me a lot of Cook. Serve. Delicious.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Seconding both the fun and "gently caress YOU" feelings of Potion Punch. It reminds me a lot of Cook. Serve. Delicious.

I like CSD a lot more because the controls on mobile were actually pretty good. You just tapped to accomplish everything IIRC. I don't like how you have to drag everything around in Potion Punch, I keep messing up orders because I dragged slightly too imprecisely.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

I really enjoyed episode 1 of Out There Chronicles. Is there anything else like that out there, and does anyone have any experience with the studios other game Dungeon Rushers?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Zarlog posted:

My wife is asking for the best Candy Crush type game that doesn't want all your money. Any recommendations?

Disney Emoji Blitz. My wife and I :( are hooked.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Rapner posted:

Gardenscapes.

Cool, thanks you two. I'll share this and Emoji Blitz with her.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Cook Serve Delicious works really well on a mobile device. Some foods I dread making on PC are much easier on phone, like Soup.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

If anyone likes point & click adventures, Tormentum is on sale right now. I'm liking it so far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.ohnoo.tormentum

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It skews heavily toward "gently caress YOU" on the third level when it replaces two of your ingredients with functionally identical ones for the sole, transparent purpose of making you spend coins to re-level two ingredients.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
the fourth level requires gems to unlock and requires additional gems for the venue upgrades starting at level 1 so...

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I really like Potion Punch but its very colorblind unfriendly.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Are there any good ARG games similar to Ingress or Pokemon Go that are any good? I want to like Ingress but it seems like unless you're in some remote area you have no chance to contribute as everyone else is either spoofing or holding poo poo down thanks to their high levels.

I also finally tried Soda Dungeon and uninstalled it after a day, suuuuuuuuuper overrated.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Has anyone played the Android port of Soul Calibur? Does it have the extra modes from, say, the Dreamcast version? Is there any reason not to just bust my Dreamcast out if I get a hankering?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Can't imagine any scenario where an android port of a fighting game would be better than an actual console

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Well, it's compatible with my Shield TV.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Its a good port but your probably better off just playing it on Dreamcast. From what I can gather it's missing the Team Battle and Mission modes from the Dreamcast version but the extra characters are still in there to be unlocked. There isn't any multiplayer modes either.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 8, 2017

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Not even local multiplayer? Forget that then, I wanted the missions and to play it with my wife once in a while.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

cage-free egghead posted:

Are there any good ARG games similar to Ingress or Pokemon Go that are any good? I want to like Ingress but it seems like unless you're in some remote area you have no chance to contribute as everyone else is either spoofing or holding poo poo down thanks to their high levels.

I also finally tried Soda Dungeon and uninstalled it after a day, suuuuuuuuuper overrated.

There was a thread for location based games a while back but I think it's dropped into the archives. A few goons have been playing Resources Game which is a game about building up a mining/production empire. I've been enjoying it because resources are distributed across the globe according to some sort of noise function, so you don't need to live in a populated area to play.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Ephphatha posted:

There was a thread for location based games a while back but I think it's dropped into the archives. A few goons have been playing Resources Game which is a game about building up a mining/production empire. I've been enjoying it because resources are distributed across the globe according to some sort of noise function, so you don't need to live in a populated area to play.

The Resources Game link doesn't work, it sounded interesting and I loved Ingress, mind fixing the link? Also is this the best one right now?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Literally googling "Resources Game" has it as the first link.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yeah but the poster isn't likely to check their own link again to see if it works, so how else would they know it was busted?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I haven't played Fallout Shelter since it came out. I can't try it right now, but is there a link or quick rundown of what's been added?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Well the link I found goes to a .ch domain and it asks for google user name / password. And it only has like 100K downloads, so before I go giving away my info and installing an app I just wanted to make sure it was the same thing..

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I haven't played Fallout Shelter since it came out. I can't try it right now, but is there a link or quick rundown of what's been added?

The big additions seem to be pets, crafting and the ability to go on quests outside the vault along with a buttload of minor ones like new characters and loot.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 8, 2017

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

fyallm posted:

Well the link I found goes to a .ch domain and it asks for google user name / password. And it only has like 100K downloads, so before I go giving away my info and installing an app I just wanted to make sure it was the same thing..

But the link is play.google.com...? It worked for me just fine.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Yup, link works for me just fine too?!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Sorry I meant the link to the game website. Not the link to download the app.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

fyallm posted:

Its ok, that was just MisterBibs, he's got aspergers so bad he's basically a robot. Your post was reasonable.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I installed that Resource game. Seems neat, something to check every now and then depending on your location.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Same. I already got a bunch of different mines going from a quick walk downtown. Looks like a pretty casual game, which is exactly what I wanted.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If you ever thought RollerCoaster Tycoon really needed a F2P card collecting element, RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch is out now in Canada and Holland.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

mrkillboy posted:

If you ever thought RollerCoaster Tycoon really needed a F2P card collecting element, RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch is out now in Canada and Holland.

Or if you need a good RollerCoaster Tycoon, RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic has you covered

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Resources was my main game for like a year, was very fun. I eventually hit a stopping point well into the end game though and then liquidated and gave away my trillions to randoms.

The Duggler posted:

I just bought it, I'll report back tomorrow

How is The Escapists?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Knightmare posted:

How is The Escapists?

I think maybe I "don't get it"

It seems both shallow and a little inaccessible. I'll give it some more time. Control and display wise it's perfect on my Pixel XL

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

For what it's worth, I enjoyed it on PC. Probably not that much depth.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

fyallm posted:

Sorry I meant the link to the game website. Not the link to download the app.

I only play the game, I've got no control over the store page. http://www.resources-game.ch/en/ is the devs website so as long as you trust a swiss/german programmer with your location you should be reasonably safe making an account. If it's asking for google login details it should either be signing in through Play Games or using Google OpenID, either way you'd be logging in to google and not providing that website with your email password.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Danmaku 2 Unlimited is free for two more hours. No idea if it's any good

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doragongames.danmakuunlimited2

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I really like egg Inc but it definitely seems like there is a point you will have to buy golden eggs to proceed which is kind of lame. The upgrades that use them scale very fast and the game only gives you a tiny trickle to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This is more of an apps question but it is related; Is there a podcast app you guys use that doesn't pause during some games? I use Doubletwist and like it pretty well but some games always pause my podcast while open and it makes me not want to play them on break or whenever I'm listening to something.

I think this only happens in games where you can't disable the audio, just turn the volume down. But I have heard people say not all podcast apps do this so I thought I'd ask.