Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zaphod42 posted:

Japanese Amiibos are in stock and work identically to US Amiibos. Just gotta wait for them to ship from glorious Sunshine Land. You can get them on Ebay or Rakuten. :japan:

Where? Everyplace I've checked either is out of stock or sells them for the equivalent of 60 dollars.I found an 8Bit link at TRU so at least I can get that hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I can't tell what my favorite sidequest is but Hudson dialog trees are the best and I really enjoyed building a town with very stupidly specific guidelines.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So Dunkey did a video on Breath of the Wild and some of the things he tries is amazing because they work, to an extent, best loving game ever.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Of course, now that I have found where the Master Sword is and want to encounter shrines, I run into basically none of them. Where are they all hiding???

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How you Shield Surf once you have Daruk's Protection or whatever?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

How you Shield Surf once you have Daruk's Protection or whatever?

Exactly the same way?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

holy poo poo, attaching the octo balloon to a bomb and then using a korok leaf :v: :lol:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kashuno posted:

Exactly the same way?

Jump and press the shield button right?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

s.i.r.e. posted:

Jump and press the shield button right?

Hold out shield, jump, press A.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
jump, shield, A

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Enemies are just as bound to the law of the cucco as we are.

brb, taking a chicken to the colliseum

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Thunderblight Ganon what the hell is this? Every boss in this game so far has been trivially easy, then suddenly this guy has a perfect defense?

Cojawfee posted:

Where? Everyplace I've checked either is out of stock or sells them for the equivalent of 60 dollars.I found an 8Bit link at TRU so at least I can get that hat.

........ dude read the post you just quoted. :v: I already told you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

On the agenda for today:

Get some rupees rupees y'all by doin' that deer thing at Hateno I've heard about and seeing if I can get the better armor there

Head up to fish town and maybe get to the dungeon starting point

Any shrines along the way

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Enemies are just as bound to the law of the cucco as we are.

brb, taking a chicken to the colliseum

If this works, please record it. That Lynel is a dick and I want to see him get punked with poultry.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Thunderblight Ganon what the hell is this? Every boss in this game so far has been trivially easy, then suddenly this guy has a perfect defense?

........ dude read the post you just quoted. :v: I already told you.

I checked those things. Japanese ebay has them for 5k+ yen and Rakuten doesn't have the Link Amiibos.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This is unironically a good showcase of why this game owns.

Nintendo didn't boast about ~radiant A.I.~ or ~emergent gameplay~ and yet this game is somehow the best ever at those kinda things :v: The amount of poo poo you (and the enemies) can pull in this game is magical.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cojawfee posted:

I checked those things. Japanese ebay has them for 5k+ yen and Rakuten doesn't have the Link Amiibos.

I see link with bow and link on horse on rakuten, and there were more yesterday. Ebay had lots yesterday but I guess they all sold. There's no doubt a big rush to buy them up right now, partially by resellers.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
amazon.jp?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

jivjov posted:

Hold out shield, jump, press A.

That's what I missed, the A at the end.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

I see link with bow and link on horse on rakuten, and there were more yesterday. Ebay had lots yesterday but I guess they all sold. There's no doubt a big rush to buy them up right now, partially by resellers.

If you had read my post, you'd see I want the OoT Link.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

If you had read my post, you'd see I want the OoT Link.

Amazon.jp has it for 2330 Yen.

And I got an OoT link off Ebay two days ago. So like I said, just look around. Its not rocket science.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ugh, the stupid WiiU resets the deadzones on the Pro controller thumbsticks every time it wakes up, and it auto-sleeps if you don't use it for a couple moments, and then if it messes up the deadzone you are hosed because the tablet refuses to do anything while the Pro controller is sending inputs, and there's no way to power off the controller without turning off the console too.

This has happened to me like 3 times now where I have to reset the console to play, and right now I'm in the middle of a boss, so its gonna send me back to the start of the dungeon. Not that they're long, but comeon.

E: Thank god, you can fix it by holding A, B, +, and - for several seconds. Was driving me crazy.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kenshin posted:

holy poo poo, attaching the octo balloon to a bomb and then using a korok leaf :v: :lol:

The greatest crime this game has committed is making the octo balloons pop automatically after a pretty short time

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Zaphod42 posted:

Ugh, the stupid WiiU resets the deadzones on the Pro controller thumbsticks every time it wakes up, and it auto-sleeps if you don't use it for a couple moments, and then if it messes up the deadzone you are hosed because the tablet refuses to do anything while the Pro controller is sending inputs, and there's no way to power off the controller without turning off the console too.

This has happened to me like 3 times now where I have to reset the console to play, and right now I'm in the middle of a boss, so its gonna send me back to the start of the dungeon. Not that they're long, but comeon.

I agree that it is dumb but instead of doing that I think you can hold A, B, +, and - for 3 seconds to recalibrate the sticks, similar to L+R+Start on the N64.

e:b

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

cheetah7071 posted:

Holy poo poo is this real

Sorry but I like my video games like I like my values

TRADITIONAL

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

This is a dumb question but do things sell for different prices to different vendors? I see people post things like "combine a firefly with four lovely goblin horns for 100g" but I only get 40 from doing that. And increasing the quality of the horns still makes them sell for really cheap.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RoryGilmore posted:

This is a dumb question but do things sell for different prices to different vendors? I see people post things like "combine a firefly with four lovely goblin horns for 100g" but I only get 40 from doing that. And increasing the quality of the horns still makes them sell for really cheap.

No selling is universal.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lemming posted:

The greatest crime this game has committed is making the octo balloons pop automatically after a pretty short time

I can't wait for someone to horde up hundreds of Octo balloons and ride up into the atmosphere.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Okay so next run plan: store 99 octobaloons and 6 korok leaves, find a raft, ride it to ganon

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I just got to my first stable and saw a dog (12/10 good dogs Brent), can I build affection and have a dog follow me around or is he stuck at the stable?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just discovered you can drop bombs while parachuting like a B-52. don't know why this didn't cross my mind. Truly if you think something could be done, it actually can.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I've been trying to mount a buck (deer with antlers or whatever) for over an hour. Any time I get on one, I get thrown off. I'm pressing L very rapidly so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any tips?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

MinibarMatchman posted:

just discovered you can drop bombs while parachuting like a B-52. don't know why this didn't cross my mind. Truly if you think something could be done, it actually can.

All the time that the game was delayed was just filled with the devs trying stupid poo poo and, when it didn't actually work, coding it to actually work

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Seriously, thunderblight ganon is the most infuriating boss I've fought in any zelda game. I struggle to think of dark souls bosses as frustrating as this. He warps around which breaks lock on, then he has perfect guard so a parry is the *only* way to hurt him, then he strips your shield constantly and attacks you while your shield is stripped, AND he has guardian lasers with massive AOE which hit you even if you're standing behind a wall. gently caress!

I just looked up a video of somebody fighting him and after he goes to phase 2 he doesn't do the teleport strike at all anymore, but for me he just keeps doing it over and over and over. Maybe its bugged. This is ridiculous.

I've beaten every other boss in this game on my first try without even thinking about it, and then suddenly this guy is like dark souls on cocaine. What the gently caress?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I've been trying to mount a buck (deer with antlers or whatever) for over an hour. Any time I get on one, I get thrown off. I'm pressing L very rapidly so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any tips?

I think you have to have enough stamina--maybe try eating food that gives you temp stamina?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

Seriously, thunderblight ganon is the most infuriating boss I've fought in any zelda game. I struggle to think of dark souls bosses as frustrating as this. He warps around which breaks lock on, then he has perfect guard so a parry is the *only* way to hurt him, then he strips your shield constantly and attacks you while your shield is stripped, gently caress!

I just looked up a video of somebody fighting him and after he goes to phase 2 he doesn't do the teleport strike at all anymore, but for me he just keeps doing it over and over and over. Maybe its bugged. This is ridiculous.

I've beaten every other boss in this game on my first try without even thinking about it, and then suddenly this guy is like dark souls on cocaine. What the gently caress?

I managed to beat him without even thinking to try to flurry rush by just mashing attack like a moron, but I went through a Mipha's grace revival and like all my food in the process

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kashuno posted:

Okay so next run plan: store 99 octobaloons and 6 korok leaves, find a raft, ride it to ganon

I haven't fought him yet (couldn't figure out how to wake him up and still haven't, I guess he's just getting his beauty sleep :v:) but I did enjoy stealth-climbing up and in, and then looking out the door and seeing the "traditional" Ganondorf Castle Staircase that I had skipped entirely. This game does a great job of keeping the traditional Zelda tropes and then letting you subvert them entirely, laughing all the way.

Also with the above, I really like how there's not really any gating (so far) that's not knowledge- or skill-based-- so far the only restrictions to getting places have been "knowing the trick" and "being able to survive the thing between you and it" instead of "you don't have the proper plot macguffin".

Also I've heard that the Hylian shield is available but don't want to spoil it outright by looking up the questline, is it like the Master Sword in that there are clues if you've played other LoZ games, or does it just start from some random no-name somewhere where I have to talk to everyone in every town before and after every plot quest to make sure I don't miss it?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I managed to beat him without even thinking to try to flurry rush by just mashing attack like a moron, but I went through a Mipha's grace revival and like all my food in the process

I've been trying to attack him and literally nothing will get past him except a flurry. I have him down to a sliver of health but now he just keeps stripping my shield and I can't get a parry. This is loving insane.

E: FINALLY got another flurry. I had to go through 3 shields.

Also I've heard that the Hylian shield is available but don't want to spoil it outright by looking up the questline, is it like the Master Sword in that there are clues if you've played other LoZ games, or does it just start from some random no-name somewhere where I have to talk to everyone in every town before and after every plot quest to make sure I don't miss it?

I think I heard its just something you find in hyrule castle not really a quest

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 9, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I just got to my first stable and saw a dog (12/10 good dogs Brent), can I build affection and have a dog follow me around or is he stuck at the stable?

Yes and No. You can build your Social Links with these dogs, but they won't go far from the stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

It drops from an optional boss in Hyrule Castle, no quest attached. It has extreme durability (the #2 most durable shield in the game according to the book has 32 durability, Hylian has 800) but it can break and outside of a lucky amiibo scan you can't get another one.