Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Deceitful Penguin posted:

how long is the ESRB label on this now

because they're going to have to add "Drug Use" after this one because of teh Assassins

Rated M for Mature:
All of the things except nudity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Moridin920 posted:

Rated M for Mature:
All of the things except nudity.

Horse Culture people don't wear clothes

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Goofballs posted:

Its a relatively small change but could we get some order to how horribly you execute someone. Like sometimes its expedient to kill someone and you behead them, fine but other times its some horrifying message about burying them alive in a wall or what have you and it just seems way out of proportion to how I felt about that collection of entries on a spreadsheet I know. So maybe gate the more horror intense deaths behind a bigger piety loss wall and maybe give some prestige back or something.
The executions are based on a widely branching dice roll influenced by your culture, religion, and traits so have no fear, you are always executing someone exactly as horrible as you should be.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Kaza42 posted:

Horse Culture people don't wear clothes

Nor do Digambara society members IIRC.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

My devil-worshipping dude is really scary looking. :ohdear:

He just kidnapped a 10-year-old dwarf and boiled him to death for Satan.

The Contarini family was also voted out of office in the last election, and the new Doge appointed my guy here as his spymaster due to his high intrigue. Bad idea on his part! He dead now.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

No Pants posted:

Is there a reliable way to steal something out of someone else's treasury? Some rear end in a top hat in tribal Ireland somehow got Jesus's shirt from the Pope, and I kind of want it. Like, I'm thinking about putting my plans in central Europe on the back-burner to create Ireland, vassalize him, and mow through his line of succession until I inherit all his stuff, but I don't know if that last part works like that.

Loot his holding.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Kenzie posted:

The best part is his sad, exasperated looking wife

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
How do I get rid of an item? Turns out that being a muslim with constant minus piety isn't a great idea!

Goddamn Necronomicon....

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Kenzie posted:

He just kidnapped a 10-year-old dwarf and boiled him to death for Satan.

The Contarini family was also voted out of office in the last election, and the new Doge appointed my guy here as his spymaster due to his high intrigue. Bad idea on his part! He dead now.

"This scary-rear end lunatic with possibly supernatural espionage powers won't betray ME :downs:"

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

"Meet my spymaster, Literally A Sith Lord"

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I have a hunch there might be something fishy about this priest that I can dig up...

update: I failed and he managed to accuse me of sinning. He gave me a promotion though so there's no hard feelings.

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 10, 2017

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Kainser posted:

Loot his holding.

I was looking for something more reliable than that. :v: I guess I can convert to Norse culture and burn down his stupid huts until the game ends.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

zedprime posted:

The executions are based on a widely branching dice roll influenced by your culture, religion, and traits so have no fear, you are always executing someone exactly as horrible as you should be.

I know that different cultures have different executions, I don't know the exact breakdown for every culture but it seems like most of them have a range from relatively normal execution to brutal horror show intended to terrify. It seems like a relatively minor effort to give us standard state execution/Saw 10

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Don't worry. Some one has already documented all the execution methods and their chance to happen.

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Execution

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Sheep posted:

No, there is only one society for them.

AFAIK this list is still correct:

The Nestorians get a monastic reskin as the Community of Saint Abraham.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Goddammit I'm never gonna get an immortal character. I've had it pop 3 whole times since RD hit with what I'm sure are legit teachers (25-30+ in relevant stat) but I've failed it every time. I just want to see it once :sigh:

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The best part is his sad, exasperated looking wife

And it's funny because she hates him and tries joining any plot she can against him, even if it's just taking away a trade post.

She won't give me any kids either. Does a negative opinion affect fertility? It's been ages since I've played this game.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone else noticed some... irregularities with the event that you get if you have the app game? The one where you fall in love with someone else at your wedding? Because it does not work great for the gay. In fact, I've had it fire for two gay rulers, and it paired each one with a lesbian instead of, say, a fellow gay man.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I'm usually not one to obsess over pretty borders, but the Charlemagne start seems to have a particular knack for making Europe into a horrific jumbled mess.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

I'm usually not one to obsess over pretty borders, but the Charlemagne start seems to have a particular knack for making Europe into a horrific jumbled mess.

it's your punishment for thinking you could avoid the hre's ugly blob rear end

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

ShootaBoy posted:

Goddammit I'm never gonna get an immortal character. I've had it pop 3 whole times since RD hit with what I'm sure are legit teachers (25-30+ in relevant stat) but I've failed it every time. I just want to see it once :sigh:

Even high stat guys can be frauds, it's a hidden tag on their character. Only 1/10 guys are legit.

That said it has made my scandanavia run shockingly easy to the point where I'm a bit concerned I might WC by accident.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

No Pants posted:

I was looking for something more reliable than that. :v: I guess I can convert to Norse culture and burn down his stupid huts until the game ends.

All right, it's looking like my original plan is working. I got lucky, and someone else unseated the guy with the artifact, so I invited him to my court and landed him. I murdered him and his benighted heirs until I got one I could marry, and it's now sitting in my wife's treasury. Hopefully it doesn't get lost when she croaks so our son can do Jesus cosplay.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Odobenidae posted:

update: I failed and he managed to accuse me of sinning. He gave me a promotion though so there's no hard feelings.

"You terrible sinner! You're just the sort of person we need in this organization."

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What is the Assassin drug thing?

Just getting stoned off hashish and killing some dudes?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I swear the kaisers have some psychic ability to declare realm peace precisely when it's most obnoxious for me. I saw someone upthread say you can get favors from your liege by hopping on their council and being a Malcontent - is that the only way to prevent realm peace, or do I just have to suck it up and embrace the HRE?

Granted, being HRE is probably the only reason I didn't get eaten by France after starting as Upper Lorraine, but still.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

how long is the ESRB label on this now

because they're going to have to add "Drug Use" after this one because of teh Assassins

it's great how a game where you can butcher and eat children for the glory of satan is rated T for Teen

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Castrating toddlers is fun for all ages.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

verbal enema posted:

What is the Assassin drug thing?

Just getting stoned off hashish and killing some dudes?

Get stoned off hashish, this has variety of effects - seen it give stat bonuses, remove stressed, reveal plots or have a bad trip with stat malus.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I think some of the devil worshipping missions need to be less aimed at other members of the cult. Like why am I getting a mission to defile the temple of a fellow devil worshipper? And the event text lets you (if your intrigue is high) knock out and sacrifice them which is kind of counter productive since it weakens your cult (not to mention that the event text behaves as if they're a regular pious religious figure). Same with the missions to corrupt religious figures who are fellow members. While that's not as bad since it's usually just another sin added to their traits, it feels pointless since, well, they already worship the devil.

Also there's a lot of "he" in the even texts where female characters are involved (also Hel :v: ). Also when I'm already complaining and making more wishes, I wish recruiting family members gave you a different event text than recruiting strangers.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Mar 10, 2017

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Is there anything that stops characters from being abduction targets? I was able to kidnap Pepin Karloman in one game, but not in another.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Anticheese posted:

Is there anything that stops characters from being abduction targets? I was able to kidnap Pepin Karloman in one game, but not in another.

Was he in hiding or secluded in his court due to an epidemic?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

That might have been it! The lack of tooltips and the option appearing threw me off. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only
Anyone else playing this on Linux and encountering doubled key presses since the update? I've got to open up a menu before pressing escape to open up the exit menu, else it just flickers because it closes immediately after opening.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

are horses supposed to start plots or is this because I had him possessed by demons?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I don't know about horses, but 90%+ of the plots my spymaster uncovers in my current game are done by possessed people.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
I actually found a horse culture ai ruler today.

In Scotland of all places.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
I didn't see a single person mention this with council/faction/vassal management: you can get marriage non-aggression pacts with your vassals, which prevents them from joining factions.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
They really need to make it so you get a mark when you get a familiar (trading an eye for ravens like Wotan would be great) because it would set up a meta-game. Your catholic ruler gets sick but people don't get sick. It must be because of a witch. My commander is missing an eye, clearly an agent of satan. He must die so I can live.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So it is impossible to get a hermetic or similar kind of order as a Germanic religion? Damnit I just wanted my science-vikings to build weird boat-laboratories or something :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

evilmiera posted:

So it is impossible to get a hermetic or similar kind of order as a Germanic religion? Damnit I just wanted my science-vikings to build weird boat-laboratories or something :(

It's super easy to mod though. Abandon cheevos and find happiness!

• Locked thread