Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Ephraim counters all lovely idiot sword lord anime looking garbage faces. He is the most powerful of the lords represented here.

I mean ya Ike or Hector or a Not lovely Eliwood or Lyn would cleave him in half, but for he's the best in that bucket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ChronoReverse posted:

Even my +atk Camilla misses some crucial OHKO's so I'd think about going Sheena instead.

Cool, I'd rather use the feathers on something I don't have. Which now goes to a 5^* Spear.

Effie, come on down!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Servaetes posted:

I mean ya Ike or Hector or a Not lovely Eliwood or Lyn would cleave him in half, but for he's the best in that bucket.

Well if Hector was an option this would be no contest.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Honestly, Chrom rules

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

mistaya posted:

Well if Hector was an option this would be no contest.

I mean I think Ike doesn't technically get to be a part of this, because he's not royalty but isn't Hector a king or something?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Servaetes posted:

I mean I think Ike doesn't technically get to be a part of this, because he's not royalty but isn't Hector a king or something?

I think he's just like a duke or something, but the leader of an alliance of smaller territories.

Edit: Marquess, apparently?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 9, 2017

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
A 17 orb pull got me Hinoka. I haven't pulled a focus unit since three Julia dupes and a single Klein. She's no Taco or Lobster but I guess she's better than Sakura at least.

Also

oops gently caress wrong format.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 9, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lord Ephraim posted:

Also

I regret nothing.

quite literally nothing

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The shift of momentum seems to be timezone related, with Americans liking chrome and civilised nations preferring Ephraim.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I am glad I picked Team Chrom. What a battle its been

I mean lucina is winning regardless but still

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ephraim back in the lead.

I'm currently 33rd, but out of flags.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Tae posted:

What red characters exist that Abel kills but Hinoka can't, exactly?
I constantly find the answer change every time I find Hinoka get bodied by a new sword Lord due to me forgetting their drat dancer.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Oboro is going in a blender if it means Effie can get her Heavy Spear

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

also plz netmarbu give veronica

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Wait, so you're rank in the voting challenge literally only is as high as the flags you spend?

And there is a set limit to the number of flags that you can have?

And there is no way to buy flags?

What's the point of this mode, exactly?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Paul Zuvella posted:

To have a poll where Lucina wins.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Wait, so you're rank in the voting challenge literally only is as high as the flags you spend?

Your rank within each individual match-up is determined by how many of your finite flags you choose to spend. Trying to maximize your feather payouts is probably the most complicated strategic decision in the game, because you have to predict how many people will join your team and how many of their flags they'll spend when. I mean, you could join Team Lucina for three guaranteed wins in a row, but it's also harder to rank highly within a larger team. Maybe Lucina's the best choice anyway, but I don't think it's obvious.

The overall ranking is just a matter of who can play as close to exactly every half hour as possible, and relatively uninteresting.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 9, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Paul Zuvella posted:

To keep people logging in every half hour to drive their prince/princess to victory.

It's a popularity contest with mild tactical elements.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I constantly find the answer change every time I find Hinoka get bodied by a new sword Lord due to me forgetting their drat dancer.

This is really where Abel is awesome compared to other blues and hinoka in particular. Swordkiller or w/e means he doubles sword lords on defense as well as offense. So you can bait or use the cav move advantage which gives him a lot more tactical uses.

Imho Effie, Abel, and Azura are the best lances in the game right now just based on their individual power and skills. Though in terms of Blues CorrinF and RobinM are probably up there or beyond.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
For some reason, I'm idly wondering what would happen if they had a contest like this, but announced that everyone will get a copy of the winning character! I'm guessing that in this case a bunch of people would get hyped about getting a free Lucina, but I have to wonder what response it would receive exactly from people...

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

W.T. Fits posted:

To have a poll where Lucina wins.

Sucks for anyone who didn't hop on the lucina train.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS, ALL aBOARD MARTH IN DRAG

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'd rather this than 80 arena wins quests personally.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rascyc posted:

I'd rather this than 80 arena wins quests personally.

I'm actually having fun with this so same

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
this could be close

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I hope they make it a bank system next time or just use stamina. I'd rather play a few more rounds than be stuck on a cool down.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rascyc posted:

I hope they make it a bank system next time or just use stamina. I'd rather play a few more rounds than be stuck on a cool down.

Yeah making them cost 5 stamina or something would be cool, and would allow whales to filter to the top and get the warm fuzzy feelings that convince them to subsidize me playing for free

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, time to level my Gwendolyn, draug, and Effie so I can do armored core against some rear end in a top hat lunatic dungeon.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Lube banjo posted:

this could be close

I like how it says "same" when the lead is only small, makes me wonder if they do anything special, or at least some sort of acknowledgment, in the event of such a "draw". I imagine the most that would happen though is that the guy who got more votes would still win, but they might mention on twitter or in the announcements that they were impressed with how close it was. Perhaps give a few pity feathers (like, 1/5th or the feathers for being a winner) to the loser for putting up such a good fight.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

More flags for the true spear-lord! :black101: (I like how several million flags isn't enough of a lead to be considered a lead, too.)

What's the flag-count over on the ladies' side anyway?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

mistaya posted:

More flags for the true spear-lord! :black101: (I like how several million flags isn't enough of a lead to be considered a lead, too.)

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

mistaya posted:

When Lucina has a lead in the billions, a couple million really is just statistical noise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Small note, the google playstore has Lucina on the Heroes app. Not saying that heavily contributes, but it is the first thing even super casual people will recognize in-game.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

drat, Eirika has more votes than both boys and she's getting lapped. :stare:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Welp. I will never get anywhere in this event. Everyone is using flags to buff, so I'm getting my rear end handed to me. I can't get a single victory.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Kheldarn posted:

Welp. I will never get anywhere in this event. Everyone is using flags to buff, so I'm getting my rear end handed to me. I can't get a single victory.

I don't think that's how it works.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

Small note, the google playstore has Lucina on the Heroes app. Not saying that heavily contributes, but it is the first thing even super casual people will recognize in-game.
Interesting. The Apple Store has Veronica as the character on the app icon.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I just wanted Eirika to win something for once. Rip her chances.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

AradoBalanga posted:

Interesting. The Apple Store has Veronica as the character on the app icon.

I have Veronica too so idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's pretty obvious lucina is going to win the whole thing right?