Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Barbed Tongues posted:

They are Alien infiltrators sent to monitor and uplift humanity now that society has collapsed. We're officially converging into the Sci-Fi elements, so prepare for things to get interesting.

hmm, that makes sense. i always suspected that the zombie virus was in fact an alien gift that would allow us to create infinite amounts of energy from nothing and enable interstellar travel using zombie driven engines. glad the show is going into that direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The "up up up UP" is space.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There is no way that is loving real. I refuse to believe it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

There had never been a successful zombie comic before The Walking Dead, and publishers weren't really interested in them. When Kirkman pitched The Walking Dead to Image, he told them it would start out as a zombie story, but there would be hints and stuff that wouldn't make any sense until the big twist a few issues in; the zombie virus was released by aliens to depopulate Earth. Image agreed to publish the comic based on that pitch, and by the time they realized that there were no aliens it was too successful to cancel

That cover is a joke based on that.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Vintersorg posted:

:ssh: just let it happen

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

melon cat fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 16, 2019

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/Qnaivnw.gifv

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

Unless that NSA guy dies in episode 4 then your opinions are fake news.

He's the worse.

Citizen Z's transformation from WTF this is lame? to WTF I care about this character? is one of the great parts of the show.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Taear posted:

And I don't see a problem with Rosita. She's frustrated and wishes she could do something. Just like Carl, but nobody's calling him whiny or whatever.

Carl made a pass at Negan when his father was being a pussy and insisting they couldn't fight. The show cut off his balls so he didn't take the shot, but yeah. That's why I'm not too mad at Carl, if not for Plot Armor he'd been successful.

Where as with Rosita, she's acting like she's 13 loving years old and throwing a "I WANT IT NOOOOOOWWWWW" fit. I get why she was upset when Rick and crew were being pussies that didn't want to fight, but now that they're on board with fighting, just shut the gently caress up already Rosita and help out, you know? They're gearing up for war and wars don't start in 12 hours (even though in this universe Negan thinks people break in 24 hours or less).

Her running off because things like getting guns to fight with are "more excuses" puts her on a level far, far dumber than Carl. Even Carl knows they're planning to fight and is trying to help towards preparing, you know? This is coming from someone who liked Rosita up until this recent character shift where she suddenly is a bitch to all her friends while doing irrational bullshit things. It's a sudden butchering of the character, not that they haven't done that before.. *cough* Carol *cough*.

Then again last season they also decided to start the finale because Daryl decided to leave the safety of the town walls and run straight into Savior territory because.. uh.. they got stuck with how to get Daryl outside the walls, I guess, and made him go temporarily insane?

ED: Oh yeah Rosita in the church bitching about how she could have killed Negan if she kept a gun.. well she blew her loving chance, and blew it hard, so maybe she should shut the gently caress up about how good a job she did and stop pushing her luck?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Boinks posted:

Citizen Z's transformation from WTF this is lame? to WTF I care about this character? is one of the great parts of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-19xOB6tRo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlp8s0InF8w

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 10, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
See new episode. Expect many poo poo posts.

Need twice number poo poo posts.

Give CGI Deer, take 1 hour of life.

Rating mean ruin time for less, need ruin time more.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

It's kind of too bad Tara's a gay character, otherwise she and Eugene would make infinitely more sense than where they're probably actually going with it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

John F Bennett posted:

Then why do they need guns? Maybe they are testing us.

You know it'd be really funny if they finally get into the fight and their whole empire just suuuuucks at fighting.

"They have big pow pow, our blam blams aren't enough, we need to go go to the away far!"

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

As far as showing communities that are different from all the other communities we've seen, I don't want to see any arbitrary themes (like the women-only village or the trash heap people) so much as people reacting to unique and varied living locations, like fortifying around the extensive cave systems in the Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia area, but the problem with that is that they don't even have the resources for showing their own setting in the wintertime.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know it'd be really funny if they finally get into the fight and their whole empire just suuuuucks at fighting.

"They have big pow pow, our blam blams aren't enough, we need to go go to the away far!"

"they screwed with the wrong up up UP"

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It time kick many behind and eat chew-chew

no have chew-chew

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
they pulled a Lucas and wrote this epic series of civilizations and then blew all the budget on CGI deer, so the civilization who actually helps the rebels defeat the evil empire are ewoks instead of wookies and they live in a CGI junkyard because logistics

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The garbage people seem like something out of a very post-apocalyptic setting, its hard imagine those people sitting in a cubicle 3 years prior.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ask self one know-know

thinking have good outcome? Well? Think do?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
In a shocking twist, the Trash People are going to betray Rick, really selling how much of a complete and idiotic waste of time it was allying with them.

Space Crabs posted:

Ask self one know-know

thinking have good outcome? Well? Think do?

The Trash People are from Philadelphia and based their culture around the writings of Charlie Kelly.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 10, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

The Trash People are from Philadelphia and based their culture around the writings of Charlie Kelly.

Alternatively

Bonus:

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 10, 2017

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Carl made a pass at Negan when his father was being a pussy and insisting they couldn't fight. The show cut off his balls so he didn't take the shot, but yeah. That's why I'm not too mad at Carl, if not for Plot Armor he'd been successful.

ED: Oh yeah Rosita in the church bitching about how she could have killed Negan if she kept a gun.. well she blew her loving chance, and blew it hard, so maybe she should shut the gently caress up about how good a job she did and stop pushing her luck?

I guess I don't see how these things are different! Carl's thing seemed so incredibly stupid in comparison to Rosita's one.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Coral is a god drat genius

You go there and die killing Neegan without informing your people at all, thus ensuring that the saviours retaliate against your people and wipe them all out

hail satan

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

Coral is a god drat genius

You go there and die killing Neegan without informing your people at all, thus ensuring that the saviours retaliate against your people and wipe them all out

hail satan

white privilege.txt

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Taear posted:

I guess I don't see how these things are different! Carl's thing seemed so incredibly stupid in comparison to Rosita's one.

Carls thing was stupid for different reasons than Rositas. One of them went off on their own to do a thing that nobody wanted to do. The other one went off to look for weapons that their group of idiotic but somehow capable band of zombie killers are already out looking for, because she wanted those weapons NOW. Nobody wanted to kill Neegan when Carl went to go do it, but everybody is on board with it and have a plan. Rosita just needed to chill the duck out.

She wants to be useful? She could have mcguyvered some IEDs together from toothpicks and bleach or whatever since she's apparently some kind of demolition expert. She could have trained or sparred with people to teach them better combat skills. She could have _____.

But she decided to go risk her life to find guns to kill someone even though they already have a plan for them to find guns to kill the same person with. If rick and michonne got found by saviors scavenging for guns they could at least say they're out on a run to get them good food. Rosita by herself is just going to draw extra attention if she were found.

e: I watched the groundhog episode I wish I would have read the post that said to skip it because holy gently caress that was stupid. I also hated the "Fly" episode in Breaking Bad though.

Is there a Z Nation thread? I don't wanna keep making GBS threads this already lovely thread up but I have so many questions. Like why the duck don't they just make Murphy do everything since the zombies don't attack him. Like seriously why do they have the humans opening doors and charging head first into buildings and such if they've got a guy that can just walk past everything? Have him assassinate everything or have him draw them away. Or have him scout decrepit warehouses for fucks sake. It's like the loving zombie guts in this show all over again.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 10, 2017

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a Z Nation thread? I don't wanna keep making GBS threads this already lovely thread up but I have so many questions. Like why the duck don't they just make Murphy do everything since the zombies don't attack him. Like seriously why do they have the humans opening doors and charging head first into buildings and such if they've got a guy that can just walk past everything? Have him assassinate everything or have him draw them away. Or have him scout decrepit warehouses for fucks sake. It's like the loving zombie guts in this show all over again.

There is a ZN thread, but its a bit buried down the pages since there won't be another season till fall, but to answer your other question: Murphy is a coward and an rear end in a top hat and generally hates everyone around him since they are essentially treating him like a successful experiment instead of sympathizing with him about the horrible poo poo that had to happen to him to get him to become what he is. His attitude doesn't help but he also doesn't really give a poo poo about humanity because of what they did to him. Him refusing to do what they ask or what they need is completely in character. Also, they don't want to risk anything killing or even harming him; they are expendable, he is not, and they both know this. Honestly, Murphy is one of the best characters in zombie fiction (not a high regard, really, to be honest) and I love what they keep doing with him later on.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

ApeHawk posted:

Murphy stuff

Fun bit of trivia:
Keith Allan (Murphy) was working for The Asylum production company as a stage hand when they were tasked with Z Nation. They suggested he audition for the role of Murphy and he ended up getting the part.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

ApeHawk posted:

There is a ZN thread, but its a bit buried down the pages since there won't be another season till fall, but to answer your other question: Murphy is a coward and an rear end in a top hat and generally hates everyone around him since they are essentially treating him like a successful experiment instead of sympathizing with him about the horrible poo poo that had to happen to him to get him to become what he is. His attitude doesn't help but he also doesn't really give a poo poo about humanity because of what they did to him. Him refusing to do what they ask or what they need is completely in character. Also, they don't want to risk anything killing or even harming him; they are expendable, he is not, and they both know this. Honestly, Murphy is one of the best characters in zombie fiction (not a high regard, really, to be honest) and I love what they keep doing with him later on.

I'm not a Z Nation watcher but the selfish coward role sounds like the best way to keep things interesting while having an immune person. If the immune person were a well-protected villain, it wouldn't come into play, and if they were a hero, it'd be unmistakable from plot armor.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When comparing Carl's actions to Rosita, remember that Carl is supposed to be, like, 12 years old.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol loving reddit

quote:

Hello, new to reddit, but i have a question so here goes
Se1ep1 we saw a couple of helicopters about. Would rick not, through the rest of the series, be asking everyone he comes across if they are a pilot, to fly them to a safe place? I don't know where but they'd have a better vantage point to see from - in a helicopter. Would have been one of my ideas for survival.
Also, same episode, do we ever learn who is flying the helicopter in atlanta that causes rick to ride into his first real "horde"

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

melon cat posted:

Did anyone else :lol: hard at this part?

And then came the poorly-CGI'ed world's dumbest deer. Best episode this season, or best episode ever?

I lolled the moment they stepped onto chekov's roof. Clearly roofs need replacement every year or so in the zombie walker apocalypse.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

melon cat posted:

Did anyone else :lol: hard at this part?

And then came the poorly-CGI'ed world's dumbest deer. Best episode this season, or best episode ever?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Fog Tripper posted:

I lolled the moment they stepped onto chekov's roof. Clearly roofs need replacement every year or so in the zombie walker apocalypse.
Yeah I would've laughed if it had not been so painfully obvious. You'd think that Rick and his people would be used to falling through roofs by now, and be a little more careful because that'd a great way to irreparably gently caress yourself up.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

coyo7e posted:

Yeah I would've laughed if it had not been so painfully obvious. You'd think that Rick and his people would be used to falling through roofs by now, and be a little more careful because that'd a great way to irreparably gently caress yourself up.

From the way they gingerly stepped on it at first, it was very clear that Michonne and Rick had doubts about the roof too.

They are so dumb. Everyone in this show is just the dumbest motherfucker alive

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Guy Goodbody posted:

From the way they gingerly stepped on it at first, it was very clear that Michonne and Rick had doubts about the roof too.

They are so dumb. Everyone in this show is just the dumbest motherfucker alive

As are we all for watching it every week.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Was Steven Ogg in the episode with Eugene at all? I can't remember seeing him. It's a shame if not - he kind of makes the Negan stuff worth watching.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Fog Tripper posted:

As are we all for watching it every week.

Maybe... we are the walking d-arglebarglebargle.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Stickarts posted:

Maybe... we are the walking d-arglebarglebargle.

Watching Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I don't watch. I check in on thread to see which of these pieces of poo poo are dead.