Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
https://twitter.com/ThatGuyTagg/status/839727132557393920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Tagg

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I found a giant stone door in the north-east of the map at the bottom of a mountain. None of my abilities work on it, it's unmarked on the map and I don't think theres a shrine behind it. wtf do I do with it

Ya try opening it, smart guy??

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

definitely trying that when i get home

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so the (kakariko village) stealth set is really essential lol. it helps a ton with gathering bugs and lizzies, and hunting.

the full set gives you some serious camo and you have to be in a monsters face for it to aggro its kind of broken tbh

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im in late dangerous zones and im still finding new poo poo the koroks do and new enemy types..this game is incredible.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

so the (kakariko village) stealth set is really essential lol. it helps a ton with gathering bugs and lizzies, and hunting.

the full set gives you some serious camo and you have to be in a monsters face for it to aggro its kind of broken tbh

Just wait until you upgrade the full set twice

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Just wait until you upgrade the full set twice

yeah i know ;)

also the NPCs are the best part of this game lol. i just had an encounter that made me laugh until my stomach hurt god i love it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

yeah i know ;)

also the NPCs are the best part of this game lol. i just had an encounter that made me laugh until my stomach hurt god i love it

re: NPCs (early game spoiler) the ninjas disguised as NPCS are so great, and i love that they give you a nice little cash boost

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I love all the random other adventurers wandering around looking for cool poo poo too

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I love all the random other adventurers wandering around looking for cool poo poo too

yeah, that's loving awesome.

also i'm not sure how the game does it, but it seems like the NPCs who give pointers to things like new quests and memory locations are always exactly where i need them to be. it's either a really clever programming trick, or godlike game design.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the last piece of the climbing gear still eludes me. trying to do all the stuff i can in the hateno area but I still haven't found it. I still haven't found this cursed statue that's mentioned in the riddle for this shrine quest and I have a feeling it's there

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are a billion amiibo-only armorsets lol they really went a little nuts

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

This more than makes up for not being able to pet dogs.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

does blood moon respawn guardians?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mabels big day posted:

probably

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Yes

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the blood moon respawning those big rock golems is pretty sweet

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://gfycat.com/BestFrequentHyracotherium

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

it resets everything. on the bright side yeah, the golems respawn and a lot of chests get refilled

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is amazing lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

hell yes

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lol good poo poo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

oh gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i went to hyrule castle just to see how nasty it would be for where i'm at in the game..turns out im pretty prepared but i love that there's no barrier or anything, no big key thing you need to do to go in there. you can waltz there and try to hit the guardians with sticks if you want

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

so thats how speedrunners are gonna beat ganon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

omg

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

extremebuff posted:

you can waltz there and try to hit the guardians with sticks if you want

I did this and it was terrifying but awesome. Killed a miniboss, got some incredible weapons for that early and then got the hell out.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are some weapon spoilers in there if you're early in the game but its a great vid lmao i didnt know half this poo poo was possible

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
How lovely iss the Wii U version

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

bump_fn posted:

How lovely iss the Wii U version

It's not

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a balloon on a bomb is such a good idea, god drat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i did a bunch of cool poo poo today, but the coolest was totally dismantling a camp of lizard-men all wielding shock arrows

also, i found the highest damage weapon i've seen yet a king's claymore, with 56 attack. getting it was pretty hard, because obviously the lizard holding it hit like a truck

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah, on eventide island i took down the hinako in the cheapest way possible. i stood up on the cliff above him, aggroed him, and then threw volley after volley of bombs at him. it took like 5 minutes of continuous bombing, but then he died.

apparently if you switch back and forth between round and square bombs there's no timer. that feels like a bug, but idk.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is what I look like in real life, except a little less tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sector_corrector posted:

oh yeah, on eventide island i took down the hinako in the cheapest way possible. i stood up on the cliff above him, aggroed him, and then threw volley after volley of bombs at him. it took like 5 minutes of continuous bombing, but then he died.

apparently if you switch back and forth between round and square bombs there's no timer. that feels like a bug, but idk.

it's because they're two different kind of bombs, ya silly!

• Locked thread