Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

joe football posted:

I'm in 2027 and the KNVB decided to stop scheduling the dutch cup. Is there any way to fix this or is the save just hosed?

There was a Dutch Cup fix in the last patch, send in a bug report so Miles can call you a pirate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Is there really any reason whatsoever to get FM17 if I already have FM16?

Like, I know the difference between annual releases for these games is generally pretty small, but maybe something got shaken up this year idk.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Drone posted:

Is there really any reason whatsoever to get FM17 if I already have FM16?

Like, I know the difference between annual releases for these games is generally pretty small, but maybe something got shaken up this year idk.

They sort of nerfed the overpowered crossing.

If you're into that kind of thing, there's more analysis stuff.

Social media (even though it's as God awful as media interactions).

Runs faster now that the executable is 64 bit.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

We did it, Gateshead has been promoted to League Two. The club is £400,000 in debt but they gave me a £10k wage budget boost/£500,000 transfer budget. :stare:

I'm gonna go ham when the English club contracts expire

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Doing a lower league thing right now. How utterly difficult is it for a Semi-Professional team to go Professional in England? Can I hope to go Professional after promotion to Vanarama National or will I have to wait until League 2?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Drone posted:

Doing a lower league thing right now. How utterly difficult is it for a Semi-Professional team to go Professional in England? Can I hope to go Professional after promotion to Vanarama National or will I have to wait until League 2?

If you get lucky and get a FA Cup run you can sometimes have enough money to go pro in National. If not than usually when you get to league 2.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Being fully professional is a requirement of Football League membership and your chairman will turn you pro if you're not already and win promotion to League Two. If your stadium doesn't meet requirements (4000 capacity and not falling apart) he'll find a stadium to share while yours gets upgraded/replaced.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Ummmm Barca asked me for an interview after getting promoted to the Championship...

wtf

Is there anyway to actually get that job?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Waroduce posted:

Ummmm Barca asked me for an interview after getting promoted to the Championship...

wtf

Maybe its a bug or something but if they asked for an interview then chances are you're in the running at least... what's your rep level?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Waroduce posted:

wtf

Barca won't even put me in the potential candidates pile when I applied despite me winning the league 6 times with Newcastle, every cup going, and the Champions league so I have no idea how this happened.

I'm at Juventus atm and the non EU player thing is loving me over. I'm sure it's bugged, it's not letting me register certain players even when I have slots available and even when the new season starts. Don't know if I'm completely misunderstanding the rule

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

eleven extra elephants posted:

I'm at Juventus atm and the non EU player thing is loving me over. I'm sure it's bugged, it's not letting me register certain players even when I have slots available and even when the new season starts. Don't know if I'm completely misunderstanding the rule

It's cheating, but if you get the editor you can add nationalities to players. I did it after a hard Brexit in my last game. I understand signing young players was always going to be tough, but the way the game read it, I couldn't even sign the likes of Pique or Suarez when they were getting old as they hadn't played any recent internationals.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

eleven extra elephants posted:

Barca won't even put me in the potential candidates pile when I applied despite me winning the league 6 times with Newcastle, every cup going, and the Champions league so I have no idea how this happened.

my rep is 2.5 stars and I have a 43-11-10 lifetime record.

so lol IDK. They invited me in. I tried save scumming a few times to see if I could actually get it but never did :(

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I love the social media feed making GBS threads on me for signing people to 0 wage amateur contracts its hilarious. WHAT A TRASH SIGNING

How could someone hate such a beautiful boy

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Strong forehead on that one

Heading 20

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I'm trying to figure out how this 22-year-old DC is 6'2, 141lbs with 16 strength

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Tendons of steel.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He's actually real good and I like him a lot.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Aaag I'm getting murdered in League Two, when did the jump between there and the Conference get so big

My board threw money at me and I replaced my garbagemen with League Two-caliber players but I'm 20th in November :(

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Seems normal. I don't see the problem

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Maybe I should cheat and use FM Scout to go up to the EPL in five years like the top LLM managers

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Luigi Thirty posted:

Maybe I should cheat and use FM Scout to go up to the EPL in five years like the top LLM managers

I'm LLM'ing with a Vanarama North team and can't seem to break above 12th, despite my first team being all 3-5 star players that I stocked up on non-contract agreements, and having my tactics adjusted to best take advantage of their strengths and avoid their weaknesses. :(

its me i'm the bad football.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

My squad is mostly EPL youth academy rejects that I picked up on free transfers after the first season ended plus a League One-quality French DM that one of my scouts told me about. I'm 24th in League Two at Christmas but at least they're gaining CA!

I don't go by the star ratings because all rear end men are clueless, I go by attributes and match ratings. My team should be doing better but I just can't seem to produce any goals despite having the best attacking talent I can afford. I think it's my tactics, mate.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I'm having good luck with TFF Aggressor (Defensive). Playing as Basingstoke, promoted to Conference National so far. Won the south with a motley crew of rejects on frees.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Luigi Thirty posted:

Aaag I'm getting murdered in League Two, when did the jump between there and the Conference get so big

My board threw money at me and I replaced my garbagemen with League Two-caliber players but I'm 20th in November :(
That's because having an entirely new XI (or even just a lot of new players) in a team means you've had very little time for the squad to gel together which means as an overall unit they perform much worse and are all individually learning your tactics alongside the rhythm of playing together. Chances are in the back end of the season you'll see a run of improved form and maybe survive the drop if your good enough.

FM models the "new division challenge" well enough in that freshly promoted teams don't just boss the next division unless they're bringing in talent a worlds above the rest, instead they have to survive the drop solidify and then get on with it.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Drone posted:

I'm LLM'ing with a Vanarama North team and can't seem to break above 12th, despite my first team being all 3-5 star players that I stocked up on non-contract agreements, and having my tactics adjusted to best take advantage of their strengths and avoid their weaknesses. :(

its me i'm the bad football.

This is the most authentic llm experience. You haven't truly LLM'ed until you have done this.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Authentic LLM:
- 4 seasons into the game you finally have a balanced team
- after 10 matches you're hovering around the promotion spots
- a player that's not even great gets injured, but for some reason the rest of the team can't play without him
- halfway through the season you're back in the mid-table zone
- beat the top four clubs comfortably, lose to the bottom four
- squeeze into the playoff places with three matches to go
- players become bad again, but you manage to draw two and win the last match to secure the last playoff spot
- get beaten in the first playoff match by two goals despite having played better than the opponent in every way imaginable
- spend the summer watching your team decompose as your players leave and your chairman cuts the wage budget
- find some ok players to join your club on free transfers or loans
- chairman expects promotion
- five games into the new season you only have one win
- board ultimatum
- survive until end of season from the sack, but barely
- finish top half without challenging for promotion
- chairman increases budget and only expects mid-table finish
- spend three years rebuilding a squad
- start again from the top

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Yeah pretty much. Can't beat 23rd place Coventry, beat 1st place Luton 2-1 and 13th place Lincoln 4-2. I'm climbing out of the gutter!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
ive made the prem 5 years in and they gave me a 33 mil transfer budget. what are some solid signings?

I run a 4-2-3-1

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Honestly just filter by transfer listed and sort by wages, you'll pick up some dead set bargains that way. What positions are you looking to fill?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Bogan Krkic posted:

Honestly just filter by transfer listed and sort by wages, you'll pick up some dead set bargains that way. What positions are you looking to fill?

In order probably a CB, Left Fullback, an AP(A) and a backup AF(A)

e: I'm think of starting again all over in League 1 or 2....what are some cool/historical clubs I could try to bring up? I've always done Millwall because historically everyone seems to hate them and their assholes. I always choose to be an rear end in a top hat in press conferences with them.

I guess the Morecamber FC challenge is always available

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 18, 2017

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Luton Town FC fits that historically high level club that is now in the lower leagues that you are looking for

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Waroduce posted:

e: I'm think of starting again all over in League 1 or 2....what are some cool/historical clubs I could try to bring up? I've always done Millwall because historically everyone seems to hate them and their assholes. I always choose to be an rear end in a top hat in press conferences with them.

MK Dons

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have been playing FM games since like 2011 and I loving can not figure this one out. I have restarted three different careers now playing teams that were probably among the favorites to get promoted and in each case I win the first few games then my team goes full on tailspin and loses like 10 games in a row and I have zero idea why.

I'm tempted to just google whatever the broken tactic is or just play as Celtic or something because I don't know what to do. I've played with target men, inside forwards, wingers, 4 back, 5 back, and nothing seems to work for me.

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 21, 2017

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

What the hell, it's 2019 and I was never offered a chance to pick my expectations for the new season. I also never got a new transfer budget. We've got £300k in the bank, so it's not like we're bankrupt or anything, but they also won't give me a higher budget in Board Requests either.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I have been playing FM games since like 2011 and I loving can not figure this one out. I have restarted three different careers now playing teams that were probably among the favorites to get promoted and in each case I win the first few games then my team goes full on tailspin and loses like 10 games in a row and I have zero idea why.

I'm tempted to just google whatever the broken tactic is or just play as Celtic or something because I don't know what to do. I've played with target men, inside forwards, wingers, 4 back, 5 back, and nothing seems to work for me.

Hello Alan Pardew

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Waroduce posted:

In order probably a CB, Left Fullback, an AP(A) and a backup AF(A)

You might still be able to pick up Eder Alvarez Balanta for CB, otherwise Sokratis from Dortmund normally gets transfer listed after a few seasons and is still pretty decent. At LB Alex Gersbach develops pretty decently into a prem level player, or Zeca is a Brazillian who can play either side at full back. Everton at Gremio or Tomas Galvan at River Plate are both good young (and cheap) AP/AFs, and they'll both do a good job in either position, although if you can get John Guidetti as a striker I'd recommend it, he's the best striker I've signed in the game for quite a while and counts as homegrown.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Nothing's better than signing some 19 year old scrub in season 1, carefully developing him and watching his potential go from "leading National League striker" to "potential League One striker" over the course of 3 seasons

He's scored 4 goals in 4 games so far in League Two :3:

I didn't know you could gain 3 points of Natural Fitness in a year!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

I didn't know you could gain 3 points of Natural Fitness in a year!
Try managing in Spain, lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

St Evan Echoes posted:

Try managing in Spain, lol

I'm in League Two we can barely afford magic spray here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I finished a coaching course and got a Continental C license. What did that actually do? I thought it would give me more points to put into coaching stats.