Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sage Grimm posted:

It's not overrated but rather oversaturated.

Agreed.

I really like Frozen, and Anna is one of my favorite Disney characters. She's very well-rounded in her strengths and flaws. Let It Go is an amazing song to the point that it elevates the entire film.

But holy poo poo did Disney and the world go full retard with the hype. There was a solid year, maybe year and a half, where I saw/heard/noticed Frozen everywhere. Now I still see it from time to time, but it's not nearly as ubiquitous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I haven't seen Fury Road because A) I'm not keen on action movies and then B) The hype. If I'm disinterested in something in the first place, obsessing over it and pestering me to watch it is sure to make me actively dislike it. I love my friends, but leave it alone, guys. :(

Still in the "Zoo was fine, but calm down." camp.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Macaluso posted:

I never got around to seeing Mad Max: Fury Road, and I still haven't seen it. I have it just sitting around here waiting to be watched. But I'm super apprehensive about watching it at this point because I haven't seen a movie hyped up like that in a long time.

Fury Road is an almost perfect visual cinematic experience of an action movie. The story wasn't spectacular or anything, but god drat what a visual treat. Watching it is almost exhausting what with all the energy it channels.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I like Frozen more for the insane merchandise machine it's become. There's something amusing about Disney being completely caught off guard in producing a smash hit for little girls, and the fact that nothing can seem to dislodge it, I want to see just how far it'll go before the general public gets as sick of it as we have. This is admittedly a little personal, since I used to work for a company that did market research for children't entertainment, and it was never not hilarious to watch a video interview of a dad recounting how Frozen has slowly taken over his life.

The film itself is alright, it's good, but if it wasn't for the way it went huge, I'd probably just remember it as a follow-up to Tangled instead of being its own movie.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Precambrian posted:

I want to see just how far it'll go before the general public gets as sick of it as we have

Sassy Tweety Bird was only dislodged 70 years later by the rise of the Minions

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
illumination delenda est

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I want to see Frozen 2 be gay and all the resulting fallout from that, but with Trump as president Disney probably wouldn't take that risk.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
In Frozen 2, Elsa marries a man and he becomes King and she just sits around looking pretty.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If not marrying off Elsa, the only thing I can imagine Frozen 2 doing is explaining Elsa's ice powers. I can't see them making Elsa fight [other elemental] because it discards Anna as the matter would be totally out of her league. Elsa's a drat god. She creates life.

Either way, adjusting my glasses skeptically.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Das Boo posted:

If not marrying off Elsa, the only thing I can imagine Frozen 2 doing is explaining Elsa's ice powers. I can't see them making Elsa fight [other elemental] because it discards Anna as the matter would be totally out of her league. Elsa's a drat god. She creates life.

Either way, adjusting my glasses skeptically.

I hope Frozen 2 brings in the other three kinds of bending

I really hope they leave out the trolls this time too.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Every time I put on my Disney playlist on shuffle, the Frozen stuff sticks out like a sore thumb because it's just so twee and poppy compared to the more sweeping musical style of most of the other films. I really think it's Disney's worst musical

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Every disney musical is disney's worst musical.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
That's a dumb statement. There are many excellent ones with songs written by exceedingly talented people. Then there is Frozen with its songs about eating each other's sandwiches

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I dont know poo poo about Prussia but they should straight up deal with vikings, or ice trolls or both

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Has anyone got the Moana bluray yet? What are the special features like? :)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Hedrigall posted:

That's a dumb statement. There are many excellent ones with songs written by exceedingly talented people. Then there is Frozen with its songs about eating each other's sandwiches

Moana is half full of "dialogue as a song" dude

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Would you watch it if it was called Mad Yaks: Furry Road?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

As in a road made out of skinned fursonas, or...?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

That is how good musicals work, my man

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Klungar posted:

Would you watch it if it was called Mad Yaks: Furry Road?

:yeah:

starkebn posted:

Aaaaaand?

It's all full of good songs that explore and reveal more about the characters

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

As in a road made out of skinned fursonas, or...?
I mean, Fury Road wasn't literally made of fury in Mad Max, there just was a lot of fury on it, so presumably there'd just be a lot of furries on Furry Road.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Shadow Hog posted:

I mean, Fury Road wasn't literally made of fury in Mad Max, there just was a lot of fury on it, so presumably there'd just be a lot of furries on Furry Road.

I mean, it was made of sound and fury. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xllG3fSUAOw

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Hedrigall posted:

:yeah:

Aaaaaand?

It's all full of good songs that explore and reveal more about the characters

I like Moana, but you're levelling an accusation at Frozen that it should be more than that.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Saw Angry Birds and the first half hour or so of Moana this weekend (little sister got ill and couldn't make it through the rest so we had to leave).

Angry Birds is a surprisingly well-animated film. Like, there is a lot of good cartoony animation in it. More than a property like Angry Birds really deserves. But man, that piss joke. I can forgive that the whole anti-immigration subtext was probably never even considered and they just needed some way to set up the conflict while having Red be a hero with a redemption arc. But that piss joke was inexcusable.

Means seems nice enough but what I've seen of it wasn't mind-blowing. I get the feeling from what I've seen that Moana herself is a great character that doesn't so much have an arc as she does a quest.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

dirksteadfast posted:

I can forgive that the whole anti-immigration subtext was probably never even considered

I bet a billion dollars it wasn't, because it's a movie that doesn't exist as its own thing, based on the game where the pigs are 100% the villain, and everyone knows it, the pigs are bad and shouldn't be trusted.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My director wants my team at work doing Myers Brigg tests, so I have everyone doing a "What Disney villain are you?" one :getin:

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewfaS5iti-c

New short from the Moana blu-ray release, though it kinda plays more like a deleted scene from the movie

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
in frozen 2 elsa carves a beautiful ice statue, brings it to life, marries her glacial galatea and rules as king

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation/status/839996489510207489

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Please have the final boss be donald trump's twitter feed

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Ruh roh, won't the millions of internet in-jokes totally date the movie in 5-10 years? (Probably not as bad as the Emoji movie though)

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Ruh roh, won't the millions of internet in-jokes totally date the movie in 5-10 years? (Probably not as bad as the Emoji movie though)

I hope Emojis aren't even used by the time the movie releases.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So I wonder if they're actually going to use those skewed brand names.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm listening to the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack previews on iTunes (although I think I saw the full tracks up on Disney's Vevo YouTube page in the last few hours) - does Emma Watson sound autotuned to anyone else?

Anyway my bf said he'd get the CD for me on the way home from work :3:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

Most definitely. But that didn't stop Trom from becoming a classic.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Oh loving hell Ewan McGregor sounds atrocious. Couldn't they have cast an actual French actor for Lumiere? Marion Cotillard would have been great.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Hedrigall posted:

Couldn't they have cast an actual French actor for Lumiere?

But then it would no longer be true to the animated version.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
gügle

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the movie is about the love interest guy i forget his name, the blond one. anyway he falls in love with elsa's ice spouse and during a midnight romp wherein he disguises himself as elsa to seduce the giant snowman, his rear end gets stuck on the snow king's magnificent serac. the climax of the film is they have to un-pin him before he freezes to death without snapping off the organ and removing all chances at creating a royal heir because elsa's lost her ice powers for some reason and can't make the ice spouse new equipment if theirs is lost due to misadventure. and as we know sperm is created in the testicles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
henceforth referred to as glacial milk