Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Stan Taylor posted:

Is Dan Ryckert literate?

Enough for him to understand the rules of Taco Bell's Love and Tacos contest.

https://www.tacobell.com/loveandtacos/163686

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Just wanna say that Kass owns and so does his accordion music.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Mahoning posted:

Just wanna say that Kass owns and so does his accordion music.

New page, new link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAq0Nw1xHHU

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

This dude at my work is some kind of weird alien and the only game he bought for his switch is I am Setsuna. He told me Zelda takes up too much storage space when I asked him about it.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
I really fundamentally love this console. But jesus loving christ, Nintendo:

1. L Joy-Con issues
2. Docks scratching the screens.
3. The poo poo design of the Joy-Con straps
4. And my own personal problem, the left side of the Joy-Con grip becoming loose
5. No Gorilla Glass or anything for the screens.

They need to address and fix this poo poo. Besides the 360, I can't remember a console with so many fundamentally annoying, lovely design flaws.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

pliable posted:

1. L Joy-Con issues
4. And my own personal problem, the left side of the Joy-Con grip becoming loose

They need to address and fix this poo poo. Besides the 360, I can't remember a console with so many fundamentally annoying, lovely design flaws.

I have literally none of these issues, thanks Reggie.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I have literally none of these issues, thanks Ghost Iwata.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

dont put your wrist straps in backwards if u want your joycons to not 'suddenly become loose'

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Enough for him to understand the rules of Taco Bell's Love and Tacos contest.

https://www.tacobell.com/loveandtacos/163686

:allears:

Tell me he won

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

To be fair it's stupid easy to do that. Actually I did let me test how much I hosed them up, cause I think my 2nd pair of joycons is on the switch not the initial ones I oopsied.

Nah all 4 cons are good. Idk I guess I knew I hosed up and took my time undoing it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Infinitum posted:

:allears:

Tell me he won

One would hope.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

To be fair it's stupid easy to do that. Actually I did let me test how much I hosed them up, cause I think my 2nd pair of joycons is on the switch not the initial ones I oopsied.

Nah all 4 cons are good. Idk I guess I knew I hosed up and took my time undoing it.

ya i did it too, i already exchanged that set for new ones

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dog Hausu posted:

This dude at my work is some kind of weird alien and the only game he bought for his switch is I am Setsuna. He told me Zelda takes up too much storage space when I asked him about it.

Yes the game you can absolutely buy physically or at the least put on an inexpensive mini-SD card takes up too much space

People are cool

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Guys I want a Nintendo Switch. What is my best chance of getting one? Showing up at a target some random morning?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
B & E

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Downloading the Puyo Puyo demo from the Japanese eShop.

Region free rocks :toot:

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

pliable posted:

1. L Joy-Con issues

The Coleco Chameleon and its predecessor.... well, I guess they would have to have designs to have flaws...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dog Hausu posted:

Weird. It seems to fit in the cartridge slot percectly for me. :v:

A friend of mine got Metal Slug 3. He says there's some input lag and he's been playing in handheld mode. I haven't seen it in person yet to confirm, but I trust his Metal Slug opinions.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Louisgod posted:

Yes the game you can absolutely buy physically or at the least put on an inexpensive mini-SD card takes up too much space

People are cool

And save 20% on Amazon Prime for physical copy for another week.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Detective No. 27 posted:

Weird. It seems to fit in the cartridge slot percectly for me. :v:

A friend of mine got Metal Slug 3. He says there's some input lag and he's been playing in handheld mode. I haven't seen it in person yet to confirm, but I trust his Metal Slug opinions.

Hamster (people who are porting the Neogeo games) are aware of it.

absolutely anything posted:

I haven't grabbed any of them yet but Hamster put out a tweet saying they're aware of the delay and visual issues and are working on a fix. https://twitter.com/HAMSTER_Corp/status/839368603434561536

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Louisgod posted:

People are cool

Mini SD doesn't fit in the Switch :downs:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Blaster Master Zero is a couple bucks cheaper on the Mexican eShop if you don't mind creating another regional account and your bank doesn't take out a foreign transaction fee.

Shovel Knight was half price on the same shop a few days ago but that was corrected.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

CubsWoo posted:

Blaster Master Zero is a couple bucks cheaper on the Mexican eShop if you don't mind creating another regional account and your bank doesn't take out a foreign transaction fee.

Shovel Knight was half price on the same shop a few days ago but that was corrected.

Hell yeah. Already made an account for shovel

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 10, 2017

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

pliable posted:

1. L Joy-Con issues

i don't think there are any members of nintendo support reading this dude

you should ring them up, they're really nice

the only thing we can do is laugh at you for being bad at switch

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I hope Kass doesn't mind the fact that I take a picture of him every time

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Lol but no really, if you live in a reasonably populated city, I'd just wait it out a few weeks for the hype to die down. Scalpers went crazy with anything Switch-related.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

robot roll call posted:

They need themes like the 3DS has. I'd buy the Dreamcast theme for the Switch!

Pretty sure there are going to be themes, it's pretty easy money and there is already a menu.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Pretty sure there are going to be themes, it's pretty easy money and there is already a menu.

3ds had themes right? I never bought any but nintendo knows its free money. And they left plenty of blank space on the home page.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bombadilillo posted:

3ds had themes right? I never bought any but nintendo knows its free money. And they left plenty of blank space on the home page.

Yeah, and third parties had themes so we got stuff like this (sadly only instrumental).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a8dZhcsXEY

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Yeah, 3DS has a ton of themes. Speaking of themes, where the hell's Arcade Bunny at? Too lazy to redo over a thousand badges in HD?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHoHsy0c300

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Za_VxcVFo

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yo just checking in to day that Voez is really cool mechanically and even on Easy it does some really cool stuff with lanes and notes. Worth the 25bux if you like rhythm games and don't run screaming when lyrics that aren't English happen.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'll be really hype for this in 2018 after they announce a Switch version of this at TGS and it comes out in Christmas and we have to wait until Spring to get an English version.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Artix posted:

Yo just checking in to day that Voez is really cool mechanically and even on Easy it does some really cool stuff with lanes and notes. Worth the 25bux if you like rhythm games and don't run screaming when lyrics that aren't English happen.

I also got Voez (it's pronounced Voice btw) and it's really good. I never played the mobile version but I have a smattering of rhythm game experience so I was able to jump in and start getting A's and B's on Hard difficulty pretty much right off the bat. Very fun especially with good headphones

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

anyone take the plunge and buy one of SNK's games on the Switch? if so, is there any netplay on them?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

pissdude posted:

I also got Voez (it's pronounced Voice btw)

You can't stop me saying Vo-ez :colbert:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what's the next game on the horizon.

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
New thread rule: first post on every page must contain that gif of Miyamoto giving switch owners the finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kurtofan posted:

what's the next game on the horizon.

Next big game is Mario Kart 8 deluxe, late next month. Binding of Isaac next Friday, and a Splatoon 2 beta weekend after that. Puyo Puyo Tetris sometime in April.

• Locked thread