Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Help us Randian Supermen, you're our only hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

The ABC posted:

High-profile WA One Nation candidate Margaret Dodd has quit the party less than 24 hours before polls open for the state election.

Ms Dodd spoke out against Pauline Hanson's preference deal with the WA Liberal Party and yesterday labelled Ms Hanson a "Liberal puppet".

Ms Dodd's daughter Hayley was murdered in 1999 and she was running to push for "no body, no parole" laws which Labor supported.

In a statement, Ms Dodd said it was impossible to continue to run due to the "lack of integrity, honesty and transparency of the party".

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Oh of course the WA poll is tomorrow. Better stack up on popcorn

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I, too, killed Bill Leak personally with my internet posting. Now let's all be mean online to Pauline Hanson

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

well what does that mean

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/BevanShields/status/840061228173082626

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

rats. sinking ship. etc

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

good. you should be worried.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

adamantium|wang posted:

jesus christ the amount of milquetoast liberal tut-tutting about expressing anything that's not reverential awe about bill loving leak is really pissing me off

Don't think there's any point continuing to attack him now he's dead, but I think the fact that he was apparently very charming and friendly in person means that Australian media types have had their judgement clouded as to just how repugnant his later work was.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I like his bright red face, the other disinterested mother looking away and the seemingly bewildered lady he's walking to.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Quasimango posted:

Don't think there's any point continuing to attack him now he's dead, but I think the fact that he was apparently very charming and friendly in person means that Australian media types have had their judgement clouded as to just how repugnant his later work was.

He won 9 Walkleys or some poo poo which is an award administrated by the AJA and now MEAA. His portraits were fantastic for a long time and he was a well respected political cartoonist. He went loving hard slide right after being kicked in the head, but there are plenty of examples of fairly nasty cartoons prior to 2008. His work from 1970 to 1990 wasn't offensive because it was always attacking white people of whatever political designation rather than full on edgy racism.

I'm going to check out some archival poo poo and fact check myself though because the 70-80s were a different time and he probably wasn't held to account.

e: I bought a mech keyboard and I can't type on it good yet

JBP fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 10, 2017

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Whatever you think about Leak he at least got people talking about Aboriginal people instead of ignoring them

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Have we talked about AB Original winning the music prize yet?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah it was posted along with the Australian saying they hate freedom or whatever.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Noice.

I'm bracing myself for disappointment however given the world's tendency towards fukt elections recently.Some monster swings are required to win those ten seats.Check it out: http://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/wa-election-2017/guide/calculator-lower/

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Quasimango posted:

Alternatively: all the white people in the media are actually just the most waspy rear end liberal motherfuckers= ever and don't actually give a single poo poo about minorities.

Source: everything they say and do ever

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Quasimango posted:

I'm going to invoke Godwin here and say just because Hitler died doesn't mean we should forget or forgive the horrible poo poo he did.

Oh he died? That's vaguely sad I suppose. What's also sad is that his friends & family clearly didn't speak out against all the hateful poo poo he published so I dunno, guess they supported him and can just gently caress right off.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Quasimango posted:

There is always a point to attacking racist assholes, posthumously or not.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
So this is from a friend of mine who's a Labor councillor:

quote:

Napoleon famously said: “Never interfere with your enemy when he (or she in this case) is making a mistake.” PHON is tearing itself apart in WA ATM. Protesters are just giving her oxygen as victim. #strategicallydumb

Yeah rack off grand dad protest tells people they're bad and tells other people not to follow the bad people. If we did things your way Hanson would be PM by now.

(Every time there's a protest he tuts on fb - I'm not sure what he sees in the Union movement. Maybe he just likes the barbecues?)

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

JBP posted:

He should probably make the same big, open armed promises to his employees.

gently caress me, here I was legitimately thinking Musk/Tesla were finally going to lead the way despite the best efforts of the Tories/Republicans and yet even they aren't immune to loving over the workers. :(

Lesser of two evils? Am I allowed to have some sliver of hope that one of these incomprehensively rich people will actually use that wealth/power for the greater good?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

aejix posted:

gently caress me, here I was legitimately thinking Musk/Tesla were finally going to lead the way despite the best efforts of the Tories/Republicans and yet even they aren't immune to loving over the workers. :(

Lesser of two evils? Am I allowed to have some sliver of hope that one of these incomprehensively rich people will actually use that wealth/power for the greater good?

*Hands over novice guide to capitalism*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
Who is ready for HansonTears.mp4 ?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Who is ready for HansonTears.mp4 ?

Me! Me!

I'm hoping for a landslide to wipe smug Liberal faces out.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
Mystery avatar buyer is going to be so pissed tomorrow.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Emperor colin was pretty ready to lose on the project. i almost feel sad for him

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

norp posted:

Emperor colin. i almost feel sad for him

Go to your room

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Quick Nestart question for people in the know, is jury duty a valid reason for not going to see Max (un)employment? Because I told them as soon as I was able that I couldn't make an appointment because of it but now my payments have been cut off. I can't imagine jury duty is an invalid excuse.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Tarantula posted:

Quick Nestart question for people in the know, is jury duty a valid reason for not going to see Max (un)employment? Because I told them as soon as I was able that I couldn't make an appointment because of it but now my payments have been cut off. I can't imagine jury duty is an invalid excuse.

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/3/2/11/40

quote:

Undertaking jury duty

Exemptions for jury duty can be granted for up to 13 weeks, which may be extended, but not by more than 13 weeks at a time.

Hopefully this will be easy to fix up, at least you know where you can point C'link to.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
On Lateline they said that there is a poll out tomorrow in the West Australian showing the one nation vote has dropped further.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

On Lateline they said that there is a poll out tomorrow in the West Australian showing the one nation vote has dropped further.

There was a candidate on radio who quit the party and told everyone not to vote for her.

I dont think they ran a good campaign.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Starshark posted:

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/3/2/11/40

Hopefully this will be easy to fix up, at least you know where you can point C'link to.

Thanks for that my google fu on this was sickly weak.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Tarantula posted:

Thanks for that my google fu on this was sickly weak.

I used to work for those loving bastards so I have a little experience in tracking down exemptions.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
https://twitter.com/AndrewBrownAU/status/839702632792911873

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
At least people seem to have have worked out that PHON are all idiots before they voted this time. Maybe the cribbing the Putin love and antivaxxer poo poo from the Trump playbook didn't play out as well as Pauline thought it might.

I'm not sure how the upper house numbers usually play out in WA with the regional divisions, guessing they may get one or two up there, but the RWNJ vote seems to be all over the shop.

EDIT:

@GhostWhoVotes posted:

#Newspoll WA State Primary Votes: LIB 32 (+2) NAT 5 (0) ALP 41 (+3) ON 8 (-5) GRN 7 (-2) #wavotes #auspol
OK here we go. If ALP's getting over 40% primary...

This rules.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

The Deadly Hume posted:

At least people seem to have have worked out that PHON are all idiots before they voted this time. Maybe the cribbing the Putin love and antivaxxer poo poo from the Trump playbook didn't play out as well as Pauline thought it might.

Such messaging will go over better in QLD.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

V for Vegas posted:

Portrait in Parliament House

enhance

:vince:

Shame his talents were wasted by hatred.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
WA early poll counting is in and it looks like pre-polling already has enough votes in for this to be your new premier. Suck it WA.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Link?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Here you go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Locked thread