Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I been thinking of replaying bloodborne again. Idk what weapon I should try tho

change after every boss. and you have to use a weapon u havent used on the boss b4. you have to fight all of the bosses and you cant buy extra chunks or purposefully grind them, so u have to strategise which weapons u get to +9 or 10. neway i just made that up on the spot so no idea if it will be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Only use the Fist of Gratia for a NG+ run. :twisted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

change after every boss. and you have to use a weapon u havent used on the boss b4. you have to fight all of the bosses and you cant buy extra chunks or purposefully grind them, so u have to strategise which weapons u get to +9 or 10. neway i just made that up on the spot so no idea if it will be fun

this sounds cool. maybe ill also do it like i only use the weapons that are now newly available after that boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I made this this morning:

https://dropfile.to/w5ApKkC

Its a little excel file that generates a new weapon for you. pick the boss youre up to and it pulls from a list of all currently available weapons

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

I.N.R.I posted:

In Training posted:

this sounds cool. maybe ill also do it like i only use the weapons that are now newly available after that boss

In Training posted:

I made this this morning:

https://dropfile.to/w5ApKkC

Its a little excel file that generates a new weapon for you. pick the boss youre up to and it pulls from a list of all currently available weapons

I kept reading the thread and found new posts to quote and say hell yeah to

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Can you imagine the weapon swap mod from dark souls. Your weapon randomly changing every 10-12 seconds during boss encounters

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i keep wanting to replay this, but with breath of the wild, and the last Dark Souls content released soon... i just don't have the time.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

i keep wanting to replay this, but with breath of the wild, and the last Dark Souls content released soon... i just don't have the time.

The nice thing about this game is that I know I will always replay it again eventually even if it takes a while. Not a lot of recent releases that I see myself picking up again a decade from now but I have no doubt I'll keep coming back to Bloodborne

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

When I get a PS4 some time this month the first game I get for it will be Bloodborne. Do I buy a physical copy or the psn store one?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

I do :greencube:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

When I get a PS4 some time this month the first game I get for it will be Bloodborne. Do I buy a physical copy or the psn store one?

theres probably no real difference. i prefer discs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don't know.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The answer is the PSN one apparently because it includes the DLC.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's no manual, so aside from wanting to save as much space as possible for share stuff and downloaded games, i don't see any reason to not get the PSN version

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
all my ps4 games are digital so i can play whatever i want at any time without needing to switch discs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only physical stuff I own is games I preordered for the amazon prime discount

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Today is the return to yarn ham event so lots of online people around. Good time to start a new character

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

scary ghost dog posted:

all my ps4 games are digital so i can play whatever i want at any time without needing to switch discs

same, except only the really good ones are digital so I can play them whenever I want

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The answer is the PSN one apparently because it includes the DLC.

I got a disc copy that had all the dlc

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
I want to play the new Nier but I just moved cities and can't really afford the time or money but the return to yharnam event is a good excuse to start a ng. The online community for this game is still huge, I last played through in january and I never had to wait more than a few minutes for resonant or beckoning bells and my messages were being rated constantly

I got the physical and then whenever I had any other disc in my ps4 I just felt like playing bloodborne so I'd go with digital. It's the kind of game you always want to have ready to boot up.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I might do my first whip run for the return to yharnham

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I may try out my random weapon program

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES

Oh Long Johnson posted:

I might do my first whip run for the return to yharnham

same, I've done a few skill runs but never committed to the whip and I know it's a lot of people's favourite

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I used the cane for the vast majority (with blade of mercy a bit in chalices) of my first playthrough as well as the DLC and didn't start trying different weapons until my second. It's a fun and versatile weapon, even if it is a bit weak.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i have a character with every weapon at +10, offhand weapons too, even fist of gratia. shes got the stats to use em all and is on ng+16 (based on number of menshs cages in inventory) i probably have played through this game with every possible build

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my favorite one is reiterpallasch

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Chikage/Evelyn.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does everything just stop scaling at a certain point on NG+ cycles in double digits

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Does everything just stop scaling at a certain point on NG+ cycles in double digits

it stops scaling at 7 but the increases from ng+1 to 7 are small anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

if i remember right ng+7 is approx. double ng+1in terms of added difficulty. and theres the stat cap to consider, so its actually way harder. although it doesnt compare to sl4

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Due to how the scaling for HP and things work, at NG+7 won't a lot of things basically one shot you anyways?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Due to how the scaling for HP and things work, at NG+7 won't a lot of things basically one shot you anyways?

maybe if u get counter hit, but with runes and stuff you can survive 1 of just about anything

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

cool

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
There's that insane guy with 1000s of ng cycles that claims something changes past 7 but it's not really noticeable. Something with resistances I think

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The big slow Dark Souls bosses are causing me way more trouble than all the others, IDK why.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

For the bigger bosses I think the camera and lock on are really the issue.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

The big slow Dark Souls bosses are causing me way more trouble than all the others, IDK why.

if you're talking about moving from BB to DS, one of the big things for me was not being able to tank hits and rally life and having to get used to being more cautious. that really is the best system, imo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

if you're talking about moving from BB to DS, one of the big things for me was not being able to tank hits and rally life and having to get used to being more cautious. that really is the best system, imo.
No, I mean the Dark Souls-style bosses in BB, like the Undead Giant or the three Merciless Watchers.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

The ball and chain undead giant in the chalice dungeons took a really long time for me to get used to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, I mean the Dark Souls-style bosses in BB, like the Undead Giant or the three Merciless Watchers.

oh, i see. yeah, undead giant 2 is one of the bosses that i'm the worst at, by far.