Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Ultima66 posted:

Oh wait, I used Poison gem instead of Void Manipulation because if you don't use Consuming Dark you don't get free poison. I think ideally for your build you would want to run Cospri's Will for free poison.

And no, Bladefall can't compete because Firestorm does 200 damage a hit and hits 40 times in 4 seconds if you're using Firestorm + Increased Duration. Nothing in the game competes with the maximum damage per use of Firestorm in an ideal situation. If half of the hits of Firestorm land on a boss, that's 4000 base damage per cast, before any scaling is applied. Bladefall only does 475 phys + ~200 chaos with Added Chaos per hit, hitting up to maybe 3 times per cast on a big boss. For reference, I think the next highest damage per cast on a 2 link is Fireball + GMP, dealing about 3300 damage if all 5 hits shotgun the same enemy.

Actually going through the spells again another example of how absolutely insane Firestorm's base damage in an ideal scenario is: a full stack Flameblast only does 3600 base damage. If Vaal Flameblast was just a normal skill doing the same amount of damage, it would barely be able to compete with Firestorm on single target in an ideal situation.

I don't think I understand how Path of Building works well enough to recreate this in PoB. I tried plugging in this build's tree with a few key uniques and got a measly 63k dps, which definitely means: I hosed up. But I don't know how?

e: oh, i see the average hit is 60k. jesus christ.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

If I do change from SR to SR CwC Firestorm, what links do I want? CwC, Firestorm, Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus, ??? ?

(ed) I guess Life Leech can go in a red and Cont Dest or EF can be #6 instead, if I'm having trouble surviving...?

I am planning to do a 5B1R with SR-CWC-Firestorm. 4th link is controlled destruction. 5th link is either elemental focus or conc effect. Conc effect is a MORE damage douple dip where as elemental focus only single dips. Downside is conc effect won't help the damage of the SR itself, just the firestorm. The red socket can be life leech if needed, but top DPS would be a level 3-4 empower.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

whypick1 posted:

Pro-tip: if you mouseover a socketed gem in-game it'll highlight which linked gems it affects. I'm fairly confident that if you moused over Firestorm only one of the ALD gems would be highlighted (probably the left one).

And yeah, how are you going to get charges?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Power_charge#Source_of_Power_Charges

You have none of those right now.

I had a plan for this build, and I have no loving idea what that plan was now :p

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Man the time you play makes so much difference to poo poo. Looking at the scourge claw, it is usually 3-4 exalt in the mornings and is down to 125 chaos right now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you want to buy things buy in prime time if you want to sell things sell at off times

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Since buying tabs was brought up a couple of times recently:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/840036822856151040

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Im playing a flameblast totem inquisitor, im doing T6 maps now.
I keep dieing and my totems die instantly.

Can anyone help figure out what im doing wrong or give tips so I don't hate this character?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Leninvs/characters

"pizzalenin" is the character

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Not even 3k/1k Life/ES is....brutal. You seem to way overly focused on cast speed on your jewelry at the expense of life as well.

You also don't have Decoy Totem. Get Decoy Totem. Let it gather up the targets for your pizza totem to aim at.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Ty for the help goons, I blew my respec points and focused on firestorm with the right support gems and the game went from frustrating to much more fun.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never having done a hybrid, what's more important, ES or life? I'm looking at 6L chests. Mine is 518 currently with ~70 life. Do I get one that's like 550 es with 75 life and stay here or go with 650+ es with no life?

Edit: I think nevermind. It would be +785 ES - 190 life. Pretty clear.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 10, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
So is it a good idea to go CI on a build that uses mines and traps, and therefore has no leech?

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

whypick1 posted:

Not even 3k/1k Life/ES is....brutal. You seem to way overly focused on cast speed on your jewelry at the expense of life as well.

You also don't have Decoy Totem. Get Decoy Totem. Let it gather up the targets for your pizza totem to aim at.

I mean, every Pizzasticks build I've seen stresses the gently caress out of cast speed as the key to making them viable, but I remember finding 3k/1k a little tight in the early 60s, nevermind t6 maps, holy poo poo.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'd hit that chest with an essence of greed, need more life. Hybrid ES+Life is kind of crap.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
3k/1k basically means you have 3k since a single zombie slap will nuke that 1k and you have no wicked ward or vdisc or what have you

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

whypick1 posted:

It is? Hmm are max resistances important too?

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 10, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

McFrugal posted:

So is it a good idea to go CI on a build that uses mines and traps, and therefore has no leech?

yes, that is ideal

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Motherfucker I JUST bought a bundle

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Yeah going to need to by some eyes.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

It is? Hmm are max resistances important too?

Uh, yes? Start aiming for 75% resistance once you get like halfway through Cruel.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

*whooooooooooooooosh*

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

whypick1 posted:

This is good and bad, because I'm not sure what is my opinion on cheaply buying too many tabs. :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The more the merrier

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The more the merrier
There has ought to be a limit, but I feel like I'm not there yet.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Vi

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Ink ciccci I kick I could

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

Ink ciccci I kick I could
No posting under influence.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How good is a volley fire barrage build? It seems pretty decent. Can't decide on what items/damage type though. Maybe a physical one with signal fire quiver...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im trying the ranger ice blade build that was posted in the oforums a few days ago and drat its fun punching out swords that split into a hundred swords.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

whypick1 posted:

OK, that's a different story (and some drat good rolls). Didn't realize Belly was so low.

ilvl only affects max sockets, not max links, so you can manually 6L it...and fail to do so because this game hates you. It'd be cheaper to buy a 6L with slightly worse rolls than to buy the fusings needed to guarantee it from Vorici. Cheapest 6L Belly is 8ex, which will buy you ~1200 fusing (Legacy SC). Vorici costs 1500.

So I decided to dump 400 fusings into the belly before going to bed just for fun, ended up 6 linking it with 78 fusings

I guess the rng gods will never let me 6 link anything ever again

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

2 things:

1. gently caress
2. You

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
This build uses Berserker Leech, Scorching Ray -> CwChannel -> Firestorm, and ridiculous numbers of CWDT Fire Spells, to apparently make it able to stand next to stuff while it's getting wailed on, and use the CWDT to pump out damage for the leech.

Is Mass CWDT damage through leech actually a good way to add survivability? It seems like it kind of needs to be an all-in plan to get lots of high-damage skills firing.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839547

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Haven't played in a while

Atlas seems interesting and what the gently caress legacy stuff in leagues

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

whypick1 posted:

2 things:

1. gently caress
2. You

i 6 socketed a cospris in 3 jewellers and 6 linked it in 6 fusings. I then vaaled it and it didn't brick.

at the end of breach league.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Aerox posted:

Motherfucker I JUST bought a bundle

If you care to, you can e-mail support and ask for the difference if it was that recent, I've heard other people say they're pretty generous about it.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I have never 6 linked in over 4000~ fusings.

thanks 4 reading :)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cerepol posted:

Random number generation is the generation of a sequence of numbers or symbols that cannot be reasonably predicted better than by a random chance, usually through a random-number generator (RNG).

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Cerepol posted:

Ask me about spending who knows how many hundreds (though not 4k) on not 6-linking anything, and then 6-linking a goddamned Whispering Ice in 3. The one thing that 6l generally does absolutely nothing for. I'm confident I'll never 6l again. (Got cheevo though, heyooo!)

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats a better 6th socket for srs - added fire, poison, or cull? Empower is a too $

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
well I 6linked my first item in Breach and it was a pretty sick vaal regalia that ended up worth around 10ex

then I gave it away for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Ive got a legacy lightning coil that i need to 6L. I have no god drat idea what to do with it, but i always wanted a legacy coil.

• Locked thread