Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Clarste posted:

Assuming you're talking about the Ursula bonus map, the fact that your tanky guys start in the back shouldn't matter at all because you have all the time in the world to reposition as long as you stay out of their range.

Yeah but I ran out of energy before I realized that. In a few minutes I'll have roy kick hector around some and get him into tanking position and also lure out Ursula so nino can murder her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Spent like 50 stones on banner rolling exclusively blue, got Effie (+spd/-def tho, that's like really bad for her right) and Felicia on the one portal where I had no blue orbs

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Can't wait to put Close/Distant Counter and Vantage together, that'll be real cool and good

Prediction: Ryoma will be king poo poo since having Distant Counter-on-a-stick means he can equip Fury which will trigger Vantage and make him real dumb to deal with

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 10, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Can anyone tell me how the hell is Setsuna and Felicia supposed to be useful? There's literally only one mage on the map.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Can anyone tell me how the hell is Setsuna and Felicia supposed to be useful? There's literally only one mage on the map.

Setsuna has Assassin's Bow so she wrecks both the ninjas

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
gently caress it, I don't think Usula is interesting enough to try and figure out how to beat this with my available units. The only time my units can one shot one of the enemies is when the ninjas attack Hector, Every other engagement just has one of the enemy units wipe mine out and take less than half their HP in return, even if it's a favorable matchup in my odds. I'm probably not going to get one to 5* let alone two of them :shrug:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I envy people with Hector, cause he obliterates the new map. Doing it without was a challenge, but I pulled it off after 4-5 tries.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I pulled a 5 star Felicia. Is she any good?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I'm just gonna start pulling every red and #Pray4Ryoma because Distant Counter + Fury + Vantage + Huge Bases = gently caress You

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I keep getting trash like Cecilia.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Ursula is a very good unit to get, because she's a tome user with Death Blow. Giving someone like Reinhardt Death Blow seems insane. Even more insane would be a team of Gunter/Reinhardt. Too bad arena is tied to base stat totals. But then again, if it wasn't, this game would probably be Cavalry Emblem Heroes.

Here's the team I used to get 4* Ursula: 4*Gwendolyn, 4*Olivia, 3*FRobin, 5*Takumi.

Wasn't even close. :smug:

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 10, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jordan7hm posted:

I pulled a 5 star Felicia. Is she any good?

She shreds mages, strips defences and can do a bit of useful healing on the side.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
These vote battle quests are impossible.

"Win 5 times with a Green Ally on your team!"

*has literally 20 straight battles over the past two days be 3 red swordlords or male robins and tharjas.*

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

*has literally 20 straight battles over the past two days be 3 red swordlords or male robins and tharjas.*

Have u considered playing with ur own green bc it sounds like ur part of the problem

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Space Crabs posted:

How about you play a green man yourself? I would estimate that would add up to you having a 100% chance to have one on your team

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Space Crabs posted:

I think the matchmaking tries to put similar levels or possibly similar stat totals against you. So if you go in with a low level green unit, you'll likely face a bunch of other random low level units to fight.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Hooboy I'd love to get a summon list that wasn't just another pile of useless reds. I think I have three times the amount of red units on my team than any other unit - I've just started ignoring them when summoning.

Also the rates for this gacha are retarded. I summoned three of the same unit in a single session, all three-star.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I think it might be better for me to run three dudes on the Ursula challenge. I don't have a ranged guy outside of Robin and the axe knight like baseball slides over and kills someone. There's not enough wiggle room to smoosh everyone in the top corner of the map while my Hector facetanks the knight, sword guy, and Ursula

Basically screw corridor challenges, it's not really fun for one unit to get annihilated because it aggros the entire map

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Trihugger posted:

I think the matchmaking tries to put similar levels or possibly similar stat totals against you. So if you go in with a low level green unit, you'll likely face a bunch of other random low level units to fight.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

How about you play a green man yourself? I would estimate that would add up to you having a 100% chance to have one on your team

Philip Rivers posted:

Have u considered playing with ur own green bc it sounds like ur part of the problem

I was about to bemoan my lack of greens but then I noticed I had a 5* camilla. I've been lazy and just using my default team without ever editing it for everything.

If it's any solace I backed Ephraim and will lose to the Lucina Juggernaut.

Edit: Or even sooner to the Chrom Juggernaut since he is now ahead.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 10, 2017

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Decided to toss 5 orbs at the gacha, it came up with two blues, a red, a green and a grey.

Picked the green one, got a 5* Nino. Should I keep going or call it quits here?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Decided to toss 5 orbs at the gacha, it came up with two blues, a red, a green and a grey.

Picked the green one, got a 5* Nino. Should I keep going or call it quits here?

Do the blues, might get an Effie!

Also, I got a 5* +attack -SPD Nino... how bad/not THAT bad is this?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Stephen9001 posted:

Already have 2 of Effie, but finished the whole thing off anyway. It was all 3* repeats of a bunch of stuff I already had 4* versions of.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Stephen9001 posted:

Also, I got a 5* +attack -SPD Nino... how bad/not THAT bad is this?
-spd is never good but Nino is only strong because of her ability to be buffed. As long as you have Sharena and/or Eirika next to her, she'll still perform well.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Pulled a -atk/+spd Nino. A bit too bad about the -atk but still wrecks things.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So any advice for dealing with the four star Ursula map?

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

So any advice for dealing with the four star Ursula map?
Urusula personally dies to FRobin really easily. Though I used a 4 star FRobin, I've read that even a 3 star FRobin (with all skills and Lv possible, not sure about IVs) can kill her thanks to anti-blue tome and anti-cavalry.

The big problem is the assassins, who will stab you through walls with attacks that will one-shot most infantry. MRobin can deal with one of them (they hit for a third, he hits them for half, repeat) but he can't take out both like that. You need some way of delaying the top assassin from arriving to pressure you while the armour and the red knight also arrive. I managed with Elise drawing his attention and gravity'ing him, but I imagine any tanky armor/cavalry/flyer (maybe Cecilia, given how tome is effective v grey) who can endure two hits from one could manage just as well. Stick em in the top left corner for 2 turns and the assassin will spend 2 turns hitting them and not moving with the rest of the enemy. That leaves the armour and the knight. If you brought MRobin, he can mostly down the knight so a redlord can finish it up in one go and then duel the axe armour with Robin support. After that, remove your top left non-infantry distraction and gank the assassin when he moves into the chokepoint area.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My team was 5* lv40 Nino, 5* lv37 Effie, 5* lv1 Elise, and 5* lv40 Eirika.
An Eirika-Buffed Nino will one-shot Ursula while Effie tanks a hit from the Ninja, and then if she deals damage to the general, the Ninja will heal him instead of attacking Nino. At that point, I heal up Nino, and take out the General. The Ninja can't one-shot full health Nino, so he attacks Effie instead. Effie then kills the Cavalry, and Elise heals her, while Nino draws her back. Then it's just Effie and Nino taking out the two Ninja.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Senerio posted:

My team was 5* lv40 Nino, 5* lv37 Effie, 5* lv1 Elise, and 5* lv40 Eirika.
An Eirika-Buffed Nino will one-shot Ursula while Effie tanks a hit from the Ninja, and then if she deals damage to the general, the Ninja will heal him instead of attacking Nino. At that point, I heal up Nino, and take out the General. The Ninja can't one-shot full health Nino, so he attacks Effie instead. Effie then kills the Cavalry, and Elise heals her, while Nino draws her back. Then it's just Effie and Nino taking out the two Ninja.

I'm training up my 5* Nino now, and I've got a 5* Lv. 38 Eirika and a 5* Lv. 40 Effie; which healing spell and Special were you running on your Elise? I might be able to adapt your strategy with one of my own healers. Also, which ninja did your Effie tank first?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I took her team out with a Sheena and Hector (both level 40), a level 2 Olivia and a healer with Psychic/Imbue (can't remember who). Sheena just sat in the bottom square that provokes the lower ninja and his sword-pony friend who endlessly plink away at her for 0 damage and then draw him back over and over and over. Then, it was just a case of bringing Hector back and forth from the top dudes, healing him, having Olivia shake her rear end at him, then chucking him back into the fray. Once the top dudes were taken care of, I pulled Sheena back from the endless plink/draw back cycle and took care of the lower units with Hector.

I don't think you'd need Hector for this either. I imagine Effie or a decent mage could do the same strat.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So is this Ursula as good as her voice? Any skills worth putting on her come next week?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeah, reporting Hector is really good here, you want him in slot 3, move him down, dance him to move one block over and Ursula suicides to him. You jam a ranged guy above Hector at the choke (I used MRobin) and the assassins throw themselves on Hector who takes no damage from them. I double healed though dancing and Hector got low but it was a done deal.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm training up my 5* Nino now, and I've got a 5* Lv. 38 Eirika and a 5* Lv. 40 Effie; which healing spell and Special were you running on your Elise? I might be able to adapt your strategy with one of my own healers. Also, which ninja did your Effie tank first?

Elise had Recover (+15 HP, Special count +1), which is enough to full heal her as she took 14 damage from Ursula. You can adapt it with other things, but as it is, that's what I used.

If you position the starting team as [Healer], Eirika, Nino, Effie, then the team will look like

Healer
Eirika | Nino
Effie

then Effie can move one to the right, while Nino moves down and to the right, which will put Nino in the range of Ursula, but neither Ninja, while Effie is in the range of the Ninja, but not Ursula on Turn 1.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Hoarded my orbs for this banner going to get Nino.

The first 6 pages had no greens at all. Finally my last summon had 2 greens... 3* Arthur and beruka.

Got some nice blues though: 3* robin, 4* Effie, and 5* Azura. Still, over 80 orbs and only 2 greens is stupid.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Roger Explosion posted:

So is this Ursula as good as her voice? Any skills worth putting on her come next week?

All the good skills for her are on better blue cavalry mages.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kyoujin posted:

Hoarded my orbs for this banner going to get Nino.

The first 6 pages had no greens at all. Finally my last summon had 2 greens... 3* Arthur and beruka.

Got some nice blues though: 3* robin, 4* Effie, and 5* Azura. Still, over 80 orbs and only 2 greens is stupid.

2 in 16 fields is insanely unlucky.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
It was only 7 fields. Stupidly did all 5 pulls on the first 2 and pulled on all blues which worked out pretty well

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Man, I learned a painful lesson about pulling colourless when that's one of the Focus.

Healers are bad :(

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Ursula isn't great but it's a free death blow 2 to harvest when inheritance comes out.

Also she's hot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
grinding this 4* star Effie in hopes that she can carry my poo poo rear end team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I did the 3* Ursula with basically two units. First unit was used to bait Ursula and destroy her with counterattack; I used Takumi for this. Second unit was a non-infantry unit with lots of Def, to avoid the dagger debuff and to tank the rest of the enemies; I used Eldigan for this, because he's red and so he had neutral/advantage to all enemies once Ursula was dead.