Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Aside from the hit reg issues the only thing I'd like changed on blitz is the ability to sprint with the shield in front of him instead of dropping it to the side. It would give him something Montagne and Fuze don't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Great Beer posted:

Aside from the hit reg issues the only thing I'd like changed on blitz is the ability to sprint with the shield in front of him instead of dropping it to the side. It would give him something Montagne and Fuze don't have.

That's better than my idea for sure.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Something to distinguish him is what I think he lacks. With the revolver montange can just walk up and hip fire someone to death in flash range. He's safer on the approach and safer when firing and deadlier. Other than I think he's cool if I want to actually try to fight people "armor plated drone" montange is still better.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Great Beer posted:

Let's just add Spiky, a shield-wielding attacker that has a spike mounted on their shield, and can charge on a short cooldown.

Make knife running great again. :troll:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Great Beer posted:

This sounds fantastic actually

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Great Beer posted:

Let Blitz actually blitz. I love this.

If we all wish for it enough, maybe it'll happen.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Party Plane Jones posted:

The Frost proleague set totally fucks with quick recognition because its an all black color scheme.

Yeah i get that it can gently caress with coms a bit but at the same time, someone pops in front of you, you shoot first and act questions later.

The only exception to that rule was if you'd recognize Blackbeard like nope, I'm going back there but that not really an issue anymore isn't it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
imagine charging through half broken doors with blitz to 180 and kill corner campers :clint:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

If bullets can barely register as hitting the shield when walking, when sprinting around it's going to be like it's not even there.

Improving netcode and buffing the blind range on the flash is all he needs

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Great Beer posted:

Let him charge through barricaded doors while doing this. Completely suicidal, but it would still be awesome.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The Duggler posted:

If bullets can barely register as hitting the shield when walking, when sprinting around it's going to be like it's not even there.

Improving netcode and buffing the blind range on the flash is all he needs

Vatek posted:

but it would still be awesome.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
5m is absurdly low for total flash, you basically have to be in the ol' Caveira pistol range in order to use your gadget. Where Cav would have a dropoff to very low damage but still be viable, Blitz just goes *pfft* and it doesn't do much of anything.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Hard posted:

Yeah i get that it can gently caress with coms a bit but at the same time, someone pops in front of you, you shoot first and act questions later.

The only exception to that rule was if you'd recognize Blackbeard like nope, I'm going back there but that not really an issue anymore isn't it.

Depending on who you are shooting may not be the best immediate option and knowing there is a frost when we've otherwise not spotted her can have a significant impact on how you or your team will proceed due to the knowledge of potential frost traps. The ID system doesn't always ID an enemy even when you've seen enough of them to get a quick recogonition off, so sometimes you have to rely on your eyes and ears.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
When I first started playing the game, I didn't realize Blitz even had a flash since people would try across the room and nothing would happen. Then I played as him and was killed multiple times as I tried to shoot the enemy not realizing that my flash didn't touch them worth a drat.

Alternatively, only a fraction of my screen can be staring at a flashbang from 10m away and it still lights up my screen.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Knifegrab posted:

Depending on who you are shooting may not be the best immediate option and knowing there is a frost when we've otherwise not spotted her can have a significant impact on how you or your team will proceed due to the knowledge of potential frost traps. The ID system doesn't always ID an enemy even when you've seen enough of them to get a quick recogonition off, so sometimes you have to rely on your eyes and ears.

Yeah but it's not like anyone sees a tango and take a few seconds to ponder who they are before shooting. You shoot and give coms with the information available at the time.

I also have yet to play a match where i don't know the teams composition within the first minute of a round, especially if I'm on ATK.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/ZsHvw1h.webm

be advised if your aim is as bad as mine you'll probably enjoy LMGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZOMt5mdPQ

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Blitz moving faster, charging, etc... are all great ideas that fit his name too so Hard please do the needful with regards for the same.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
what would really suit his name is some sort of lighting device, maybe a flashbang attached to his shield

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Wooper posted:

what would really suit his name is some sort of lighting device, maybe a flashbang attached to his shield

Ya that would be cool, perhaps they can add that as well.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Wooper posted:

Except German for flashbang is Blendgranate (blinding grenade), so the name Blitz would be a bit of wordplay derived from the concept of a blitzkrieg that also refers to the bright flash of lightning.

To say nothing of how English speakers often use the word blitz to refer to a quick strike, such as the play in American football.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard put a cluster charge on the front of Blitz's shield that dispenses flashbangs he's immune to, tia

In fact just give him sunglasses so he can rush into a room that's being flashed and kill everyone while they're looking away

Sirreal
Jul 27, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Let's just add Spiky, a shield-wielding attacker that has a spike mounted on their shield, and can charge on a short cooldown.

Make knife running great again. :troll:
perhaps
As much fun as it would be to shield bash these guys like its For Honor, I doubt it would be particularly practical. I think it would end up working better if he could keep his shield up while running vs at his side. I feel most people would see that and panic forgetting to aim at the legs. This would help him in doing his job of breaking into the objective room a bit more. Also it would close the distance enough to actually do a successful flash-bang with his shield.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Blitz shield should flash everytime it's shot. No recharge limit

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I wish these weird variants were available in custom games

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Also remove the delay from flashing to shooting, it's way too long

Also whenever Blitz isn't on screen all the other operators should be asking "where is Poochie?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Or just make him a speed 3 operator I guess.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I was saying speed 2 armor 2 like the old shield recruit but sure why not.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

found a lot of silly stuff in my shadowplay folder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=481DFUWwTbA

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Hard posted:

Yeah but it's not like anyone sees a tango and take a few seconds to ponder who they are before shooting. You shoot and give coms with the information available at the time.

I also have yet to play a match where i don't know the teams composition within the first minute of a round, especially if I'm on ATK.

Yes but the "information available at the time" may be harder to discern with certain skins. Its really easy to pick out a frost with her normal skin, but given the exact same split second recognition when she has one of her more concealing skins and I may be unable to figure out who she is.

Also if the defenders are smart and dedicating players to drone hunting and/or have a mute it is really not terribly uncommon to not know the entire enemy team comp.

Again though I may not always "shoot and give comms". What if I am on a cam or drone and see a frost run by for a split second? Glance value is hugely important and being kind of ruined by some skins.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Knifegrab posted:

Again though I may not always "shoot and give comms". What if I am on a cam or drone and see a frost run by for a split second? Glance value is hugely important and being kind of ruined by some skins.

Jackal's headgear looks so much like Blackbeard's giant noggin that you might have to double check it and whoops it actually was blackbeard whoops you're dead.

Seriously though, the fact that you can have your drone spot enemy defenders but still not show the class ID at the top of the screen until you've been staring at them for like 5 seconds is insane.

edit: also some hilarious sound issues: tiny little holes in floorboards go a long way to loving with you for defenders above/below. You can hear Pulse running on the luggage grating on the floor below from a half inch fuze hole at the second charge before dying:
https://streamable.com/5apei

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 10, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

spotting works well enough as it is imo. drat near impossible to hide the objective more often than not without a coordinated effort!

Hiding from drones and waiting for the round to start can get you a lot of easy kills with trap based defenders... same with those good at ambushing, like cav/pulse or even tachanka

But you're usually going to have to do some sort of relocating when playing against experienced players. Sometimes it's better to just build up your defenses, set believable fake trap locations that will incite prefire and then move them around after you've been spotted during the setup phase.

and once you see a skin a couple of times you shouldn't be that thrown off by them. if you're really that serious about IDing things as quickly as possible you can just look at the yellow markings on each pro set and use that when basic silhouettes fail.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/InfantilePreciousCockatoo

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Yeah pro league frost still looks like no other defender to me, she's incredibly bulky. Maybe the black is a little confusing at first but that doesn't take long to learn at all, and she still stands out because of the giant gold kneepads and stuff.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Hey Hard why the gently caress do nitro cells phase through shields and human bodies?!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Knifegrab posted:

Hey Hard why the gently caress do nitro cells phase through shields and human bodies?!

parasites

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:eyepop:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

*Haha, I pulled one over on this game's infantile AI.*

:happyelf:

Earlier I was playing as Blitz and walked up to a Mira window while ADSing. The dude on the other side must not have realized who I was. He popped the bottle, right when the window fell, I stopped ADSing to raise my shield, flashed, and dumped my clip. Got 2 dudes and wounded a third. This game is alright sometimes.

Hard, your game is alright sometimes.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 10, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Knifegrab posted:

Cause gently caress'em, that's why

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 10, 2017

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I stopped playing when the shields stoped blocking nitro and hibana's clusters were usually duds. Then Zelda came out. Did these get fixed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Heran Bago posted:

I stopped playing when the shields stoped blocking nitro and hibana's clusters were usually duds. Then Zelda came out. Did these get fixed?

Keep playing Zelda.

• Locked thread