Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I keep all of my blood in my beard and eyebrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
That ashy motherfucker's been eating marinara sauce right out of the jar.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Somebody just got their red wings.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Faces are hard. At least the rest of the model is fine.

I still end up making my bearded men aging because dry brushing hair white is the most effective way to highlight the texture.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
We talked about bad paintjobs on the Badcast this week, so here's some of mine from when I was like 14:

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Haha I think my first mini was a metal Eldar Dreadnought. I painted it "Sunburst Yellow" with no undercoat :(

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

So the top says "Walk of Death", but what does the harness say? "Trak my Doom"?

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Moola posted:

that's very cool
Thanks, boneman. Really wish I didn't have to give the conversion away after finishing it... would love to buy it back and tweak it to fit my own armies. Here's the best photo I have of it:

And the orky zombie Walk of Death conversion is super radical, too.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My latest effort at 54mm

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

mcjomar posted:

My latest effort at 54mm

Honestly, your stuff doesn't belong here, post it in the painting thread!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Where did you get 54mm Cypher???

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

mcjomar posted:

My latest effort at 54mm

I like the skeleton

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

BuffaloChicken posted:

Thanks, boneman. Really wish I didn't have to give the conversion away after finishing it... would love to buy it back and tweak it to fit my own armies. Here's the best photo I have of it:

And the orky zombie Walk of Death conversion is super radical, too.

Now I wish I had one of these for the upcoming Osprey Scrappers game. Will have to settle for possible converting one of my FW Tau to have an open chest with driver inside. Rust is orange though so I can keep on chugging with my purple painting fetish. :mrgw:

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

Where did you get 54mm Cypher???

I didn't get it, I made it.
The basic metal Artemis 54mm Space Marine model from the old Inquisitor range just requires that you hack apart the legs (much like reposing a 28mm plastic space marine leg component, but with more hacksawing) and then a lot of greenstuff and some plasticard for the sword. Oh yeah, some chain from a hobby store for his belt. Leftover sprue for the hilt, and the holsters (wrap them with GS and it looks the same).
The fun bit is that I've never worked with GS on this scale before, or plasticard pretty much ever before.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

mcjomar posted:

The basic metal Artemis 54mm Space Marine model from the old Inquisitor range just requires that you hack apart the legs (much like reposing a 28mm plastic space marine leg component, but with more hacksawing) and then a lot of greenstuff and some plasticard for the sword. Oh yeah, some chain from a hobby store for his belt. Leftover sprue for the hilt, and the holsters (wrap them with GS and it looks the same).
The fun bit is that I've never worked with GS on this scale before, or plasticard pretty much ever before.

Yeah... wrong thread amigo. There's nothing unspirational about that Cypher. He's cool.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

mcjomar posted:

Holy poo poo

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

There's an old Tau diplomat 54mm figure for the inquisitor game that I once saw on eBay long ago and decided not to get it, since I could just get it another time. Never seen one since, but I see lots of the inquisitors and space marines. :negative:

I was planning on making a diorama with the Tau and one of the imperial figures playing with the 28mm figures playing with the 6mm figures.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I still think you should thin your paints a little.

ED:
Meanwhile, at Mantic HQ:

Good enough, boys!

JcDent fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 10, 2017

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

JcDent posted:

ED:
Meanwhile, at Mantic HQ:

Good enough, boys!

WTF is up with those right arms? And the fingers.

I'm looking at the paint job with the awkward feeling of being somewhere between "It is better than I would have done" and "I am actually closer to being a studio standard painter than I had previously thought. I'm not sure either counts as a glowing endorsement of one of the larger industry companies standard for marketing minis.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ineptmule posted:

Holy poo poo

:agreed:

JcDent posted:

you should thin your posting

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

JcDent posted:

ED:
Meanwhile, at Mantic HQ:

Good enough, boys!

Someone shop a turn-table under her hand.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JcDent posted:

ED:
Meanwhile, at Mantic HQ:

Good enough, boys!

Girl on the right is my face whenever I look at Mantic's sculpts.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
So some dude on /tg has decided to make a 40K proxy army by 3D printing Heroes of the Storm models:

In case you were wondering where Tits McGee is from, well...

He made her himself in Blender. :cripes:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I was gonna compliment the Medic Uther, but jfc that other medic.

That's some Doc Thunder levels of POWER TITS.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think that might be a level beyond Doc Thunder

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
It looks like she glued large ball bearings to her chest.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Who can even look at Blizzard characters and think they don't have enough titty.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

And it looks like she's literally called Medic Love. Eurgh.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Front.Boobs
Front.Nips

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Front.Boobs
Front.Nips

:gonk:

If there ever was an armor that did not lend itself to boobplating, it's definitely Terran Marine armor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm the boob pipes.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

so to scale, those are what, the size of basketballs? medicine balls?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Hauki posted:

so to scale, those are what, the size of basketballs? medicine balls?

Bigger than basketballs by far, look at the size of them compared to her head :gonk:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Mad Models: Beyond Thunder's Domes

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Skellybones posted:

Mad Models: Beyond Thunder's Domes

:vince:

I'd like to see someone do an anatomy trace over that model to see what she'd look like without armor to have tits that big that start a good headwidth out from where her chest should be.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Dude definitely hasn't compensated for the armour wrt anatomy. That poor creature hurts to be.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
poo poo, I didn't know space marines got boob implants too alongside all the hearts and glands and poo poo.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Fathis Munk posted:

poo poo, I didn't know space marines got boob implants too alongside all the hearts and glands and poo poo.

I would say "she can spit acid from her nips" but that could very easily be old mate's fetish :mad:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SRM posted:

Girl on the right is my face whenever I look at Mantic's sculpts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I don't have a pic of the model, but I am fairly middling painter, leaving closer to below average.
Some dude just bought one of my Lizardmen characters that I forgot over a friend's house.
All my eBay listings will now say "ProPainted". That's how it works, right?