Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

the mysteries of the mysterious feminine mystique revealed!?!

ed balls knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

my name is professor freedom, and i say science is for terrorists

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Serf posted:

show me where i can buy a switch

Guess what

You don't need a switch to play it

Serf
May 5, 2011

loquacius posted:

you can also play it on the Wii U you definitely own

1. how dare u

2. i actually do not own a wii u, which in retrospect may have been a mistake

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
http://i.imgur.com/jcPWdaW.gifv

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

is his name seriously "Good Latte"?

sounds like a coastal elite lieberal name to me

I think he's just trying to fool us that he's a republican, so he can infiltrate the NRA and kill white babies for George Soros

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Yay here comes the national right to work act. Say goodbye to unions!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/785

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baloogan posted:

wasps don't eat fish

how do you feel about thatcher ushering in the age of neoliberalism and globalisation we're currently living in?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

If yins aren't reading Fred Clark, you need to be. Basically: "Modern Christianity is a bullshit pseudo-religion that was invented to excuse slavery and later modified to make abortion the mortal-est sin of all time. Real Christianity, as it was practiced for about 1700 years would look at people citing single bible quotes and say 'the fuq is this' or 'lol get on my level scrub'"

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2017/03/03/ignorant-jerks-abusing-poor-will-always-will-always/

quote:

... Jesus never actually said, “The poor will always be with you.” That’s our English translation of a Greek text translating an Aramaic speaker reciting a Hebrew scripture.

Specifically, he was quoting Deuteronomy 15.

Jesus was quoting the Torah to his disciples, and he knew that they would know that was exactly what he was doing.

So Moses says “there need be no poor people among you,” but it’s conditional. “If you fully obey …” the Jubilee laws and the other commands he’s just laid out for them, which includes a massive program of land reform, property redistribution, the safety nets of gleaning and gathering, tithes for the poor, and periodic debt cancellation. Do all that like you’re supposed to, and there will be no poor among you.

The full "the poor you will always have with you..." quote is ended with "...as long as you fuckheads don't adopt full communism now"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

loquacius posted:

Coffee is usually hot, but if it's hot enough to melt someone's entire crotch if spilled there, and you're heating it to that temperature solely so you can sell less of it for the same money and then selling it to people who are currently driving around in cars, then being asked to forfeit a day's coffee profits so you loving stop doing that seems fairly reasonable to me

like, I think asking people whether they make their own home coffee hot enough to literally melt a crotch should communicate the problem

I've tried this, they literally refuse to hear the words and it's depressing

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Now here's a fight waiting to happen.

Are the dirty Harry movies satire?

gonna go with no given how much of a garbage person Clint Eastwood is

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hodgepodge posted:

I've tried to explain the McDonalds coffee burn lawsuit to intelligent people and it's like talking to a brick wall that doesn't understand that coffee that hot isn't something you need to "be careful with," it's a grenade with the pin pulled.

Or the actual facts of that case, where McDonald had repeatedly been told their coffee was entirely too hot (they had purposefully jacked it to extremely high temps so that people who grabbed one on the way to work would still get a "hot coffee satisfaction" if they started drinking it way later) and had disregarded earlier instances and complaints as well as safety standards.

That case is textbook poo poo about companies doing extremely dumb poo poo but then convincing retards that no the extremely disadvantaged and innocent are in the best place to bear the burden as opposed to the wealthy and willfully negligent corporation.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Ron Jeremy posted:

I see that basic civics and things like "the fillibuster" are hard for people itt.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ron Jeremy posted:

it triggers me when people think that just because something is introduced in committee it will be law before we know it

like can i link to IM JUST A BILL up in here

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hate Westerns

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

I see that basic civics and things like "the fillibuster" are hard for people itt.

Actually the dems will avoid filibustering this to preserve their political capital

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

if you want to convince someone that was McDonald's fault just find some pictures of the horrific burns the lady got from their stupid boiling coffee

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Coolguye posted:

it triggers me when people think that just because something is introduced in committee it will be law before we know it

like can i link to IM JUST A BILL up in here

Worlds Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/840204515848650752

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Baloogan posted:

wasps don't eat fish

they have clambakes at the yacht club

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Schnorkles posted:

Politics is hard even for politics nerds, on the other hand boiling complex processes down to a single dude doing a thing is easy.

This is Why Trump Won

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fullhouse posted:

if you want to convince someone that was McDonald's fault just find some pictures of the horrific burns the lady got from their stupid boiling coffee

these same people will simply reply "LOL COFFEE IS HOT DON'T HOLD IT BETWEEN UR LEGS BING BING BONG SO SIMPLE"

this may or may not be the voice of experience

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

Coffee is usually hot, but if it's hot enough to melt someone's entire crotch if spilled there, and you're heating it to that temperature solely so you can sell less of it for the same money and then selling it to people who are currently driving around in cars, then being asked to forfeit a day's coffee profits so you loving stop doing that seems fairly reasonable to me

like, I think asking people whether they make their own home coffee hot enough to literally melt a crotch should communicate the problem

there was a great documetnary on tort reform on netflix that referenced thsi and at the end they interviewed some lifelong republican dude who had always been "gently caress those moosher and ambulance chasing lawyers" who had been rund own by a company truck or something, resulting in lifelong medical conditions that severely impacted his life

and he was like "all i got from the suit was $250,000 i cant live the rest of my life on that. when they explaiend to me why i couldnt get more i realized i was exactly the person i voted against and it hit me like a ton of bricks"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bioware games are all naked power fantasies.

Dragon age origins was good though.

i really really wanted to like DA: O but i could never get into it for some reason

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

also the more important part is that any national right to work bill that has any chance of getting anywhere has to have exemptions for police, firefighters, etc. otherwise FOP goes on the warpath and Rs don't really want that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BOB YOUR LATTE loving SUCKS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

financially racist posted:

the first half of mass effect 3 introduced SPACE NINJA

i still feel fuckin insulted by this character's existence. jesus loving christ bioware.

mass effect 3 can lick my unwashed taint. gently caress that piece of poo poo game.

You can watch the female character's asses and boobs get bigger as the series went along and Bioware dove more deeply into the vital 14 year old boy market

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

yacht fires are pretty good IMO

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Fullhouse posted:

Looked that up, and maybe that will get it through to people should it ever come up.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if you dont get boiling hot coffee then you cant spill it on yourself and get unlimited free cafe lattes

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

zegermans posted:

Actually the dems will avoid filibustering this to preserve their political capital

I am twitching right now

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/840250560687296517

Kill the rich

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Rah! posted:

yacht fires are pretty good IMO

gently caress yachts

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

Looked that up, and maybe that will get it through to people should it ever come up.

it won't

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

No but they operate on a deep level of irony, just like hit UK cop show The Sweeney.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Coolguye posted:

these same people will simply reply "LOL COFFEE IS HOT DON'T HOLD IT BETWEEN UR LEGS BING BING BONG SO SIMPLE"

this may or may not be the voice of experience

I've been tempted to offer to boil some water to 200 F so they can demonstrate with their own hands that it's not a big deal.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Was the hot coffee person white or non white this is important

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Why does she look like Miley Cyrus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I am twitching right now

he's being sarcastic or stupid because there's no such thing as preserving your political capital when you're in the opposition. :shrug: You oppose everything consequence free.

• Locked thread