Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

a.lo posted:

Was the hot coffee person white or non white this is important

Old white lady

Ed Balls would not stand for this Mc Propaganda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

he's being sarcastic or stupid because there's no such thing as preserving your political capital when you're in the opposition. :shrug: You oppose everything consequence free.

ahhh i see you haven't met the democrats

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Why does she look like Miley Cyrus?

they're all made of the same ever morphing dna

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

If yins aren't reading Fred Clark, you need to be. Basically: "Modern Christianity is a bullshit pseudo-religion that was invented to excuse slavery and later modified to make abortion the mortal-est sin of all time. Real Christianity, as it was practiced for about 1700 years would look at people citing single bible quotes and say 'the fuq is this' or 'lol get on my level scrub'"

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2017/03/03/ignorant-jerks-abusing-poor-will-always-will-always/

The full "the poor you will always have with you..." quote is ended with "...as long as you fuckheads don't adopt full communism now"

Lookit this scrub who doesn't realize religion is syncretic and that nobody has a claim on "real Christianity". A religion designed to support existing power structures is just as valid as one that is designed to subvert them.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

also the more important part is that any national right to work bill that has any chance of getting anywhere has to have exemptions for police, firefighters, etc. otherwise FOP goes on the warpath and Rs don't really want that.

What if they change the bill to just make it legal for cops to shoot black people?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Why does she look like Miley Cyrus?

why don't you

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

james spader lookin rough these days

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Serf posted:

ahhh i see you haven't met the democrats

When Chuck Schumer retires he's going to go every day to his massive scrooge mcduck style money bin and just swim in all that political capital he saved up.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Or the actual facts of that case, where McDonald had repeatedly been told their coffee was entirely too hot (they had purposefully jacked it to extremely high temps so that people who grabbed one on the way to work would still get a "hot coffee satisfaction" if they started drinking it way later) and had disregarded earlier instances and complaints as well as safety standards.

That case is textbook poo poo about companies doing extremely dumb poo poo but then convincing retards that no the extremely disadvantaged and innocent are in the best place to bear the burden as opposed to the wealthy and willfully negligent corporation.

Anytime someone says "common sense" I usually expect a torrent of diarrhea to come out of their mouth afterwards.

Serf
May 5, 2011

they literally build pop stars in a lab outside of flagstaff arizona

stay woke

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

sullat posted:

Lookit this scrub who doesn't realize religion is syncretic and that nobody has a claim on "real Christianity". A religion designed to support existing power structures is just as valid as one that is designed to subvert them.

Evangelicals believe that there is a "real christianity" and that they own it like a base slave.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

he's being sarcastic or stupid because there's no such thing as preserving your political capital when you're in the opposition. :shrug: You oppose everything consequence free.

We know this, I'm not convinced Democrats do

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

fits my needs posted:

Anytime someone says "common sense" I usually expect a torrent of diarrhea to come out of their mouth afterwards.

I managed to figure this out before my voice cracked :shrug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

cumshitter posted:

there was a great documetnary on tort reform on netflix that referenced thsi and at the end they interviewed some lifelong republican dude who had always been "gently caress those moosher and ambulance chasing lawyers" who had been rund own by a company truck or something, resulting in lifelong medical conditions that severely impacted his life

and he was like "all i got from the suit was $250,000 i cant live the rest of my life on that. when they explaiend to me why i couldnt get more i realized i was exactly the person i voted against and it hit me like a ton of bricks"

was smoking crack fun?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

how do you feel about thatcher ushering in the age of neoliberalism and globalisation we're currently living in?

no one is perfect

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Squizzle posted:

james spader lookin rough these days

this reminds me of the time i got elected president promising the rubes everything their black little hearts desired with no intentions of actually doing anything for them

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Serf posted:

they literally build pop stars in a lab outside of flagstaff arizona

stay woke

Britney Spears was a real bad product run, but theyve ironed out most of the kinks

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

orange sky posted:

Meanwhile over in the europol thread:

Do not go to the europol thread.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

I managed to figure this out before my voice cracked :shrug:

That's why I became a Libertarian

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Feminasty Slut posted:

gently caress yachts

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
The tort reform bill passed the house an hour ago but 14 republicans voted against it so unless I'm missing something bigly I don't think it has a chance in the senate; it may not even hit the floor

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

We know this, I'm not convinced Democrats do

i'm not really sure what thing has happened that indicates what is going on one way or another.

some regs have been cut on party lines [occasionally + Manchin] and Trump has gotten like 20 cabinent members and had 1 go down in flames and 2 more pull out. Though perdue is probably toast too.

Gorsuch is the only "meaningful" piece of opposition rn, and republicans are acting like they have 0 votes on anything they do with healthcare.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

was smoking crack fun?

the first time i was tricked into smoking it hell yeas

the second tiem not so much because the idito just shared a weed pipe theyd smoked crack out of the night before so it was just like wicked tunnel vision and bright lights were really annoying and it went away in half an hour

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

Baloogan posted:

no one is perfect

i think you will find that andrew sullivan disagress and that ms thatcher was perfect in every way

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

fits my needs posted:

just learn to mentally translate "common sense" as "feels over reals" and it reveals a lot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

cumshitter posted:

the first time i was tricked into smoking it hell yeas

the second tiem not so much because the idito just shared a weed pipe theyd smoked crack out of the night before so it was just like wicked tunnel vision and bright lights were really annoying and it went away in half an hour

how does it compare iwth other stimulants?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Hodgepodge posted:

I've tried to explain the McDonalds coffee burn lawsuit to intelligent people and it's like talking to a brick wall that doesn't understand that coffee that hot isn't something you need to "be careful with," it's a grenade with the pin pulled.

the easiest way is to show them the pictures of the lady burned.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

a.lo posted:

That's why I became a Libertarian

i'm so sorry

i do understand that in some parts of america that was the best available outcome for the past several decades though

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

i think you will find that andrew sullivan disagress and that ms thatcher was perfect in every way

It's he still able to trick liberals into agreeing with him? I haven't heard his name in awhile

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

One of the good ones

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

i really really wanted to like DA: O but i could never get into it for some reason

did you use console commands to make it fun

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
any "controversial" pick for the cabinent has basically been on party lines [once again Manchin/Heitkamp excepted for Pruitt and Manchin on Sessions]

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

dont smoke crack jose

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm thinking about those golden arches

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

It's he still able to trick liberals into agreeing with him? I haven't heard his name in awhile

i haven't looked in like a decade :shrug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baloogan posted:

dont smoke crack jose

i'm not going to i suggested we try and get some with friends and was shot down pretty thoroughly and that was the end of it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

alternatively, putting five guys inside of me

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Jose posted:

pls do not go rob ford on us, jose

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

IMO the fact that it is coffee is completely incidental; if you are selling people poo poo that will horrifically burn them if spilled, and you could very easily be NOT doing that, you need a lawsuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Admiral Ray posted:

Just tell them "yeah it fused her vagina shut"

• Locked thread