Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

PC means:
a). Promote Communism
b) Protect Criminals
c) the Propaganda of Communism
d) progressive communism
e) ACLU
f) Democrat Party
g) protect Comrades
h) all the above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
We're being strangled by PC culture gone mad!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/785

rip americans being safely employed

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
haha gently caress it, let's just go full on gilded age

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

Madcosby posted:

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

PC means:
a). Promote Communism
b) Protect Criminals
c) the Propaganda of Communism
d) progressive communism
e) ACLU
f) Democrat Party
g) protect Comrades
h) all the above.

i) Piss Comfortably as a person of any gender

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The Archaic posted:

You just keep hitting them loving home runs John Schiess!

I read that in the voice and lmaod

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

several friends posted:

i) Piss Comfortably as a person of any gender

Trump's fetish is people peeing uncomfortably so no wonder he and his supporters hate PC culture so much!

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Son of Rodney posted:

"Ah yeah, we're called 'afact' because there's got to be a fact in there somewhere"

All of the above is going to afact us!

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
justc loving make mike pence president. sure. please. he seems like the kind of guy that does his killings in his murder house, not with a war

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

lollin' that trump is president.

So many people are getting picked up by ICE out here, shouldn't we see "help wanted" signs up soon? Jobs for all those "hard working americans"?

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

my new dog posted:

justc loving make mike pence president. sure. please. he seems like the kind of guy that does his killings in his murder house, not with a war

I think this would make your government more efficiently evil if you put a competent man in charge.

It's why the Allies during WWII started to realize Hitler being assassinated would be bad thing because he just kept loving everything up, and a more competent general might take over.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Archaic posted:

I think this would make your government more efficiently evil if you put a competent man in charge.

It's why the Allies during WWII started to realize Hitler being assassinated would be bad thing because he just kept loving everything up, and a more competent general might take over.

ure right. dodged a bullet there, cant believe mike pence was almost president

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

In late January, Virginia Republican Bob Marshall argued in favor of a bill that would require voters in that state to provide proof of citizenship before casting ballots in state and local races.

"I've identified individuals who tell me they're not citizens, but they're on the voter database," he argued.

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/09/519500312/state-republicans-push-for-more-restrictive-voting-laws

Oh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/840264161997279233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Does this mean Pence, head of the transition, lied? Lol next up is Ryan.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Heres the secret. They all lied. Every person. They all knew. They just can't be bothered to care because it was and is about their team winning.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Son of Rodney posted:

By the way why has nobody commented on what a white trash name kellyanne is? Are her sisters name dakotalynn oder lakynnsue?
Similarly, has anyone noticed that Trump is the epitome of trailer trash?
  • Twice divorced
  • Affairs++
  • Constantly in court for unpaid bills
  • Multiple bankruptcies
  • Beats sons in public; creepy relationship with daughter
  • Thinks gold decor is "classy"
  • Ugly baggy suits
  • Fat
  • Ketchup + meatloaf

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lacey posted:

• Twice divorced
  • Affairs++
  • Constantly in court for unpaid bills
  • Multiple bankruptcies
  • Beats sons in public; creepy relationship with daughter
  • Thinks gold decor is "classy"
  • Ugly baggy suits
  • Fat
  • Ketchup + meatloaf

He exists at the intersection of white trash and millennial (see need for safe spaces and addiction to social media).

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Lacey posted:

• Beats sons in public;

Wait, what?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

yellowD posted:

Wait, what?

He slapped Jr. to the ground once in front of his friends once for wearing the wrong clothes

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

quote:

Don Jr. opened the door, wearing a Yankee jersey. Without saying a word, his father slapped him across the face, knocking him to the floor in front of all of his classmates. He simply said "put on a suit and meet me outside," and closed the door.
https://www.facebook.com/scottmelker/posts/10154800337414739

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

This made me extremely sad.
This man is President. lol?

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slowpoke posted:

It doesn't stop there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CGd1MFWU4m4

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Slowpoke posted:

It sounds like he smacked his kid for being a wastoid, that's just being a good parent

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Slowpoke posted:

Guys, guys, chill out. DJT is just a YUGE Mets fan.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

Does this mean Pence, head of the transition, lied? Lol next up is Ryan.

Yeah, Pence knew. He lied. Elijah Cummings sent him a letter about it in November: http://www.businessinsider.com/elijah-cummings-letter-to-mike-pence-about-flynn-turkey-lobbying-2017-3

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 10, 2017

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

It's almost as if lying while being a politician has no repercussions because the people who would punish them are their buddies.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It's almost as if lying while being a politician has no repercussions because the people who would punish them are their buddies.

All politicians lie through their teeth constantly. Is this somehow a surprise to people?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Turns out tweeting:

GREAT AGAIN +2326,000 JOBS

was against the law

Trump and spicer broke a law their Republican GodHero, Reagan set up back in the 80s, executive branch cant report on statistical data until an hour after getting the memo

they tweeted it in 11 and 30min

just like swimmin

you gotta wait an hour

cant wait an hour

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

lol how could I forget:
  • Kid named Jr.

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

Oh dear.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'd like to explain to you all why the Republicans choosing to go after health care first was a SUPER bad move and will be a horrible problem for them going forward.

First of all, there is no consensus on this bill. The super nutcases don't think it takes enough people's insurance away. The AARP is opposed to it because it will hurt elderly folks most of all. A now, instead of being a drag on the Democratic Party, it's something the Republicans OWN.

This bill will not pass, and definitely not the way it is now. They can't even get it through the house at the moment, and the Senate are a bunch of stuck up bastards, they don't rubber-stamp House bills it's not what they do. So best case scenario this whole shitshow will drag on for a LONG time and Republicans won't be able to simply blame Democrats for everything to do with healthcare anymore.

Even if the Senate and the House come to some sort of compromise, which honestly doesn't seem super likely, THEN they will face a backlash from their constituents. Every loving dumbass who hated Obamacare because a black man designed it but still relied on it is going to suddenly realize that they are hosed. The super nutcases will NEVER think it goes far enough unless ALL "entitlements" are removed and as many poors denied healthcare as possible.

At the moment, the Senate is against the bill, most of the House is against the bill, the AARP, pretty much every healthcare worker's union, the private insurance companies, the states, everyone.

It was a REALLY stupid move to do this first. They've made promises they can't keep (what the gently caress else does Donald do) to all kinds of different groups and the more time passes the clearer it'll be.

Republicans CAN'T govern. They are completely incapable; they don't agree with each other, they are corrupt and self-serving, they only benefit the rich which will only get more obvious with time. They only really function as naysayers and "the opposition", they have no loving clue what to do now that they are actually expected to get things done. ESPECIALLY with motherfucking Trump at the helm, lmbo.

They should've started with tax reform, honestly. Health care is going to be a bad problem for them. And while it really sucks and is scary to think about losing healthcare, I'd like everyone to give a hearty LOL that these fuckers have gotten themselves into this mess and it IS going to hurt them. They don't know what the gently caress to do and they look like morons, and that will only become more true over time!!

LMAO :)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jose posted:

this has been true for a long time and americans making jokes about british teeth make me lol

And yet somehow British people still have worse teeth? Can anyone explain this to me because I don't get it one bit either.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Play posted:

I'd like to explain to you all why the Republicans choosing to go after health care first was a SUPER bad move and will be a horrible problem for them going forward.

First of all, there is no consensus on this bill. The super nutcases don't think it takes enough people's insurance away. The AARP is opposed to it because it will hurt elderly folks most of all. A now, instead of being a drag on the Democratic Party, it's something the Republicans OWN.

This bill will not pass, and definitely not the way it is now. They can't even get it through the house at the moment, and the Senate are a bunch of stuck up bastards, they don't rubber-stamp House bills it's not what they do. So best case scenario this whole shitshow will drag on for a LONG time and Republicans won't be able to simply blame Democrats for everything to do with healthcare anymore.

Even if the Senate and the House come to some sort of compromise, which honestly doesn't seem super likely, THEN they will face a backlash from their constituents. Every loving dumbass who hated Obamacare because a black man designed it but still relied on it is going to suddenly realize that they are hosed. The super nutcases will NEVER think it goes far enough unless ALL "entitlements" are removed and as many poors denied healthcare as possible.

At the moment, the Senate is against the bill, most of the House is against the bill, the AARP, pretty much every healthcare worker's union, the private insurance companies, the states, everyone.

It was a REALLY stupid move to do this first. They've made promises they can't keep (what the gently caress else does Donald do) to all kinds of different groups and the more time passes the clearer it'll be.

Republicans CAN'T govern. They are completely incapable; they don't agree with each other, they are corrupt and self-serving, they only benefit the rich which will only get more obvious with time. They only really function as naysayers and "the opposition", they have no loving clue what to do now that they are actually expected to get things done. ESPECIALLY with motherfucking Trump at the helm, lmbo.

They should've started with tax reform, honestly. Health care is going to be a bad problem for them. And while it really sucks and is scary to think about losing healthcare, I'd like everyone to give a hearty LOL that these fuckers have gotten themselves into this mess and it IS going to hurt them. They don't know what the gently caress to do and they look like morons, and that will only become more true over time!!

Actually they can and will just blame democrats and Trumpeteers will nod along and shake their fists at conmie liberals and Obama. Lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Play posted:

i don't think this guy got the memo about her emails

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Play posted:

Every loving dumbass who hated Obamacare because a black man designed it but still relied on it is going to suddenly realize that they are hosed.

To play devils advocate, Obamacare is responsible for providing access to health care to around 20 million people, right? The population of the US is 320 million. So, 20/320 = 6.25% of the population. For the sake of argument, let's say half of those people are republicans and half are democrats. So around 3% of the US population will be republicans who lose their access to affordable healthcare thanks to an Obamacare repeal. Is that really going to make much of a difference?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You're already off by 10illion people there

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

NotWearingPants posted:

To play devils advocate, Obamacare is responsible for providing access to health care to around 20 million people, right? The population of the US is 320 million. So, 20/320 = 6.25% of the population. For the sake of argument, let's say half of those people are republicans and half are democrats. So around 3% of the US population will be republicans who lose their access to affordable healthcare thanks to an Obamacare repeal. Is that really going to make much of a difference?

Where did you learn to play Devil's Advocate, Trump University?

10million people affected is a lot of people

hths

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
8 more years, 8 more years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.