Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Pancakes posted:

As a Central Illinois native who was born in 83 my teams are the Cardinals, Bears, Bulls and Blues. Is it any wonder that in my adult life baseball is by far my favorite of the major professional sports? Those other franchises have just rained disappointment down on me.

Sup fellow weird baseball/football fandom goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
What a terrible time it must have been being a Bulls fan in the 90s.

Anyways, have the Cardinals decided how they're going to handle Molina/Kelly? I assume Matheny is going to run Yadi out there to start for 150 games.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 10, 2017

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Pancakes posted:

As a Central Illinois native who was born in 83 my teams are the Cardinals, Bears, Bulls and Blues. Is it any wonder that in my adult life baseball is by far my favorite of the major professional sports? Those other franchises have just rained disappointment down on me.

Pretty sure getting to watch and cheer for Michael Jordan as a kid makes up for whatever the Bulls have been doing since '98.

The other ones, yea, baseball makes sense.

Mike_V posted:

Anyways, have the Cardinals decided how they're going to handle Molina/Kelly? I assume Matheny is going to run Yadi out there to start for 150 games.

He will absolutely run Yadi out there for the maximum amount of games he can get out of him.

Your Taint posted:

Sup fellow weird baseball/football fandom goon.

Cardinals/Bears is weird. I know a million Packers/Cubs fans, assuming that's who you cheer for.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 10, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Mike_V posted:

This year, Yadi as much as possible, Kelly in AAA. after this year, who knows. They want to extend Yadi, no idea how that is gonna work with Kelly around and close to ready.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Mike_V posted:

I assume Yadi for 140 games, Eric Fryer for 10 and Kelly for 10 after callups. Matheny will absolutely run Yadi into the ground. Kelly needs regular AB's and work in game that he won't get at the ML level yet.

And yes, Jordan in the 90's made everything since it worth it, but as an adult the Bulls have not been great.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Intruder posted:

George is dead, why do they still have this stupid policy

Who the gently caress gets distracted by someone's hair

Closer has domestic violence issues? Not a distraction

Team president rips set up man publicly after arbitration? Not a distraction

Rookie who won't break camp with the team has long red hair? GO APE poo poo!!!!!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Ice To Meet You posted:

Okay let's be clear, the Yankees are also bad. And the Cardinals, and Diamondbacks, and also Braves and the Rangers, they're bad too.

ummm. the gently caress? Are you referring to the New York Rangers because Adrian Beltre and Elvis Andrus play for the baseball one...

Yea you probably were, nevermind thats on me :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Regnevelc posted:

I'm going to vandalize every one of these I see.

Same

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

no no no no no, goddamnit no :smith:

https://twitter.com/cbettis35/status/840263497350959104

Just want to hug the guy right now.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Thoroughly enjoying finally being the powerful team everyone hates for once.

That's Cub.

(That's also Blackhawk)

I've hated the Cubs long before they were any good, thanks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

will_colorado posted:

no no no no no, goddamnit no :smith:

https://twitter.com/cbettis35/status/840263497350959104

Just want to hug the guy right now.
Just saw that....it sucks

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/840276305031634944

His weight is so far back what the hell.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Yeah that is an ugly swing, his hands are out front of his back shoulder as he strides forward instead of being further back. He looks completely messed up by the 3rd frame with his bat still pointing up as he's trying to get his elbow slotted.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ice To Meet You posted:

The Cubs were always bad.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Still better than Heyward.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
N: https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/840271769168683008

V: I need video of this more than I've ever needed anything in my life.

edit: V2: I would also accept a Frenchy GIF with Tim Tebow's face photoshopped into it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Raul Ibáñez works too.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
frenchy in the sheets, raul in the streets

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Jays pitcher TJ House took a liner to the head just a little bit ago, they aren't finishing the game.

https://twitter.com/tomyoung590/status/840308891527331840

YeahTubaMike posted:

edit: V2: I would also accept a Frenchy GIF with Tim Tebow's face photoshopped into it.

God I need this.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Inspector_666 posted:

Jays pitcher TJ House took a liner to the head just a little bit ago, they aren't finishing the game.

https://twitter.com/tomyoung590/status/840308891527331840

:ohdear:

Pitchers really need to start wearing those weird pitcher helmets, no matter how dorky they look.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Apparently Tebow has a legit stalker and I am not referring to ESPN.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The woman who got arrested today at Citi Field for trespassing and said she was Tebow's girlfriend?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
"That's Cub" reminds me of that scene in Mean Girls where the one girl tries to make "fetch" work.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sydin posted:

:ohdear:

Pitchers really need to start wearing those weird pitcher helmets, no matter how dorky they look.

We're gonna have a death on the field at some level of the minors or Majors sometime. They gotta wear those helmets.

Don't they even have cap inserts or something for the guys who don't want to wear the helmet?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

I am f5ing Deadspin every 30 seconds.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
You'd think if anyone knew how to throw something it would be Tim Tebow.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

YeahTubaMike posted:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Unless I'm not seeing something, that doesn't look all that bad. Unless it's the camera angle and my eyes playing tricks on me but it looks like it doesn't hit the ground till about shortstop.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Your Taint posted:

You'd think if anyone knew how to throw something it would be Tim Tebow.

I....don't get it.

Although I am wondering now if he has a weird rear end wind up when throwing a baseball too.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Grittybeard posted:

I....don't get it.

Although I am wondering now if he has a weird rear end wind up when throwing a baseball too.

Tim Tebow was a quarterback. Quarterbacks throw things. Ergo, it's logical to assume he'd be good at throwing.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Your Taint posted:

Unless I'm not seeing something, that doesn't look all that bad. Unless it's the camera angle and my eyes playing tricks on me but it looks like it doesn't hit the ground till about shortstop.

Maybe it was a different time during the game. I just grabbed the 1st one I found.

Your Taint posted:

Tim Tebow was a quarterback. Quarterbacks throw things. Ergo, it's logical to assume he'd be good at throwing.

Do you remember seeing Tebow throw in the NFL? He's not.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Your Taint posted:

I see the problem with this assumption

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Your Taint posted:

Yeah that's not nearly as bad as the description makes it out to be.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
He's still got a fairly weak arm and he was really slow getting the ball out of his glove to throw. But it wasn't absolutely terrible.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea but its Tebow so can't really expect neutral news

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't call it a 19 hopper either, it hops twice. Made it sound like he literally spiked the ball 5 feet in front of himself.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
It's certainly not the worst throw I've ever seen but the fact that he does (at best) averagely well at making basically the easiest play possible for an RF is not a good sign for the future.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

I wouldn't call it a 19 hopper either, it hops twice. Made it sound like he literally spiked the ball 5 feet in front of himself.

Yeah, i was expecting something much more disastrous.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Someone make a realistic Tebow in OOTP and force start him in RF and see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bewbies posted:

Someone make a realistic Tebow in OOTP and force start him in RF and see what happens.

OOTP 18 will presumable include him as a minor leaguer for the Mets, right?

• Locked thread