Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Moola posted:

just the ice cream for me thanks

Is Zerkova good outside theme now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every new vid of DoW3 i watch, i seem to find something new to pick at.
Why do the Eldar structures seem so lifeless and not Eldar-esque enough? Why do the Spess Mahreens sound like Orks half the time? Why does the voice acting in general (particularly Orks but also, in general) seem all over the place? Why does the Pulse Laser on the Falcon fire twisty, curvy balls of light, rather than a momentary beam of light? Why do Lascannons continuously fire and ramp up over time? Why is there only one multiplayer mode on launch and why does it have to have an ancient you have to kill to win?

That last one in particular - I mean, how is that available before standard multiplayer? Is it because all of their maps are poo poo and they, just like Starcraft back in the beginning of its life, don't have a dude dedicated to make fun, interesting and balanced maps? It makes me think they just tried to take what DoW2 did with their maps and not actually understand why it works there and not in something like DoW3; it was about map control, all about map control and reducing your opponent's VPs to nil. It was nigh impossible to actually kill the opponents base, unless it was 3v3 and even then...

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/40k-rumors-guilliman-planning-new-space-marines.html

New Space Marines ewww

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Well, that's one way to go to Age of the Empire. Rowboat Girlyman decides to say 'gently caress all you other chapters, we're making a whole new legion of Ultramarine successors because they're the only trustworthy ones'.

Cue removing everything interesting about the Spess Mehreens.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

quote:

…Imagine how the sigmarines are to the standard empire soldier. Wouldn’t it be a weird twist of fate if AoS copy pasted space marines into the fantasy setting as Sigmar’s answer to chaos always winning, that somehow w40k kind of copy pasted the end times and reboot of fantasy AoS into 40k with the same fundamental idea….. hence new marines will spearhead offensive for the emperor following on from current w40k fluff events/outcome.

So this is how they're rebooting Bretonnians, right? Right?!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Liquid Communism posted:

Well, that's one way to go to Age of the Empire. Rowboat Girlyman decides to say 'gently caress all you other chapters, we're making a whole new legion of Ultramarine successors because they're the only trustworthy ones'.

Cue removing everything interesting about the Spess Mehreens.

Declaring all other chapters heretics could be amusing.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

So this is how they're rebooting Bretonnians, right? Right?!

No they were the Stormfront Eternals.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I kind of like the idea of the Ultramarines abandoning the Imperium and having a third-party marine faction that isn't bogged down by dogma. But I'm sure that's not what will happen.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

All the other SMs getting together to stomp a hole in Rawbutt would be pretty great though. Because that's some heretical poo poo he's getting up to. Maybe you'll be able to ally with Fabius.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

No they were the Stormfront Eternals.

What the? Space knights would be :krad: and go with retro wave

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

None of the other chapters are getting squatted of course because you'll be able to use them in Forge World's 30k game! :downs:

Chill la Chill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdTo29dlnE

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

"We've figured out how to make Ogryns into Space Marines, made new, bigger armour for them and tied a regular Marine to each of their arms and legs."

Each Imperial army MUST have at least a squad of five, and each Ogmaryne costs £75 and is made of the lovely resin, not even the good stuff that FW uses.

Next year will see the release of Chaos Ogmarynes.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

Am I crazy or was there some sort of 80s cartoon where people rode flying robotic horses but had lances and stuff to do space jousts with? Because that would be rad.

I will settle for someone turning on an Iron Men machine and it churning out ROMs, though.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ashcans posted:

Am I crazy or was there some sort of 80s cartoon where people rode flying robotic horses but had lances and stuff to do space jousts with? Because that would be rad.

I will settle for someone turning on an Iron Men machine and it churning out ROMs, though.

I feel like there was at some point, but even right now there's this whole LEGO Nexo Knights thing that also fits that sort of aesthetic.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
40k thread is officially now Death Thread v2: Age of the Boogaloo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ashcans posted:

food court bailiff posted:

I feel like there was at some point, but even right now there's this whole LEGO Nexo Knights thing that also fits that sort of aesthetic.

Seriously, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdTo29dlnE

I have no idea if this was on where you are, probably not if you're in the states because this was a kiwi show, but it's off the charts nostalgia for my childhood here in Arrakis Australia

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 10, 2017

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:stare:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Screw it, I'm going to paint some rad Bret models I found in retro Jojo 80s style. It sounds :krad: in my head but in reality it'll probably mean the models come full circle and look like old warhams models with neon green bases e: purple grass with neon green bases. They make purple grass somewhere right?!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

Seriously, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdTo29dlnE

I have no idea if this was on where you are, probably not if you're in the states because this was a kiwi show, but it's off the charts nostalgia for my childhood here in Arrakis Australia

I watched that! Although it wasn't anything I had seen as a kid, (un)fortunately. I was thinking of something a lot more like Saber Rider, only with knights, and I have a clear mental image of someone riding a robot horse that has rockets instead of legs. Its possible I made this up though. Maybe it was some sort of voltron thing?

Also, the 80s had a weird number of space-hero shows featuring a dude in a cowboy hat.

When are space cowboys due for their revival? I totally want a guy with a cyborg horse where his horse turns into a robot dude with a rocket launcher, I don't remember Bravestarr being that rad.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You guys seen the 40k thread? Full on mirror to the fantasy thread before it received Sigmars Judgement

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Ashcans posted:

When are space cowboys due for their revival? I totally want a guy with a cyborg horse where his horse turns into a robot dude with a rocket launcher, I don't remember Bravestarr being that rad.
You need a gunhorse:

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/05/19

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ashcans posted:

I watched that! Although it wasn't anything I had seen as a kid, (un)fortunately. I was thinking of something a lot more like Saber Rider, only with knights, and I have a clear mental image of someone riding a robot horse that has rockets instead of legs. Its possible I made this up though. Maybe it was some sort of voltron thing?

Also, the 80s had a weird number of space-hero shows featuring a dude in a cowboy hat.

These look rad but before My Time. Space cowboys was in the late 90s with Cowboy Bebop, the actual space cowboy movie, and it continued with the meh Firefly. Space cowboys would be a p cool revival. We're kinda getting that with stuff like Westworld but it's more just sci-fi cowboys. I think there was even a weird Cthulhu cowboy and more Weird West stuff recently. But not Tru Space Cowboysᵀᴹ

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The first new Rebout Marine will take off its helmet, and underneath will be Roman Reigns. Loyalists and heretics alike will bond together mercilessly booing it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Who will be the new Serious Gaylord?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
SRM

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Highlights of the 40k thread right now are SG showing up to tell them it will all end in tears and Greenmarine posting to confirm he closed the AOS thread because it wasn't enough of a hug box.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Holy poo poo it's like a 25th anniversary reunion episode :stare:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The best part has always been 40k people talking about how great AoS was, then panicking and frantically denying it could ever happen to 40k whenever there's a hint it might.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skinty McEdger posted:

Highlights of the 40k thread right now are SG showing up to tell them it will all end in tears and Greenmarine posting to confirm he closed the AOS thread because it wasn't enough of a hug box.

I lol'd too. I mean nevermind the cool bat rep that TKIY posted here where he went over the things he did during the game and mistakes they made with pictures.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 10, 2017

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

I lol'd too. I mean nevermind the cool bat rep that one poster posted here where he went over the things he did during the game and mistakes they made with pictures.

Yeah that was me. Thank you for calling it cool. I feel validated now.

I guess I wasn't happy enough?

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
AoS picked up so much and is super good. It silenced all the haters. It got rid of the grogs. If you don't like the changes to the game you've invested thousands of dollars into then you're a grog. You don't want to be a grog do you? Buy GW's poo poo or be a grog.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I didn't realize Mango Polo was still running the Games Twerkshop twitter!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sir Teabag posted:

AoS picked up so much and is super good. It silenced all the haters. It got rid of the grogs. If you don't like the changes to the game you've invested thousands of dollars into then you're a grog. You don't want to be a grog do you? Buy GW's poo poo or be a grog.

tfw this is what being a 4e D&D supremacist on the heels of the 5e revolution feels like, though tbh I don't really care since star wars rpg is so much better than either.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Skinty McEdger posted:

What's funny is that I did my very best not to shitpost in the AoS thread and only post about legitimate problems I had with how GW was handling AoS. :shrug:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Bad Moon posted:

I lol'd too. I mean nevermind the cool bat rep that TKIY posted here where he went over the things he did during the game and mistakes they made with pictures.
I love that it was the final post. A guy doing a really good effort post with pictures with some (honestly mild) criticism.

TOO MUCH

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

How dare you play this game and then post about it reasonably! I said good day sir!

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Skinty McEdger posted:

Has anyone asked him what it's like to be a little bitch? Because that's being a little bitch.
Speaking of bitches Custodes getting a boxed set with a Land Raider, Dreadnought, 10+ dudes and I think a Rhino Chassis. None of them are in Jojos Mode though. No idea of the price and it's Custodes so IDGAF really. I kind of want the new Warpath starters though. So many Space Dorfs. Problem is it comes with Enforcers as well and I don't need less bulky Space Marines.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

How dare you play this game and then post about it reasonably! I said good day sir!

I am a bit of a motherfucker.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

There are a ton of good things about AoS. And how they are handling that game is amazing for GW. The game plays fast and fun and is solid competitively. And they adjust the competitive level regulary. So "AoSing" rules wise would actually be amazing. I don't think it's going to go that far but let's be real. If they'd released points and the match play book when AoS started it would have taken off like a rocket. The fact that it is growing pretty fast at a competitive level now in the US indicates they're doing something right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I wonder how much of AoS's alleged success can be attributed to PP's seeming stumble on MK3? The supposed pick up and the big stink around MK3 ruining everything forever seemed to happen at the same time.

• Locked thread