Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
So, what's good this week? Mr. Gaz forgot to turn the ARMOR XP bonus on, so I'm not prestiging, yet. I tried joining an SSB group even though I'm not boosting and it was less efficient than soloing. Cosmic Kurse/Kurt until my eyes bleed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I am re watching the original xmen movie. Haven't seen it since 2000. Let's see if it is as bad as Marvel Heroes.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Wow, they didn't just nerf deliberate tempo, they also halved follow through.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

This has always been their balance philosophy, despite this being a non-competitive, effectively-single-player game.

Yeah, what even is the concept of "balance" in this context? What does it matter how characters perform relative to each other as long as they all meet or exceed a threshold of effectiveness and engaging gameplay in their own roles?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I wish there was a cyclops wolverine buddy cop film.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

McSpanky posted:

Yeah, what even is the concept of "balance" in this context? What does it matter how characters perform relative to each other as long as they all meet or exceed a threshold of effectiveness and engaging gameplay in their own roles?

You want characters within a certain range of each other so people don't feel pressured to play a different character because they outperform their favorite character to the point where gearing up their favorite is done significantly faster by playing a different character and loot wagoning their favorite.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I will say this, as far as I know there isn't any character that fails the effectiveness threshold of "beating the Cosmic Trial if you at least have level 60 items" anymore.

Also Punisher's fun now, holy poo poo! How!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

I will say this, as far as I know there isn't any character that fails the effectiveness threshold of "beating the Cosmic Trial if you at least have level 60 items" anymore.

That's because the Cosmic Trial is locked to red and not even vaguely indicative of the content it locks.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

the animation patch was extremely kind to murder eeyore once they unfucked his only good reload talent

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

tc patch notes posted:

The Cosmic Demon Spawn affix has been retired from the game. On your gear you will notice that this affix has been rerolled to Cosmic Might.

If you're hunting for a good cosmic, watch for ones with the N'garai proc.

tc patch notes posted:

Deadpool’s Hulk Hand Arrow was playing a voice over effect on activation much more frequently than intended, which has been corrected.

:toot: I made a thread complaining about it and they're fixing it.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 10, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I kinda want an option in game settings or w/e to set all unique voice lines at 100% activation rate. Like, I'm sure I'd get sick of it periodically but it would kick rear end to have Iron Fist shouting out the name of his stances every .5 seconds like a fighting game

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Same but just for

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

drat icr did you ever find that copy of Arboc's s96 vid?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mover posted:

I kinda want an option in game settings or w/e to set all unique voice lines at 100% activation rate. Like, I'm sure I'd get sick of it periodically but it would kick rear end to have Iron Fist shouting out the name of his stances every .5 seconds like a fighting game

The iron man teamup literally did this when it launched.

It was terrible.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Is Doom still poo poo?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

malhavok posted:

Is Doom still poo poo?

Nah Doom 2016 was a great game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Fist at 2:28 ttk on the TC and people still crying that he is unplayable :laugh:

malhavok posted:

Is Doom still poo poo?

He's good. Unless you want to completely rely on his pets and do nothing then he is poo poo(but so are all pet classes if you expect their pets to just solo everything for you).

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Iron Fist at 2:28 ttk on the TC and people still crying that he is unplayable :laugh:

Isn't that pretty bad?

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
I would love an invite. Game name is same as here "thejetcityfix"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

malhavok posted:

Isn't that pretty bad?

It's on the lower end, but this is also the first TC patch so they could still bump the deliberate tempo talent up a bit. Also the guy who did the test didn't mention what his live ttk was so it doesn't mean much besides the fact that IF isn't completely terrible like captain america

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4126513#Comment_4126513

e: 1:58

quote:

Not amazingly geared out on my Iron Fist like those 41s ttk Iron Fists but I did my testing and got a 1:58 with talents: 21132

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 10, 2017

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Actually, the 'outrageously high infinity points' isn't really outrageous at all. With 1100% boosts, it was possible pre story mode @60 nerfs to get around 14-15 infinity per hour @1200 infinity doing hero prestiges and then doing all the good story mode quests @60. Of course, as you get higher infinity, that will drop but even at 1800+, it would have been 10+ per hour so let's us 12 infinity per hour as the average.

So the nerf was implemented 20 days (3 weeks) after patch went live. So let's say you played 2.5 hours on weekdays and 5 hours on weekends for (not even no-life-ing like some would suggest as some players play far more) for 22.5 hours a week so 67.5 hours total, it would be 1810 infinity (assuming you started at 1000 and had 0 chests already stored.

Now, what would the cost be for the boosts for 70 hours of 1100? 2 stacks of cosmic penta, omega, summer, iboost, 3 stacks of winter, plus some 50%/100% bars from FC cards etc. That is around 11 stacks of 2750 for around 30000-35000 Gs. Would be expensive $200 USD+ but then again, if it is 75%-90% coupon, it becomes pretty reasonable in terms of cost.

Honestly, the only thing that was stopping some players like me from getting higher was that our roster was already all red/cosmic so didn't have enough heroes to prestige.

So no, you don't need to bot (or even no lifing) to hit 1600+. Actually, botting to be #1 would be pretty dumb because MH doesn't have a huge player base. And since devs are looking at the top infinity players and it would be pretty easy to see if the player is botting.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grinning Goblin posted:

Actually, the 'outrageously high infinity points' isn't really outrageous at all. With 1100% boosts, it was possible pre story mode @60 nerfs to get around 14-15 infinity per hour @1200 infinity doing hero prestiges and then doing all the good story mode quests @60. Of course, as you get higher infinity, that will drop but even at 1800+, it would have been 10+ per hour so let's us 12 infinity per hour as the average.

So the nerf was implemented 20 days (3 weeks) after patch went live. So let's say you played 2.5 hours on weekdays and 5 hours on weekends for (not even no-life-ing like some would suggest as some players play far more) for 22.5 hours a week so 67.5 hours total, it would be 1810 infinity (assuming you started at 1000 and had 0 chests already stored.

Now, what would the cost be for the boosts for 70 hours of 1100? 2 stacks of cosmic penta, omega, summer, iboost, 3 stacks of winter, plus some 50%/100% bars from FC cards etc. That is around 11 stacks of 2750 for around 30000-35000 Gs. Would be expensive $200 USD+ but then again, if it is 75%-90% coupon, it becomes pretty reasonable in terms of cost.

Honestly, the only thing that was stopping some players like me from getting higher was that our roster was already all red/cosmic so didn't have enough heroes to prestige.

So no, you don't need to bot (or even no lifing) to hit 1600+. Actually, botting to be #1 would be pretty dumb because MH doesn't have a huge player base. And since devs are looking at the top infinity players and it would be pretty easy to see if the player is botting.

lol

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

And the fact that the current highest Infinity Points total was lower than expected should tell you any of:
1. Gaz is really bad at math and didn't calculate this stuff remotely correctly
2. Gaz is really bad at statistics and predicting player behavior and spending trends
3. Gaz is really bad at both

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I'm still never going to get why they nerfed story @ 60 just from a content perspective. Sure it may have meant that people were getting infinity points too quickly (their own empirical data suggests they overshot, but pretend this was warranted), but at least it meant people were playing story. In fact, it meant smart players were completing all ten chapters before prestiging, just to get those sweet sweet XP bonuses. Granted, at the time of the nerf, it was easy to zone straight to the things that yielded the most XP, but they fixed that.

Now? I took Wolverine green->yellow and X-23 white->yellow this event and the only time I even saw Grim Reaper, much less the end of chapter 3, was yellow. I also stopped story the very second I hit 60 both times, which was further than usual but still skipping half of their "fresh" content. With rewards this low, it's not worth doing anything but making grinder fodder as fast as possible, or else just playing actual endgame modes. After they just revamped all of story (and have never made a secret about hating prestige costumes->grinder), you'd think neither of these would be what they actually want the player base doing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The fact that they went through exactly this with Omegas means they didn't learn a single loving thing.

Also lol that the devs would easily see someone botting when in their own advertising they highlight that the top player was in the game for more than 18 hours a day.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

On the bright side, I'm like P3-levels excited that Punisher's good again, it's taking me back to when he was my early days starter.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Good to know IF is still the business.

He was my second favorite melee before the revamp, looks like he's still fun.

Punisher being good is just icing on the cake.

BUT WHAT ABOUT BLADE AND PSYLOCKE AND STAR LORD

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Degs posted:

Haven't seen any Psylocke or Punisher builds in the thread yet, but here's 3 builds for Star Lord, and here's one for Blade.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

Haven't seen any Psylocke or Punisher builds in the thread yet, but here's 3 builds for Star Lord, and here's one for Blade.

Wow three Star Lord builds? What is this?!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Psylocke will always be awful until she gets a VAU (voice acting update).

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Degs posted:

Blade is v.good, particularly Melee with the ranged sig. Psylocke and Star-Lord are fine, so long as you're not a weird pervert who wanted ranged Psylocke. Not sure I'd call IF "the business" as of next patch, but he's still kind of fine maybe. It's hard to say, since he's still sitting with glitched defense but his AoE is trash. The way some of these updates in this patch are going, I expect they'll fix his glitched defense and push him live squishier, still single target, and not particularly good at that even.

e:

Degs posted:

Wow three Star Lord builds? What is this?!

If you didn't notice, the two gun builds are essentially identical. One of them uses the element gun spender with the element gun ammo bonuses, the other uses the non-elemental spender with a flat bonus to all types, but they essentially do the same thing. You're essentially just changing whether you cycle between the loaders and blast in a chain, or using the spender on multiple types before switching. They aren't even different powers on the tree; changing that last talent changes the powers in question for you.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 11, 2017

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

All talk. No trousers.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Psylocke and Star-Lord are fine, so long as you're not a weird pervert who wanted ranged Psylocke.

That's funny, because I was sure they'd ruin the melee build and make ranged viable.

Can she still stack dots and clones and assassinate? I dunno how stats and poo poo work now, or how limiting the three trees are.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Degs posted:

All talk. No trousers.

That's funny, because I was sure they'd ruin the melee build and make ranged viable.

Can she still stack dots and clones and assassinate? I dunno how stats and poo poo work now, or how limiting the three trees are.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/2400/

Do this. If you click the user name, her Punisher is the good one too.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Blade is, literally, the best hero in the game right now. Talents: 11312

Amazing mob clear abilities in hyper-toxin grenade, whip lash, and whittle into kindling. The grenade is pretty strong, but has an on-death effect of another explosion that guarantees you'll wipe out entire groups. Whip Lash and Whittle, the latter especially due to its huge area, apply his strong bleed to everything they hit so a simple tap will kill every normal mob.

He also one-shots bosses with his knife throw sig that has a guaranteed brutal and combines really well with the 10 stack starving bonus he can take, on top of having a great cooldown reduction mechanic that works with the bonus charges he can get on his cooldown powers.

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 11, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Blade is, literally, the best hero in the game right now.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Blade is, literally, the best hero in the game right now. Talents: 11312

Amazing mob clear abilities in hyper-toxin grenade, whip lash, and whittle into kindling. The grenade is pretty strong, but has an on-death effect of another explosion that guarantees you'll wipe out entire groups. Whip Lash and Whittle, the latter especially due to its huge area, apply his strong bleed to everything they hit so a simple tap will kill every normal mob.

He also one-shots bosses with his knife throw sig that has a guaranteed brutal and combines really well with the 10 stack starving bonus he can take, on top of having a great cooldown reduction mechanic that works with the bonus charges he can get on his cooldown powers.

Build?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

It's in the post. That's what the numbers are.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

gear is pretty simple, fraglite plus all his uniques if you want. I use shades and 2 cosmics with extra cdr/bdr/cr/br on them and go for those sweet huge red numbers. I've had the sig hit upwards of 12m or so, just on the final hit, with the preceding 10 knives hitting upwards of 1.6m on brutals.

Artifacts are pretty basic as well, go for the str/fight stuff you have. Special mention to an artifact nobody ever uses: Ultron Bi-Level Concussion Projector. His bleed applies a permanent slow to everything from the tier 2 talent, so that artifact is actually pretty good.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

The armor target buff for juggernaut doesn't seem to be getting cleared after beating him on green terminal. Time to stock up on catalysts I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Are armor bounties generally timed like splinters or are they just random, so killing high density gets you more?