Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

trash person posted:

Oh poo poo I get to play this game in six days. poo poo came up quick!

Wonder what the TTF (time to gently caress) stat is in the game. If I'm not banging some aliens by Thursday evening I'll be very disappointed and demand a refund

yeah, wish i could play it over my spring break, but oh well. glad its soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I'm glad 'hideous eye-searing color schemes' are still an option in MP (Phone shot from someone at PAX).

Man, those system requirements were way off if we can still play the game in CGA Pallette 1.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Here's the whole gallery someone posted in the ME3MP discord:
https://imgur.com/gallery/hMC6l
Some class spoilers, and confirmation that there is an enemy compass now.

Here's the only class you'll ever need though:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
KROGAN VANGUARD WITH NOVA

gently caress yes gently caress all the Yes

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I will only play MP in a squad of all krogan

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
revolution 61 is looking good

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I really hope that this game lets you be a space conquistador. I want to burn the ark ships to once we arrive over the first habitable planet. There is only one direction for humanity in andromeda: forward :black101:

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Ein Sexmonster posted:

That is a proper krogan reason to travel 600 light years to another galaxy

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So their big dumb intial plan was Find some Worlds and set the system up to where we'd go from there hoping the GOLDEN WORLDS would sustain us. Well I guess Ryder checks out now if this whole initiative was that stupid.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

One thing I'm not a fan of, apparently you only get one copy of an augment when you research it, and then unlock the ability for more of them to randomly drop. But you can't buy additional copies manually.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Kurieg posted:

One thing I'm not a fan of, apparently you only get one copy of an augment when you research it, and then unlock the ability for more of them to randomly drop. But you can't buy additional copies manually.

Its like the learned the exact opposite problem of Dead Space 3. People want to be able to get poo poo they know how to make. Not spend literal days collecting the poo poo to make them.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Kurieg posted:

So like Ryder learns how to make it, makes it, then forgets how to make it but they are now somehow scattered across Andromeda?

I can't wait to hear fan lore theories to explain this.

But this sounds dumb because it just means I will never use my augments for fear that I will never get another one. I don't like this and I don't like the whole hazard mechanic either.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It also means researching poo poo is potentially a bad idea because it increases your drop pool.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

AngryBooch posted:

How is colonizing an uninhabited habitable system in Andromeda any different from the Milky Way?

The difference is that these worlds ARE inhabited, something the Andromeda Initiative clearly anticipated (from the videos), but didn't care enough about to rethink any part of their extremely dumb and negligent plan.

Still, I'm clearly just annoying people so I'll shut up now. :)

HaitianDivorce posted:

Holy poo poo. Who are you reading, John Ringo?

Haha, that was a great joke but then I looked it up and it actually WAS him :sigh: Ah, the perils of growing up in a town where recreation options for teens w/o cars are 1) hang out at the post office/gas station/lovely diner combo, 2) trudge through six loving feet of snow or 3) desperately search through the shack of a used book store for something new to read.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Kurieg posted:

It also means researching poo poo is potentially a bad idea because it increases your drop pool.

But what if that means you permanently gimp yourself in weapons and armor if no research ever? NO NEED TO WORRY, MICROSTRANSACTIONS ARE HERE FOR YOU.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

High level biotic power. Render your enemy 2D.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
One thing that bothered me about the animations once I noticed it is that the human and asari characters lips stretch really far off of their faces when they talk. I can't not look for it when I see more footage of conversations now.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The one thing that bothers me is I won't be able to put the tentacle-head cat people into cages, like a zoo. The best I can hope for is an abstracted work camp.

Still, looking forward to civilizing those poncho wearing nerds.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Don't think this has been posted yet, but footage of Liam's loyalty mission from PAX. Little more action packed than the first video today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OitlhG0oIM

Procedural generated cover could be... interesting?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Here's the whole gallery someone posted in the ME3MP discord:
https://imgur.com/gallery/hMC6l
Some class spoilers, and confirmation that there is an enemy compass now.

If the Nova isn't triggered by him headbutting the ground I just don't know man.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I really can't decide if "I'm only human, after all, don't put the blame on me" in a game about humanity invading another galaxy and getting into a fight with the residents is incredibly inspired or stupid as hell.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Milky Moor posted:

I really can't decide if "I'm only human, after all, don't put the blame on me" in a game about humanity invading another galaxy and getting into a fight with the residents is incredibly inspired or stupid as hell.

historically accurate

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Milky Moor posted:

It's about the writers of ME3's ending.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
game looks mostly good i like mass effect.

But also the human facial animations look reaaaaally rough still so close to launch. When will BioWare hire competent animators?

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
should've used gently caress the pain away

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm sorry, is this some kind of mass effect gatling gun?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Ages posted:

Don't think this has been posted yet, but footage of Liam's loyalty mission from PAX. Little more action packed than the first video today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OitlhG0oIM

Procedural generated cover could be... interesting?

Someone needs to gif opening the door to a turret and Liam immediately closing the door. That got a chuckle out of me.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
http://i.imgur.com/xQwLVLp.gifv

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Ein Sexmonster posted:

:hellyeah:

This one mp character is heaps more interesting than the sp cast. Why can't I play the story as this guy instead?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It's a trick shot

She's listed as a gunslinger for a reason

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

So they showed a little of the new mining mechanic in this video and uhhhhhhh i don't think I like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGG1zbjbBaM&t=80s

It seems like it's basically the same thing as old planet scanning minigame, except you physically have to drive the nomad to the spot with the most minerals. They mark nodes on the map, and you drive to the vicinity, and then you bring up a little meter and play what appears to be mineral hot and cold until you find a spot with a satisfyingly high enough count to call down a probe.

Maybe you'll not have to do too much of it? I'm not thrilled with what I saw there.

Sorry if we already bitched about this pages ago i don't actually read posts in this thread

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jesus, she's actually holding it backward? Come on Bioware, I know budgets are a thing but surely you could do a bit better.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

So they showed a little of the new mining mechanic in this video and uhhhhhhh i don't think I like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGG1zbjbBaM&t=80s

It seems like it's basically the same thing as old planet scanning minigame, except you physically have to drive the nomad to the spot with the most minerals. They mark nodes on the map, and you drive to the vicinity, and then you bring up a little meter and play what appears to be mineral hot and cold until you find a spot with a satisfyingly high enough count to call down a probe.

Maybe you'll not have to do too much of it? I'm not thrilled with what I saw there.

Sorry if we already bitched about this pages ago i don't actually read posts in this thread

And you have to craft every upgrade for the not-Mako. And buy/get rewarded/get a lucky drop/find the schematics for the upgrades.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Thank god for Cheat Engine, cause gently caress grinding.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

SgtSteel91 posted:

Someone needs to gif opening the door to a turret and Liam immediately closing the door. That got a chuckle out of me.

Yeah, but my favorite part (other than the dev repeatedly dying at the beginning) was Ryder and Liam taking turns hanging up on the mission's villain mid-rant while the two argued about something or other.

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

And you have to craft every upgrade for the not-Mako. And buy/get rewarded/get a lucky drop/find the schematics for the upgrades.

Brainstorming session: what are all the lovely un-fun game mechanics that people hate? Let's be sure to include all of those in the next Mass Effect game.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
My only hopes for this game is that you can get poo poo faced at a bar again in typical ME fashion complete with bad alcohol physics and a shotglass not quite in your hand.

The other is that I hope they kept the galaxy map music.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Thank god for Cheat Engine, cause gently caress grinding.

Yeah I'm gonna have to learn to use cheat engine, looks like. I just hope that using it doesn't gently caress with your ability to play multiplayer at all, because I also want to play that (I do not want to cheat in MP, even if you somehow can, which I hope you can't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Has anyone made a discord for organizing Multiplayer or are we all just going to use an existing one?