Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nuns with Guns posted:

Bad Machinery is very good and I'm upset irl that it's being put on hiatus in favor of Shelly Winters adventures

The all-devouring ginger beast will not be denied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Mildred's parallel park in yesterday's strip just slew me.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Roach Warehouse posted:

Mildred's parallel park in yesterday's strip just slew me.

technically perfect

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Nuns with Guns posted:

Bad Machinery is very good and I'm upset irl that it's being put on hiatus in favor of Shelly Winters adventures

Allison tweeted that he's exhausted by the 6 month slogathons he's being doing with each Bad Machinery story and wants to do shorter stuff for a bit.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
The suspense of the 4-times-a-week update schedule is killing me more than ever with the climax of this arc approaching.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Allison tweeted that he's exhausted by the 6 month slogathons he's being doing with each Bad Machinery story and wants to do shorter stuff for a bit.

I can get that there are a ton of valid reasons to take a break from Bad Machinery. I just don't enjoy reading manic pixie ginger lady as much.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

A friend of mine introduced me to this comic

Guardians of the Video Game

I've been EXTREMELY pleasantly surprised by it. Hand-drawn pixel art is a bit odd but other than that it's really intriguing. A player playing an old-school RPG doing a pacifist run and the behind-the-scenes stuff having to make it work, but with intrigue and backstabbing and betrayal as well.

khy fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 10, 2017

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

khy posted:

A friend of mine introduced me to this comic

Guardians of the Video Game

I've been EXTREMELY pleasantly surprised by it. Hand-drawn pixel art is a bit odd but other than that it's really intriguing. A player playing an old-school RPG doing a pacifist run and the behind-the-scenes stuff having to make it work, but with intrigue and backstabbing and betrayal as well.

Waaaay too much scrolling. Even just scrolling rapidly through, without reading it, it was too much scrolling.

loving "infinite canvas" strikes again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pyroclastic posted:

Waaaay too much scrolling. Even just scrolling rapidly through, without reading it, it was too much scrolling.

Yeah, there's some generally good stuff on both Webtoons and Tapastic, but both platforms have decided to shoot themselves in the foot with the same unwieldy garbage infinite canvas layout.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Aren't those formats Mobile Optimized? Makes sense when you look at them that way

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Straight White Shark posted:

The all-devouring ginger beast will not be denied

Why does it matter, all of his characters basically talk the same and do the same things anyway. Just pretend she's Charlotte or whoever

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Have you ever wondered if Petunia has like

Traumatic experiences

Maybe of the childhood variety?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Aren't those formats Mobile Optimized? Makes sense when you look at them that way

that seems to be the idea, unfortunately basically every comic on them but lovely lensflare sprite comic is totally illegible on a phone-sized screen

it's a lesser degree of the same kind of clever decisionmaking that leads to people hosting their comics on Tumblr, the one web platform that will comprehensively prevent you from displaying your images at full size.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 11, 2017

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Have you ever wondered if Petunia has like

Traumatic experiences

Maybe of the childhood variety?

That is what the alt text implies, yes.

But seriously, she is the most tightly wrapped and overly wrung ragged ball of rage and worry I've ever seen in a character in a comic and it's both hilarious and frightening. I'm awaiting the day when she snaps and just hauls rear end on something or someone out of left field and literally not a single person sees it coming.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
speaking of webtoons fare, sword interval has wrapped up its latest arc. hell of a stinger. it's a good time to catch up if you don't mind the interface too much.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Like, I will give Tapastic credit over Webtoons, it's better designed to mitigate the infinite canvas than WT is. It has soft page ends and auto skip buttons that minimize scrolling through the infinite canvas, and it's sidebar lets you jump to anywhere in the whole comic's archive.

That said, if the artist usually includes a link to their main site on either platform, I'll usually bookmark that instead of putting up with Tapastic or Webtoons.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Pyroclastic posted:

Lmao if you think that's bad I'd love to see you look at Noblesse. There are panels in that with nearly an entire screen's worth of white space between them. Not saying it's not stupid or anything, you just get used to it after a while if you're interested in the webtoon.

I've just come to think of webtoons as their own beast at this point, like how comics and manga are similar but seperate. It sucks that reading a webtoon means a full panel's worth of white space separating every panel, but that's the format I guess.

And no, reading it on mobile doesn't make it any better. It just means you have even more scrolling to do. I put up with it because I really enjoy The God of High School and Tower Of God but if it turns you off you're absolutely not alone.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Pyroclastic posted:

If you can get past the Webtoon layout it really is worth reading though.

Helps that my mouse has multiple profiles so one profile I set to scroll like 30 lines at a time instead of the usual 3 or 4.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

So, I think we can safely say we know why Petunia hates her mom. And why she's a pacifist too.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

She definitely did pass a fist through Poppy's face.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hah, the next page after that mentions Max's Shred Eagle brand shoes. drat, Zack plays long games with characters and the like.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i signed up for a naver account a few weeks ago and was thinking of making a webtoon, but lol at the list of forbidden content

"promote a superstitious or unscientific lifestyle" is my favourite

Avshalom fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 12, 2017

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I now want to make a webtoon with the goal of seeing how many items I could knock off that lost before being banned

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
sword interval hits a few of them, which makes me wonder how stringent the moderation policy really is, but i'm not going to test it. my comic about gambling addicts committing mass suicide by flying planes into the twin towers will have to remain on smackjeeves where it is welcome

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

deemed to be harmful to the minor

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
wrong thread

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Avshalom posted:

sword interval hits a few of them, which makes me wonder how stringent the moderation policy really is, but i'm not going to test it. my comic about gambling addicts committing mass suicide by flying planes into the twin towers will have to remain on smackjeeves where it is welcome

Do they have orgies in the plane so that they come at the precise moment of the crash?

I think that was the plot of a movie, except with cars instead of planes. With planes you could replace David Cronenberg with Michael Bay or Roland Emmerich or something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Avshalom posted:

"promote a superstitious or unscientific lifestyle" is my favourite
"Promote or enable monetary transactions". The Hayes Code called, they want their inanity back.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

RIP The Wendlefield Mystery Kids.

Also don't channel Trump, Shauna, you're better than that.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also don't channel Trump, Shauna, you're better than that.

But she's in a situation where she needs to get the other person to focus on her words instead of what she's doing, and to throw them off balance by infuriating them!

It seems like the perfect time to channel Trump.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

PMush Perfect posted:

"Promote or enable monetary transactions". The Hayes Code called, they want their inanity back.

I think this is just an odd way of wording no advertisements mid-comic.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
badnix's current guest comic is promising

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Magnolia Porter continues to be an amazingly deft visual storyteller, being able to wrap up a mystery that has lingered for over two years now in two panels with ^almost no dialog.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 15, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Nice to have Poppy back. Lily making progress is a great sign, though we'll see if Kit winds up neglecting her relationships as much as her sleep schedule.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Nooo Kit stop. Don't waste the little time you have left with Poppy.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Nice to have Poppy back. Lily making progress is a great sign, though we'll see if Kit winds up neglecting her relationships as much as her sleep schedule.

Using Lily's art progress as a way to show the passage of time is a really neat way to go about it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is that Boris helping her train?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

Is that Boris helping her train?

Yeah, that's why Lily's teacher is so excited in that panel.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not sure which I'd prefer, Boris to get more actively involved once in a while or to just continue to be The Chillest Background Guyfriend Who Has An Outrageous Stage Persona.

He's great either way you slice it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Please don't slice Boris. :ohdear:

• Locked thread