Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bondster
May 6, 2007

TwoPair posted:

:ssh: I actually really liked Jojo #1 but I'm not very far into the show and from what I've seen on the internet, I know a lot of folks don't care for him.

It's because compared to the rest of the Jojo's, Jonathan pales in comparison. I mean just look at what we have now. Joseph is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Of all the weekends to be out of town it had to be this weekend. Here's hoping I find an internet connection that lets me watch DirecTV Now without problem.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P4pbqnh33A

I feel like we gotta be ramping up at at least an announcement.
I call June.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Your pretty face is going back to Hell April 2.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

Your pretty face is going back to Hell April 2.

Without Teehead. :(

RIP VC.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/840316661521608704

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm guessing Attack on Titan Season 2, maybe a sumuldub even.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Funimation has already confirmed AOT S2 is basically coming out in english the same time as the jp version so yes that is probably what it is

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
They also have yet to announce the theme they're bringing back for birthday month. Viewers voted on a choice of four. They'll be reintroducing it next week. Also the lineup on March 26th is blank for some reason. It's not a holiday, so a marathon is doubtful.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
So did they find out what was in the basement yet or what

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes and it's dumb

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

It's a loving photo

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/840368022132989952

https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/840368482881437696

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I now have a reason to stay up that late. Tokyo Ghoul has been a good manga so far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tokyo Ghoul loving sucks. At least One Piece is leaving before the anime gets too bad.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

well drat

didn't think they'd ever take One Piece off

also, March 17 is a Friday, so does that mean tomorrow is OP's last ride, or are they off by a day?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The more interesting thing is that since Tokyo Ghoul is only 12 episodes, this means that one more slot is open for regular rotation.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Argus Zant posted:

well drat

didn't think they'd ever take One Piece off

also, March 17 is a Friday, so does that mean tomorrow is OP's last ride, or are they off by a day?

They're off by a day. They mean the 18th.

Waffleman_ posted:

The more interesting thing is that since Tokyo Ghoul is only 12 episodes, this means that one more slot is open for regular rotation.

Unless they go right into Root A, which I think is likely.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh gently caress I forgot there was a second season. Criminy.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

They should've got rid of Naruto first.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Rudoku posted:

Maybe that'll be next.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Well now at least I don't have to feel even vaguely guilty about falling asleep after Hunter x Hunter every night

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

The theme of the manga switched from "humanity desperately trying to survive against ravenous giants" to "mankind deserves extinction because literally every faction is some flavor of Nazi warmongering historical revisionist".

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hahah I called the poo poo out of Tokyo Ghoul'. It was like the worst, most boring loving thing on that poll they did.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

livingfruitvirus posted:

Maybe that'll be next.

I wish, but it's the anime equivalent of the Cleveland Show. But the Cleveland Show gets sponsors/actual commercials...

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I think some people here will enjoy Tokyo Ghoul. For what it is, it's decent. It's just not my cup of tea to be honest. :shrug:

Julias fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 11, 2017

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Julias posted:

I think some people here will enjoy Tokyo Ghoul. For what it is, it's decent. It's just my cup of tea to be honest. :shrug:

I hope it's at 2:00 AM. It's been dubbed, released to BD and streamed. Those checks should send it back behind HxH.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arist posted:

Yes and it's dumb

Not it was cool. I am really into the developments after the basement.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

The theme of the manga switched from "humanity desperately trying to survive against ravenous giants" to "mankind deserves extinction because literally every faction is some flavor of Nazi warmongering historical revisionist".

This is not true.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

livingfruitvirus posted:

I hope it's at 2:00 AM. It's been dubbed, released to BD and streamed. Those checks should send it back behind HxH.

Whoops, that was supposed to say not my cup of tea.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Root A will air. https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/840379296946495488

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Tokyo Ghoul is cool but I would have preferred something not easily accessible.

Also Root A goes the full meteal Alchemist route of fanfic over source but not as insane.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MonsterEnvy posted:

This is not true.

It's got real strong fascist themes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It does but a large portion of the manga is the main characters fighting against the establishment.

It's actually kind of weird as the Titans become an afterthought for a long time because of this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rudoku posted:

WRONG SHOW GOT CANCELED!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdtfcOlr0tk&t=5s

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK

Samurai Jack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e51hgWIsY4M

Dragon Ball Super: Goku becomes unto a god

DBZ Kai: A bunch of kids beat each other up.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: A confrontation with Kars and a buildup to the final showdown with the Pillar Men.

Gundam Unicorn: Banagher and Daguza proceed to the remains of Laplace with the intention of activating Laplace's Box, but hear the original broadcast of the Earth Federation establishment ceremony. When Full Frontal and his Sinanju arrive, Daguza sacrifices his life to buy Banagher some time to activate the Unicorn's Destroy Mode. The fight sheds parts of the Laplace colony and sends them into the atmosphere. Banagher continues to pursue Full Frontal during the reentry, but a beam magnum shot meant for the Sinanju hits Gilboa instead. As Banagher enters the atmosphere, Audrey arrives at the Marcenas estate.

Hunter X Hunter: After receiving information from Milluki, Gon and Killua research Greed Island. At the Nostrade manor, the new employees meet their boss. Meanwhile, the Phantom Troupe gathers at Yorknew City.

Steins;Gate: Suzuha reveals to the Future Lab that she's the mythical John Titor, who has been sent to the past to stop SERN from taking over the world in the future and took a detour to meet her father. The gang helps her fix her time machine and find her father, finding out that it's Daru! And send her back to the 70s. An accident, however, causes Suzuha to lose her memory of her mission and remember it too late, committing suicide in distraught. Rintaro sends a D-Mail to himself to avoid letting Suzuha's time machine get damaged in the first place, causing her mission to go as planned, dying of illness instead. However, that ol' IBN is still out of his reach.

TONIGHT

WE GOTTA GET BACK

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/840593177719394305

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

Tokyo Ghoul loving sucks. At least One Piece is leaving before the anime gets too bad.

Should have gotten rid of Naruto, but a mercy killing of One Piece is okay. I mean, its Toonami's fault that they loving shoved it into the dead zone time anyway, but the show was going to get bad no matter what so whatev.

But I've done my part to tell people outside of the internet that JACK'S BACK.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

But who doesn't want to learn what happens to big boobed nuclear girl and bubble powered sasuke. He hates being called master, you know

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Adult Swim's homepage redirects to the Jack marathon stream. It's at 5900 viewers and climbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sucks we're not going to get the New World on Toonami, but hey may as well end it now before the absolute hellhole Toei made out of Impel Down and the war.

• Locked thread