Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I'm gonna have to learn to use cheat engine, looks like. I just hope that using it doesn't gently caress with your ability to play multiplayer at all, because I also want to play that (I do not want to cheat in MP, even if you somehow can, which I hope you can't)

Whatever happened to just editing an .ini file? I still have one that I downloaded from the ME2 thread that I keep on a flash drive and pop in whenever I play ME2 that gives me all the resources and refreshes heat sinks with the tap of a key.

Then again, I'm still annoyed no one made a mod or cheat to mess with companion affection in DAI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

SgtSteel91 posted:

It's a trick shot

She's listed as a gunslinger for a reason

Skippy McPants posted:

Jesus, she's actually holding it backward? Come on Bioware, I know budgets are a thing but surely you could do a bit better.

it's the same

gun

it's literally backwards

:coolspot:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

god drat, thats some reboot level animations.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
At least PB looked like she was emoting on the upper half of her face.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No, but, look at the gun. It is backwards. She is holding it backwards. She is pointing the shooty end at her own face.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Mass Effect Andromeda: The Gun Is Backwards.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Ages posted:

Don't think this has been posted yet, but footage of Liam's loyalty mission from PAX. Little more action packed than the first video today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OitlhG0oIM

Procedural generated cover could be... interesting?

It's actually driving me loving crazy that the guy playing died twice in 60 seconds at the very beginning of the mission just dashing around not taking cover or really doing anything.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

No, but, look at the gun. It is backwards. She is holding it backwards. She is pointing the shooty end at her own face.

"...and just imagine what I'd be willing to do to YOU"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

It's actually driving me loving crazy that the guy playing died twice in 60 seconds at the very beginning of the mission just dashing around not taking cover or really doing anything.

It's kinda hard to play the game, describe what's happening and keep track of the presentation material all at the same time.

(Live demos never work right)

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

hobbesmaster posted:

It's kinda hard to play the game, describe what's happening and keep track of the presentation material all at the same time.

(Live demos never work right)

Get two people to do it. Problem solved.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I can't tell which is worse, that they got people to sort of try ennunciating and putting emotion into lifeless dribble of generic face movements or they wasted maybe a few 10 animators time in setting these basic talky movements up. I cannot wait to see how dumb sex scenes look!

Also INTERESTING QUIRKS: WATCHES BAD MOVIES. If they don't have loving Blasto series as some sort of full Deathwish/Dirty Harry series of films you can watch than this game is a complete failure.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

INTERESTING QUIRKS: FROM GLASGOW

(i actually really love that accent and i'm glad it's in this)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Is Liam from Australia or have I completely got his accent wrong? Out of all the voices so far his sounds the most like someone took Laudanum before their recording.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Is Liam from Australia or have I completely got his accent wrong? Out of all the voices so far his sounds the most like someone took Laudanum before their recording.

LAAAAHNDAAAAHN

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Crabtree posted:

I can't tell which is worse, that they got people to sort of try ennunciating and putting emotion into lifeless dribble of generic face movements or they wasted maybe a few 10 animators time in setting these basic talky movements up. I cannot wait to see how dumb sex scenes look!

Also INTERESTING QUIRKS: WATCHES BAD MOVIES. If they don't have loving Blasto series as some sort of full Deathwish/Dirty Harry series of films you can watch than this game is a complete failure.

"She has some interesting quirks" *shows footage of her pretending to use a keyboard*

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Crabtree posted:

He's British.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I want the gangster main character from the PS2's The Getaway as my squadmate for maximum British swearing.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
http://giphy.com/gifs/xUA7aZQqZEnT9cbalW

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Thank you for this

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Cythereal posted:

He's British.

Aw that's lame, I wanted him to be Indigenous Aussie of some kind. :/

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

This section was good too.
https://clips.twitch.tv/StrongBitterJackalKevinTurtle

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

To be fair to this guy, this seems like a fairly advanced mission. The environment is really complicated and enemies are showing up above, below, behind, and around you, without being too grouped up for easy detonations. I can see this one needing a bit of strategy to navigate as opposed to the, like, Eden Prime-caliber combat shown earlier.

...Which also isn't to say that he's a good player or anything :v:. Seriously, how many times can you miss with your powers?

Cryo punch looks cool. It's only logical to assume that there will be rocket punches as well. :black101:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I don't know why this is the case but like 99% of developers are loving terrible at their own games. the good ones seem to only ever be from the art department for some reason

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I noticed that the guy started struggling with navigating all of the poo poo strewn about the environment towards the end, it was taking him ages to jetpack up ledges to get to enemies and stuff. I kinda hope that's just the lead designer being bad at his own game though.

The other stream that featured the early mission where you first meet Peebee also pretty much spoiled the fate of Ryder's father too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They got rid of the Paragon/Renegade system but I hope there are still ways to be a hilarious space rear end in a top hat.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

I don't know why this is the case but like 99% of developers are loving terrible at their own games. the good ones seem to only ever be from the art department for some reason

If my experience with modding is any indication, they spend too much time programming to be able to play.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I noticed that the guy started struggling with navigating all of the poo poo strewn about the environment towards the end, it was taking him ages to jetpack up ledges to get to enemies and stuff. I kinda hope that's just the lead designer being bad at his own game though.

The other stream that featured the early mission where you first meet Peebee also pretty much spoiled the fate of Ryder's father too.

Can you post/PM the fate of Ryder's daddy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Can you post/PM the fate of Ryder's daddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3at_Ev2kOoI

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Who would've guessed

Everyone, over and over and over again

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Who would've guessed

Everyone, over and over and over again

You just asked what happened, not how it happened.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Specifically, he gets killed when he interfaces with a Remnant device.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Specifically, he gets killed when he interfaces with a Remnant device.

Why does he do that?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kavak posted:

Why does he do that?

You're asking why a character in Mass Effect WOULDN'T randomly stick his dick in something alien? :psypop:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Kavak posted:

Why does he do that?

From what I can gather from the dialog during the mission, the worlds you're supposed to colonize have radioactive atmospheres and stuff caused by the Scourge. There's Remnant devices on the worlds capable of cleaning the atmosphere but Alec seemingly didn't know how to interface with it properly on Habitat 7 and it kills him. One of your first objectives on Eos is to clean the atmosphere and you have to interface with the same type of alien tower that killed your father to do it. That's where Peebee comes in, she's been studying the technology so she can help with turning it on safely.

This is the video that this is all coming from, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrN4gYwGZhs

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Drifter posted:

You're asking why a character in Mass Effect WOULDN'T randomly stick his dick in something alien? :psypop:

Both literal and figurative.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My Ryder will be a genophage of sorts because he will swallow copious amounts of krogan genetic material

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

AwkwardKnob posted:

100% agree with you. The Salarian and Krogan characters I've seen look totally fine. The modelling of the eyes for the human characters doesn't seem as detailed actually. They don't look wet or alive. They're just these dead cow eyes surrounded by awkwardly shifting eyebrow motions.

The krogan eyes have been bugging me. I'm not sure if it's just the angle we're seeing them from, but in trailers so far, they look like black marbles, while I think all the original trilogy krogans had red or blue or whatever-colored eyes.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The really weird part is that Peebee has animation for her upper face. Asari are basically just blue humans so why would she have more animation than say Liam?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bioware are racists duh

This game looks cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Liam looks/sounds good. I think the stark blue eyes of Suvi and boy Ryder make them look really weird. Default Ryder in general looks like a schlubby idiot, with that patchy facial hair and lovely jacket.