Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Alternatively gain 15 and becomes a bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

lite_sleepr posted:

Pizza hut is legit good and you are dumb if you dislike stuffed crust

you are dumb if you don't make your own dough and sauce

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Two Finger posted:

you are dumb if you don't make your own dough and sauce

You are dumb if you don't grow your own wheat, herbs and tomatoes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You are dumb if you've ever been in the military.

Jackpot.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Psssh you couldn't own farmland to grow wheat to harvest if it weren't for me, standing ever vigilant againsdfgnbdfkkkdkkkkkkk

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's your solution to everything.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I pity the foo who doesn't like chicken, bacon, ranch anything. Pizza. Pasta salad. Sandwiches. Regular salad. Casseroles.

And there's something I generally don't care for about pizza hut that I can't directly put my finger on, but it's the only pizza that gives me heartburn. Papa Johns has a bland tasting dough that ruins anything you top it with by spreading the overwhelming blandness over every bite. And the owner is a huge douche from Kentucky.

For what it's worth, I usually order from a smaller chain called Blackjack Pizza. Pizza and a salad and I'm set for two days.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I pity the foo who doesn't like chicken, bacon, ranch anything. Pizza. Pasta salad. Sandwiches. Regular salad. Casseroles.

And there's something I generally don't care for about pizza hut that I can't directly put my finger on, but it's the only pizza that gives me heartburn. Papa Johns has a bland tasting dough that ruins anything you top it with by spreading the overwhelming blandness over every bite. And the owner is a huge douche from Kentucky.

For what it's worth, I usually order from a smaller chain called Blackjack Pizza. Pizza and a salad and I'm set for two days.

Blackjack is so good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It really is.

I'd kill for some mellow mushroom but I don't think there's one within 100 miles of a stones throw of me, so that will have to wait until I travel east again.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

It really is.

I'd kill for some mellow mushroom but I don't think there's one within 100 miles of a stones throw of me, so that will have to wait until I travel east again.

mellow mushroom owns

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

please stop being so disgustingly Ohioan

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Thats why I like you N4I, you're always looking for alternative solutions

bengy81
May 8, 2010

It really is.

Not super close to you, but there is a Mellow Mushroom in LoneTree and another one in Denver on the 16th st mall.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thanks for the heads up. I might have to place a carry out order next time I go to Denver.

I never actually paid attention to where Lone Tree is. Isn't it that vast emptyness that's south of Denver but north of Castle Rock? I would only know it from driving by on I-25.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

CommieGIR posted:

gently caress Papa Johns right up the rear end.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Pizza Hut is really salty

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Thanks for the heads up. I might have to place a carry out order next time I go to Denver.

I never actually paid attention to where Lone Tree is. Isn't it that vast emptyness that's south of Denver but north of Castle Rock? I would only know it from driving by on I-25.

Kind of, its where the big mall is.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Trip report: Chicago deep dish pizza is...good? I am conflicted.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Deathy McDeath posted:

Is your flag lapel pin upside down? Are you under duress?

I'm a little jealous, actually. I want to try legit Chicago deep dish sometime.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Deep dish is a sin

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I really wanna try Chicago deep dish done right. I like deep dish from Dominoes and Jets pizza. I bet I'd love the real thing. Where's the best places to take my wife to for deep dish pizza in Chicago? I think we're gonna visit the Windy City late spring.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
deep dish is fine but it isnt pizza

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

deep dish is fine but it isnt pizza

Yeah. Good. But another dish entirely.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Yeah. Good. But another dish entirely.

After many years of fighting this fight, I think I agree. They both shouldn't be called pizza, and I think the flimsy foldable crust should carry the title. Just call it deep dish, drop the "pizza" and be done with it.

MAGA

Also, if you are on the east coast and don't want to deal with bread and water nonsense you should probably go to the store today (e: I forgot its 6AM) to stock for Tuesday. Basically the same alignment for the 30" storm from last year, just depends on how far west the L tracks off the coast. (Applicable to Roanoke, Winchester, Hagerstown, Philly, NYC, Connecticut, RI, Boston, Maine).

So the one thing that bugs me about Denver is that everyone judges the gap between the lower fringe of Denver Suburbia and Castle Rock like its this huge loving thing and took maybe 15 minutes to drive?

Boulder to Colorado Springs might as well be one big metroplex, you can get from one place to the other* in like an hour and a half.

*I get that Denver rush hour sucks dick.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Mar 11, 2017

bengy81
May 8, 2010

SquirrelyPSU posted:

After many years of fighting this fight, I think I agree. They both shouldn't be called pizza, and I think the flimsy foldable crust should carry the title. Just call it deep dish, drop the "pizza" and be done with it.

MAGA

Also, if you are on the east coast and don't want to deal with bread and water nonsense you should probably go to the store today (e: I forgot its 6AM) to stock for Tuesday. Basically the same alignment for the 30" storm from last year, just depends on how far west the L tracks off the coast. (Applicable to Roanoke, Winchester, Hagerstown, Philly, NYC, Connecticut, RI, Boston, Maine).

So the one thing that bugs me about Denver is that everyone judges the gap between the lower fringe of Denver Suburbia and Castle Rock like its this huge loving thing and took maybe 15 minutes to drive?

Boulder to Colorado Springs might as well be one big metroplex, you can get from one place to the other* in like an hour and a half.

*I get that Denver rush hour sucks dick.

In non rush hour traffic I can drive from the capital to my house in Castle Rock in like 25 minutes.
The same drive in rush hour takes almost two hours.

Also the void south of Denver is pretty loving terrible and I wouldn't recommend that anybody live in it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't really mind the drive between Denver and Colorado Springs when I go, but they really need to widen I-25 from Monument to Castle Rock. Definitely don't envy those who drive each way every day for work, though.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Where'd you go for it?

I went to Lou Malnati's, shared a medium with my GF and had to take food coma naps afterwards holy gently caress that poo poo is heavy.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MA-Horus posted:

Where'd you go for it?

I went to Lou Malnati's, shared a medium with my GF and had to take food coma naps afterwards holy gently caress that poo poo is heavy.

I took him to a place called Pequod's. They don't do the traditional deep dish. Their pizza is more of a pan-style with a ring of caramelized cheese around the crust.

It's still a substantial meal but not the gut bomb traditional deep dish is.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
PEQUOD COMIN' IN HOT WITH SOME PIZZA 🍕

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Yeah Pequod's was the other place recommended but the weather was such poo poo that Malnati's was closer.

Real loving good. Real loving heavy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

18-24 inches monday night into tuesday

hells yeah

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Supposed to hit 70* today. It snowed last weekend.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hells yeah

Who are the lucky guys

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

cowboy elvis posted:

Who are the lucky guys

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
NO

NO MORE SNOW

gently caress YOU, NATURE

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hells yeah

Yup.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Man, I still have more poo poo to do on the car. What happened to that beautiful weather we just had??

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I have a black car and had it washed the other day, and now it suddenly has a beautiful new two-tone paint job I call Salt Spray Zebra.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Goddamnit I just spent a week riding my motorcycle and now it's back below freezing during spring break.

I wanted to take a fuckin riding day this week but I guess not now. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
In South Florida 420 ride motorcycle erryday

• Locked thread