Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That would have been kind of disastrous for Purdue if he didn't hit that drive.

I suppose with the timing it made sense, Michigan didn't need to foul and they still have basically one possession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hahaha oh my god. Running clock after the shot makes the whistles blow and prevents Michigan from getting a steal and a game winner.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh my god that sequence

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't really have any rooting interest here, but I hate replay/review 99% of the time, obviously this is one of those times. Just scrap it already, jesus, we did just fine without it for decades.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nolan Arenado posted:

I don't really have any rooting interest here, but I hate replay/review 99% of the time, obviously this is one of those times. Just scrap it already, jesus, we did just fine without it for decades.

:corsair:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dang, this game is good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Awesome block

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nolan Arenado posted:

I don't think replay is what to blame here, the officials would have blown the play dead anyway if they noticed a running clock in that situation. Which is pretty much what happened, replay only put a few tenths of a second back on.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It sucks the air out of big games and big moments, there's a good Posnanski article about it and I tend to agree that we were better off without it. That's my old man hot take, thank for listening.

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think replay is what to blame here, the officials would have blown the play dead anyway if they noticed a running clock in that situation. Which is pretty much what happened, replay only put a few tenths of a second back on.

Yeah, but they haven't always done that, 20 years ago they didn't stop the game every ten minutes to check the loving clock to the tenth of a second.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I find it impossible to believe that Michigan has fewer than 20 steals an Purdue has more than 20 rebounds in this game

or that Purdue has fewer than 20 missed layups, JESUS CHRIST

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What is Michigan doing (outside of nothing) on offense? It's like watching the Tubby Smith Gophers again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nolan Arenado posted:

Yeah, but they haven't always done that, 20 years ago they didn't stop the game every ten minutes to check the loving clock to the tenth of a second.

Well yeah, but I'm saying they would have blown the play dead and just played with 3.whatever left instead of adding the extra time back on. The ridiculous ending still wouldn't have happened.

Purdue looks awful in OT.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Purdue's been moving the ball beautifully today and just can't finish at the basket. I'm fine with the way this game has gone though, nobody's had a lead of more than four since the second half started and it's been really good experience for the tourney coming up.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
never seen a boom mic in frame at a sports event

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan is certainly my preferred matchup even though they handed us our worst loss

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol at the UM player yelling for Beilein to get off the court

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That oughtta do it. Michigan should slide off the runway more often obviously.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That was quite the foul call there

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Coastal Carolina is in the Sun Belt now? That's... interesting...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nolan Arenado posted:

Coastal Carolina is in the Sun Belt now? That's... interesting...

They moved up for football

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Foul on Minnesota, getting punched in the face, two shots

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mike Bibby???

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Miles Bridges is good

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Thoguh posted:

gently caress a horned frog. God bless

I disagree but honestly I'm just happy to be facing a semifinal opponent in conference. :)

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Another one-and-done SEC tournament for the Cocks. Hopefully our regular season is enough to keep us in the NCAAs because we've been pretty loving awful for the past 2-3 weeks. Alabama, in particular, has had our number lately for some reason.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Texas Southern scraped a win against Grambling, trying to repeat their 2015 feat of a SWAC team pulling a 15 seed (every other one this century has been a 16). It's been a pretty steep career downhill for Mike Davis from IU to UAB to here, but he's done as well as any SWAC coach could.

Also Marshall beat Louisiana Tech so the way is pretty clear for Middle Tennessee to win C-USA tomorrow and then beat some poor 5 or 6 seed next week.

Also also Dayton lost to Davidson if the A-10 so if VCU doesn't win there then someone else is stealing a bid, since Rhode Island probably isn't getting one otherwise and nobody else is for sure.

elentar fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 10, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

IcePhoenix posted:

What is Michigan doing (outside of nothing) on offense? It's like watching the Tubby Smith Gophers again.

Michigan has one of the most efficient offenses in the history of college basketball

I'm not saying this to make fun of you, because you're absolutely right. They go through long stretches when it's not working and they just pass the ball around and then jack up a crazy three. But when it is working it's all open lay ups and uncontested threes.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/TedFlintKansas/status/840336147834363908

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He got a good spot though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

One of these days I have to get back to KC to watch games in the P&L just to see it is worth it. I hear it sucks but I don't trust suburbanites

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Big 12 has to be praying that ISU wins. A WVU vs. TCU final will have zero people there.

Edit: I do see at least one more TCU fan off to the left. It's like Where's Waldo.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

TCU playing pretty good D so far, but their offense is not so good, lots of turnovers. We'll see if they can keep up the energy on D as the game moves on.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
ISU's impending second half collapse is going to make me sad.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

If this was against WVU or KU I would be there with you. Don't see it happening against TCU.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Eat all the poo poo, Duke.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Thoguh posted:

ISU's impending second half collapse is going to make me sad.

I don't think this is an issue

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Villanova survives Seton Hall and maybe nails down the #1 overall seed, not that it matters much since it's pretty clearly Nova - East, UNC - South, Kansas - Midwest, Gonzaga - West for the 1s and the committee isn't smart enough to make one bracket region easier than any other.

edit: Duke turned that around in a hurry, after it looked like they weren't even in this game

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 11, 2017

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

If this was against WVU or KU I would be there with you. Don't see it happening against TCU.

I reflexively assume that ISU won't be allowed to have good things at all times.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMAO at that foul call.

Make-up call!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Thoguh posted:

I reflexively assume that ISU won't be allowed to have good things at all times.

They're playing the long con this year. First round loss here we come!

I'd be totally okay with Prohm sitting Morris and Burton if we play wvu in the final. We have nothing to gain and an injury to one of those two would seriously jeopardize what appear to be decent NCAA tourney chances. gently caress it... just forfeit the game. Not watching wvu play is a win in itself.

• Locked thread