Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

NecroMonster posted:

I really hate Musashi he is a big jerk I want someone to just kill him already please.

Spoiler Discussion:

I was thinking about how the police could potentially catch Musashi. What if the police recruited "Unchained" Biscuit Oliva from America? He knows a bunch of their cops and has worked with them before. Together, Oliva and a bunch of Japanese counter-terrorism soldiers could create an elaborate trap. Musashi would get ambushed by dozens of cops, who could open fire and disorient Musashi. Meanwhile, a heavily armored Oliva could move in and bear hug or headbutt Musashi into submission.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 15, 2017

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

What if Musashi enjoyed a psychic meal with Baki Hanma?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I don't think that guy can go more than a handful of seconds at a time without psychically killing the nearest person over and over

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Pewdiepie posted:

What if Musashi enjoyed a psychic meal with Baki Hanma?
Baki's imaginary miso soup would be too salty, and Musashi would reprimand Baki by psychically cutting off his johnson fifty times.

Coincidentally, Baki Dou Chapter 115 is out, which features Musashi and Tokugawa enjoying a meal together:

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
I like how even his skeleton looks muscular.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Do you guys remember that Baki parody manga from a while ago? A friend just shared the latest release. While it isn't translated, it's still pretty funny. I uploaded the whole thing to imgur, because it's way too big to post.

I present to you, Baki Domoe 3:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

More Baki Domoe 3:

is this a JoJo depiction of Retsu?

MEAT is LOVE:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Haha I love that one, also here's the cast of Baki as sperm:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

NecroMonster posted:

I don't think that guy can go more than a handful of seconds at a time without psychically killing the nearest person over and over
It's funny that you'd mention that, because when Musashi speaks to the detective (in the RAWs), he states: "To climb by cutting. That is my calling/occupation."

Not trying to justify his actions/behavior, that's just how Itagaki's version of Musashi views the world. I guess creating a manga about the calligrapher/author/artist Musashi would be too boring? So instead we got a hyper-vigilant unstoppable murder man, because why not.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
At somepoint, someone does muse over the fact that Musashi comes from a time where 1. You could lose your life in a duel in an instant, and 2. Cutting someone down in the middle of the street was common place. If you are not at the top, you are most likely dead.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

JDRockefeller posted:

At somepoint, someone does muse over the fact that Musashi comes from a time where 1. You could lose your life in a duel in an instant, and 2. Cutting someone down in the middle of the street was common place. If you are not at the top, you are most likely dead.

Absolutely true. This flashback chapter illustrates Musashi's battle at Sekigahara, a brutal life-or-death battlefield.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 146 is out! Korean scans.

Piriwi posted:

I like how even his skeleton looks muscular.

Haha, I think you might enjoy the newest chapter.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jedah posted:

Absolutely true. This flashback chapter illustrates Musashi's battle at Sekigahara, a brutal life-or-death battlefield.

I like to think of Baki Dou as the straight up sequel to Vagabond.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

This one is for K. Flaps.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 23, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

A rough English translation of Baki Dou Chapter 146 is out, courtesy of onepenguin0, who possesses a Ph.D in Baki.

Pewdiepie posted:

I like to think of Baki Dou as the straight up sequel to Vagabond.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm gonna check this one out, and the artwork looks awesome.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Vagabond is pretty good but then it goes into a 700 chapter long arc about farming.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Trying something new today. I took my friend's translations from Baki Dou Chapter 146, and made a readable English version for you guys!

Here's a link to the imgur album. Hope you enjoy it.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 147 is out! (Korean scans)

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
What the hell is going on

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol at "if you shoot a bunch of electricity into someone you'll see their skeleton just like in the cartoons, right?"

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Retsu once destroyed the symbol of boxing.

Wild Horses posted:

What the hell is going on
Musashi got tasered. He described it as "strongest poison he's ever felt," and "instantly feeling numb." The Police Captain had a special modified "lethal" taser, which had 500,000 Volts. Musashi thought the Captain's taser was the modern day version of the "Dark Arts," from his time period. Once Musashi considered the officer to be a legitimate threat, he executed him. I'm fairly certain the rest of the cops are gonna run, at this point.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

i mean mushashi waxing philosophically after beheading a guy. Strange stuff

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Wild Horses posted:

i mean mushashi waxing philosophically after beheading a guy. Strange stuff
I dunno, I think the manga is about male fashion now:

The Scarf is the Beautiful

Jedah fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 8, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Chapter 193 of Grappler Baki is out.

Future translations may slow down, Spinyback has run out of donations.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Did Retsu just straight up ice that dude?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

JDRockefeller posted:

Did Retsu just straight up ice that dude?

Nah he's still alive but gets murked by Sikorsky on the prisoners arc iirc

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Nah he's still alive but gets murked by Sikorsky on the prisoners arc iirc

I think the russian guy Sikorsky murders is the giant wrestler http://baki.wikia.com/wiki/Alexander_Gallen introduced in the tournament where Jack Hammer also debuts. Not sure if this guy ever returns.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Grappler Baki is a sophisticated manga about enjoying fine wine. :chord:

Jedah fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 10, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Wild Horses, since you were asking about Musashi earlier, check out the latest Baki Dou English translations my friend posted.

Some of this dialogue might help clarify things a bit:

Musashi: Military forces, you have lost your head.
Musashi: No more can you be called a military.
Musashi: Without taking a leader, one hundred men...
Musashi: Do not have the might of their numbers.
Musashi: There is but one hundred individual persons.

So Musashi killed the police leader in retaliation for being attacked by a "lethal" taser, which he considers the Dark Arts. Based on these translations, perhaps Musashi also killed the leader so that the rest of the police would lose their confidence and disband. So far, it doesn't seem like any of the other officers will challenge him.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I wonder if Musashi is aware of the atomic bombings and how it changed Japan and how warfare has changed on the global scale.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Jedah posted:

Wild Horses, since you were asking about Musashi earlier, check out the latest Baki Dou English translations my friend posted.

Some of this dialogue might help clarify things a bit:

Musashi: Military forces, you have lost your head.
Musashi: No more can you be called a military.
Musashi: Without taking a leader, one hundred men...
Musashi: Do not have the might of their numbers.
Musashi: There is but one hundred individual persons.

So Musashi killed the police leader in retaliation for being attacked by a "lethal" taser, which he considers the Dark Arts. Based on these translations, perhaps Musashi also killed the leader so that the rest of the police would lose their confidence and disband. So far, it doesn't seem like any of the other officers will challenge him.

Yes that makes sense.. he is a very practical man

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

JDRockefeller posted:

I wonder if Musashi is aware of the atomic bombings and how it changed Japan and how warfare has changed on the global scale.

Hm... I dunno, but based on what we've seen so far, I don't think Musashi knows.

Musashi has been fairly sheltered since his revival. Up until he parted ways with Tokugawa, he'd only been to a handful of locations, and we know he hasn't traveled outside of Japan. Unless something happened "off screen," I don't think anyone has had an in-depth conversation with him about global superpowers, nukes, etc. I mean, Musashi has been fighting people constantly. There was that one time when he went for a drink with Yujiro, but their conversation seemed to be focused on Motobe.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

JDRockefeller posted:

OTOH, teenage Yuujiro singlehandedly ended Vietnam for shits and giggles.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou Chapter 149 (Korean scans) is out.

Looks like the Japanese special forces are going to fight Musashi soon. Itagaki is finally raising the stakes.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I hope non-martial artists defeat Musashi with the power of modern weaponry.

(I'm not expecting this to happen.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

I hope non-martial artists defeat Musashi with the power of modern weaponry.

(I'm not expecting this to happen.)
I really like Itagaki's character design for the Japanese special forces.