Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I still fully expect Jimmy to be traded.

Until the draft has passed I'm going to just presume that happens because all the leaks and nonsense just sound like bluster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

According to Alfred Williams of 104.3 The FAN in Denver, there are trade rumors involving Brandon Marshall.

He's probably full of poo poo, but unless it's for Joe Thomas I'm not interested.

Why wouldn't you have just signed him?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Look, quarterback declines happen pretty much overnight and they happen really suddenly. The season might not be a foregone conclusion.

:(

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I don't know how smart the Patriots going so utterly bananas with free agency is, but I like it. It's a nice change of pace! :haw:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

Brandon Marshall would be perfect for us, he's basically DJ clone

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

shirts and skins posted:

Man, I dunno. A 1st and a 3rd for a year and an option for Cooks is not bad. The Saints need talent on the defensive side and they need it bad, this could do a lot for them.

I don't see this as a fleecing at all.

Yeah I kinda agree. The Patriots here are on the other end of the type of deal they usually pull: trading away a player they have no interest in resigning. Of course in this case they get him for two years instead of one.

I'm just hung up on why they are spending so much capital on WR. Perhaps Gronks' injury is more serious than we're led to believe.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

sean10mm posted:

I don't know how smart the Patriots going so utterly bananas with free agency is, but I like it. It's a nice change of pace! :haw:

Clock's ticking for Brady. It's win now if you want more for him. Nobody has kept up an elite level of play into their 40s.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

Are you referring to last offseason? I think we tried but Joe was really adamant about staying in Cleveland.

Ehud posted:

trade him to us
How good is your left tackle

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Brandon Marshall would be perfect for us, he's basically DJ clone

Oh duh, I was thinking the other Brandon Marshall.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Are you referring to last offseason? I think we tried but Joe was really adamant about staying in Cleveland.

Nah I'm just dumb and thought you were going to trade for the WR for some ungodly reason.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 11, 2017

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Malcolm Butler is overrated anyway. I heard the guy is pretty immature in the locker room.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

I still fully expect Jimmy to be traded.

Until the draft has passed I'm going to just presume that happens because all the leaks and nonsense just sound like bluster.

But Adam Schefter pinky promised that he was staying in New England.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Saints were never going to pay Cooks once his contract was up and they haven't had problems finding receivers who can produce in the Brees years. I wish they'd gotten a higher pick than 32, but I'm guessing that there wasn't actually a better offer on the table.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

fsif posted:

Look, quarterback declines happen pretty much overnight and they happen really suddenly. The season might not be a foregone conclusion.

:(

That is why handsome Jimmy is there

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Eli Wiggum posted:

How good is your left tackle

he smokes weed you don't want him

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the jets have responded

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/840364661488930816

oh yeah

Nov 6, 2002

Jimmy is so good they drafted another QB in the 3rd.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

Malcolm Butler is overrated anyway. I heard the guy is pretty immature in the locker room.

They didn't trade Butler though?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

They didn't trade Butler though?

Time to add a new branch to the flowchart.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
They didn't. They get to roll out Malcolm Bultler and Stephon Gilmore

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shirts and skins posted:

Clock's ticking for Brady. It's win now if you want more for him. Nobody has kept up an elite level of play into their 40s.

Yeah, I think Belichick has a more realistic view of what's going to happen than Brady does. Brady is confident he can play another five years. Belichick probably knows that the chances of a sudden decline are higher than not.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

Nah I'm just dumb and thought you were going to trade for the WR for some ungodly reason.
It's all good. I figured that the rumor coming from a Denver radio personality would've clued you in that it wasn't the WR :v:

Nov 6, 2002

All of you dudes saying you'd give up a 1st in a heartbeat for a young productive receiver... just remember those words when the Browns give up a 1st for a young franchise quarterback! :haw:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
e: dumbass awful app

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Maybe Brandin Cooks is low-key dumb and won't be able to pick up the playbook a la Chad Johnson.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

All of you dudes saying you'd give up a 1st in a heartbeat for a young productive receiver... just remember those words when the Browns give up a 1st for a young franchise quarterback! :haw:

I think "drafting" Garoppolo is a safer investment than any quarterback from this draft class, actually, yeah.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fsif posted:

Maybe Brandin Cooks is low-key dumb and won't be able to pick up the playbook a la Chad Johnson.

Considering he went to the Super Bowl champs, I'd say he's pretty drat smart. But if he didn't like how he was used in the Saints offense, I wonder how he'll like being a choice out of Gronk/Hogan/Edelman/Cooks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cameron Jordan isn't thrilled with the trade:

https://twitter.com/camjordan94/status/840375668026228737

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Considering he went to the Super Bowl champs, I'd say he's pretty drat smart. But if he didn't like how he was used in the Saints offense, I wonder how he'll like being a choice out of Gronk/Hogan/Edelman/Cooks.

I'm assuming Gronkowski is dead and this is how they're going to cover for it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I don't see how the saints are going to be competitive again while Brees is still playing and I don't think they want to be.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm assuming Gronkowski is dead and this is how they're going to cover for it.

I'm not, but it seems like a decent thing to plan for just in case if you're the Pats.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Come on, Iggles. Just sign Jamaal Charles for shits and giggles. I'm sure you can find a way to get him to sign for $1 Million a year with $4 in incentives, somehow

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh the panthers also signed the WR Charles Johnson

Okay

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Brandin Cooks? Ugh, who's got $10 I can borrow?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'd rather have 18 than 32 + 1XX

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Has anyone kicked the tires on Latavius Murray other than Seattle?

Nov 6, 2002

The Patriots play the Saints this year too.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't see how the saints are going to be competitive again while Brees is still playing and I don't think they want to be.

I'm not sure what Brees playing has to do with them not being competitive.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What is a Brock Coyle? The niners have signed him from the Hawks. Just a camp body?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/840377696148307968

gently caress it, bring back Cook too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
titans signed NT Sylvester Williams

• Locked thread