Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

should have gone to nebraska instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I've said before someone is going to get a steal with him. He's insanely good.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Pakled posted:

How the hell did a team my team plays annually have a defensive back named Corn Elder for four years that I never heard about

Because in recent memory Miami had a year with more players drafted than they had wins that season.

Al Go:lol:den

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/838865613351182337

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Ole Miss is gonna try the Baylor no paper trail defense

And it'll prob work too

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

slightly related

https://twitter.com/WesleyLowery/status/839244230274990080

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah big loving shocker right there

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like the part about how Cowherd is a jackass

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Good lord the photos and captions, though. Straight from Tumblr to Vice.

ARE THESE WHITE PEOPLE OK WITH BLACK CHILDREN AMUSING THEM FOR FREE? WE LET YOU DECIDE. JUST KIDDING THEY ARE.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The NCAA is garbage and the more they get poo poo on the better.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Panzeh posted:

The NCAA is garbage and the more they get poo poo on the better.

This. & Cowherd

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Spring practice is starting wooo!

Everyone is taking the next step except FSU's starting center Alec Eberle who is a D2 tier back up and also hurt oh god please someone anyone replace him please

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tom Herman called his DL fat

God he's a dork.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
fat or phat

this is important

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pillsburysoldier posted:

Spring practice is starting wooo!

Everyone is taking the next step except FSU's starting center Alec Eberle who is a D2 tier back up and also hurt oh god please someone anyone replace him please

Why do the Jags and FSU struggle year after year? :smith:

God hates me personally. :negative:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

whiteyfats posted:

What

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hopefully someone somewhere does a supercut of Eberle losing us games singlehandedly

Louisville was not one of those games but still

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

seriously :psyduck:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

whiteyfats posted:

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

God he's a dork.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/839537783433801728

"Chicken salad out of lesser parts"

gently caress off Tom.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The SEC gave Arkansas a waiver to count their 2018 game at Colorado State as fulfilling the requirement to play one P5 OOC game every year. (They were scheduled to play Michigan who bought out the contract to replace them with Notre Dame.)

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Pakled posted:

How the hell did a team my team plays annually have a defensive back named Corn Elder for four years that I never heard about

He was a pretty highly rated prospect iirc and was strongly considering coming to us to play A back or CB so yeah that's on you.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i'm going to assume that it's short for cornelius? which imo Cornie Elder might possibly be an even better name

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

He also slammed down Lynch this year in a great tackle.

He's one of my favorite canes of all time.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

pillsburysoldier posted:

God he's a dork.

He is the biggest dork. I was surprised to hear that he's so unhappy with the DL though. On paper we should be fairly deep there, we really loaded up on them in the 2016 class. But I guess Herman would prefer a taller, leaner DL than what Strong was recruiting? I have absolutely no idea what to expect from this team in 2017.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The SEC gave Arkansas a waiver to count their 2018 game at Colorado State as fulfilling the requirement to play one P5 OOC game every year. (They were scheduled to play Michigan who bought out the contract to replace them with Notre Dame.)

What's the penalty if you don't get a waiver? Does it make the offending team ineligible to win their division, or is it just a fine?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm assuming teams are allowed to count traditional rivals they play every year, right? So FSU counts as the Power 5 OOC game for UF?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

whiteyfats posted:

I'm assuming teams are allowed to count traditional rivals they play every year, right? So FSU counts as the Power 5 OOC game for UF?

Yes.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Devin Asiasi is going to transfer to UCLA, he's really good and he'll have 3 years left to play, so congrats on that one whoever replaces Jim Mora

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So apparently Nick Chubb decided again that instead of chasing tail during spring break, he would rather squat 500 pounds :stare:

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

LIVE FROM OKLAHOMA CITY, IN OKLAHOMA COUNTY, IN THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA:

I will from now on just mayfield out of meetings as I please

also most of the state is on fire.

:OUT

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Watch this Arkansas cop accomplish what most Big 12 defenses couldn't and tackle Baker Mayfield.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That looked incredibly dumb and painful.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I love the excessive violence. A guy could get killed or brain damaged getting slammed against a wall like that.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

tactlessbastard posted:

I love the excessive violence. A guy could get killed or brain damaged getting slammed against a wall like that.

How would you like that situation to have been handled exactly?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

tactlessbastard posted:

What are they supposed to do, think in the heat of the moment "he's running away and I need to get him, but I better wait for him to make it past this stone wall before I grab him"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

General Dog posted:

What's the penalty if you don't get a waiver? Does it make the offending team ineligible to win their division, or is it just a fine?
I can't find this anywhere, all the articles just say "it's required" but I wanna say it is in theory mandatory for being eligible to win the division. Hard to imagine they'd enforce it in a spot where it mattered, or even really need to -- I'm guessing the team would just need to find a plausibly OKish G5 like this situation, and I'm sure the conference and ESPN would gladly pull strings to make that happen.

Auburn scheduled former SEC member Tulane for Week 2 of 2019, following Oregon at the Jerrydome.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that's a trash backsquat.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

tactlessbastard posted:

Definitely targeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

tactlessbastard posted:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

• Locked thread