Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Baloogan posted:

:scream: oh no produce will be 10% more expensive if we can't exploit immigrants in slave-like-conditions how will we SURVIVE

I gotta find the clip, but even Adam Carolla is arguing that the immigrants, others should be paid a living wage at this point. He kinda shrugged his shoulders at that talking point when it was brought up. "it's going to cost what it's going to cost".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

:scream: oh no produce will be 10% more expensive if we can't exploit immigrants in slave-like-conditions how will we SURVIVE

we need to close the gap and allow legal immigrants and citizens alike to also work in slave-like conditions

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Baloogan posted:

This is also why we can't raise taxes on capitalists.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I don't think there are enough women doing slave-labor, why isn't anyone talking about this!?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Baloogan posted:

Somehow BUT MY FRUIT PRICES is a very common argument on these forums even though almost everyone here supports raising the minimum wage and higher labor standards, it makes no sense :confused:

FuzzySkinner posted:

BUT BOOTSTRAPS.

Yeah this is accurate.

Also shame on Mexico for forcing these people over here to find work. That country really needs to get it's poo poo together IMO. Start calling the "illegal" immigrants what they actually are..."refugees". Any idiot that retweets and champions Vicente Fox instead of shaming his rear end is doing the wrong thing.

Yeah, he's kind of funny on twitter but he was poo poo at his job.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I want an easier path to citizenship, a min. wage tied to a standard of living, a guaranteed income for the poor (loving NIXON proposed this), and a public option/single payer.

These are things that seem to terrify the modern democratic party...

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Toshi_TNE/status/840008902540460032

#killallgamers

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

wasnt this confirmed in her comic

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

BUT BOOTSTRAPS.

Yeah this is accurate.

Also shame on Mexico for forcing these people over here to find work. That country really needs to get it's poo poo together IMO. Start calling the "illegal" immigrants what they actually are..."refugees". Any idiot that retweets and champions Vicente Fox instead of shaming his rear end is doing the wrong thing.

arnt most of refugees not even from mexico any more, but from central america, i know a ton are from el salvador because of the robocop/warriors level gang violence.

http://kotaku.com/a-very-serious-conversation-about-orc-romance-in-shadow-1793138994

lol, kotaku at least knows the level of shittyness they are now. maybe if they had a orc suck grayson's dick he would write a real article. it worked in the past.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I feel like constant high flying gunfights would make it hard on someone with autism's aversion to overstimulation.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://kotaku.com/a-very-serious-conversation-about-orc-romance-in-shadow-1793138994

lol, kotaku at least knows the level of shittyness they are now. maybe if they had a orc suck grayson's dick he would write a real article. it worked in the past.

what the gently caress is wrong with your brain

maybe try to limit your time online and seek professional help

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

arnt most of refugees not even from mexico any more, but from central america, i know a ton are from el salvador because of the robocop/warriors level gang violence.

which is indeed the problem.

It feels like the left political class in this country doesn't want to acknowledge the reasons why this is happening, and perhaps there should be steps taken to solve this. it feels like the US is being forced to take care of a lot of other country's problems in this regard.*

*Which they did in fact, sadly play a hand in creating. The CIA did a lot of horrible poo poo keeping fascist dictators in place in those regions rather than letting democratically elected leftists take over...

I've also had a theory that the reason why a lot of GOP voters are so hellbent in accepting "climate change denial" is not because they really want to, but rather I think their paranoid about the economic impact of signing various regulations would do to their livelihoods.

I imagine after 40 plus years of having their jobs shipped overseas and the political class in this country not offering any sort of alternative? There's gonna be mistrust.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

call to action posted:

Can I guess your opinion on restricting H-1Bs to high salary jobs?

I don't remember who it was, but I had an argument on these very forums with some poster in which he simultaneously frothed at the mouth against the racism of stupid rednecks in making it harder for illegals to get jobs in agriculture, and laid sick burns on lazy, dumb, culturally incompatible, unreliable, cheating, untrainable... Indian immigrants taking jobs in his cushy tech firm.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

it's kind of an extension of the woke brands thing but this is 100% a marketing move because it's plainly obvious that there's a market out there of people who will buy up your thing - no matter what it is, no matter your history, no matter how horrible you are - as long as you make just the smallest, least convincing "progressive" noise

she's autist. note that she expresses none of the traits that would accompany this, nor indeed, is it even brought up in game. but totally trust us: she's representative of them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I though Overwatch was a game where character-less avatars killed each other in arenas devoid of story. I don't remember Quake III having elaborate official extended universe fanfiction for each of the character models.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Office Surprise Store posted:

she's autist. note that she expresses none of the traits that would accompany this, nor indeed, is it even brought up in game. but totally trust us: she's representative of them.

its deeply represented in the mechanics in that you dont want to get anywhere close to her or her hovel

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

which is indeed the problem.

It feels like the left political class in this country doesn't want to acknowledge the reasons why this is happening, and perhaps there should be steps taken to solve this. it feels like the US is being forced to take care of a lot of other country's problems in this regard.*

*Which they did in fact, sadly play a hand in creating. The CIA did a lot of horrible poo poo keeping fascist dictators in place in those regions rather than letting democratically elected leftists take over...

I've also had a theory that the reason why a lot of GOP voters are so hellbent in accepting "climate change denial" is not because they really want to, but rather I think their paranoid about the economic impact of signing various regulations would do to their livelihoods.

I imagine after 40 plus years of having their jobs shipped overseas and the political class in this country not offering any sort of alternative? There's gonna be mistrust.

well don't alot of GOP functionaries have ton of money in various oil/gas/coal(though not as much anymore)/and various other poo poo. those companies care about short term profits over the long term. the GOP are dumb whores who will sell their souls for short term poo poo and won't give a gently caress till its to late. plus a decent amount legit believe jesus will come back soon before it happens.

it's kind of an extension of the woke brands thing but this is 100% a marketing move because it's plainly obvious that there's a market out there of people who will buy up your thing - no matter what it is, no matter your history, no matter how horrible you are - as long as you make just the smallest, least convincing "progressive" noise

but like watchdogs 2 had a autistic character who was great and he had all the symptoms and they did it right, i mean loving watchdogs 2 does diversity in games right in my opinion. everyone is a realized character as well has being diverse. overwatch(and i like overwatch alot) and some of the others kinda feel like they are doing a burger king kids club poo poo. a bunch of surface representation that while nice and good, doesn't really do anything.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 22:24 on Mar 10, 2017

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

but like watchdogs 2 had a autistic character who was great and he had all the symptoms and they did it right, i mean loving watchdogs 2 does diversity in games right in my opinion. overwatch(and i like overwatch alot) and some of the others kinda feel like they are doing a burger king kids club poo poo. a bunch of surface representation so they can get a pat on the head from some journo in his/her mid 30s who desperately wants to be the next Ida Tarbell.

you mean like they've identified "woke" as a group worth marketing to because they'll buy stuff that aligns with what they believe, even superficially??? :eyepop:

just see the loving "progressives" who drink starbucks or what the gently caress ever. or that whole debacle about cereal. for some reason people are buying companies saying "ah yes, diversitry good, drumpf bad" as some sort of secret handshake that they're 100% on their side and are doing their best to push forward with whatever the hell they believe and not, y'know, delivering targeted advertising. why do you think ads during the super bowl were hyper woke? because trump just got elected president and people were screaming on social media.

and it worked. these same dipshits declared it all a victory. trump was owned!! he was probably crying!!! we're buying Pepsi right now in order to own trump more!!!

and then you get the ones supporting dubya. George "The W Stands For War Criminal" Bush is now being praised by these dumbfucks because he gave the most mealy mouthed "yea trump bad" and now he's a loving hero to these dumb loving assholes.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
*takes deep breath* also i would like the 20 piece mcnuggy and a large fries

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

you mean like they've identified "woke" as a group worth marketing to because they'll buy stuff that aligns with what they believe, even superficially??? :eyepop:

just see the loving "progressives" who drink starbucks or what the gently caress ever. or that whole debacle about cereal. for some reason people are buying companies saying "ah yes, diversitry good, drumpf bad" as some sort of secret handshake that they're 100% on their side and are doing their best to push forward with whatever the hell they believe and not, y'know, delivering targeted advertising. why do you think ads during the super bowl were hyper woke? because trump just got elected president and people were screaming on social media.

and it worked. these same dipshits declared it all a victory. trump was owned!! he was probably crying!!! we're buying Pepsi right now in order to own trump more!!!

and then you get the ones supporting dubya. George "The W Stands For War Criminal" Bush is now being praised by these dumbfucks because he gave the most mealy mouthed "yea trump bad" and now he's a loving hero to these dumb loving assholes.

yeah pretty much, its just cowardly libs looking for easy fights, and this poo poo is easy fights.

people give ubisoft poo poo on a decent amount of stuff, but they are one of the few companies/publishers that actually does diversity right.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

steinrokkan posted:

I though Overwatch was a game where character-less avatars killed each other in arenas devoid of story. I don't remember Quake III having elaborate official extended universe fanfiction for each of the character models.

it's the drat future and in the drat future every drat thing created is part of a drat extended universe. dammit.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Baloogan posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Baloogan posted:

I forever lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

call to action posted:

You'd kinda think justice for immigrants would involve raising their wages, but somehow it only ever involves ensuring they've got access to all the chattel slave-like day labor they can do. Hmmm....
but will this solve racism

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

this is literally the third time within a week that jimmy is roasting another dem offering vague bullshit platitudes and nothingness instead of any concrete platforms or proposals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jx8PADyzmc

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

people give ubisoft poo poo on a decent amount of stuff, but they are one of the few companies/publishers that actually does diversity right.

wd2 was still pretty stupid for a lot of reasons tho, like the stupid-rear end lcd face guy who never shut the gently caress up

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah pretty much, its just cowardly libs looking for easy fights, and this poo poo is easy fights.

I would argue the reason Ubisoft does diversity right is inextricably linked to why their games never work at launch.they have countless studios all over the worldand they end up with the most diverse creative teams almost by accident as a result. The downside of this obviously being that there is real communication issues leading to buggy messes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the internet has a "problem" problem
https://twitter.com/ns_media/status/840233974995791872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
bonus: some not-so-subtle racism at assuming the woman was the kids' nanny and not their mom

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol. like do these people ever turn the gently caress off. is there anything that doesn't loving "offend" them. i was on the mass effect thread and a few people were unironicaly extreamly upset that the new game has space exploration and colonazation on it. because that means it be just like the congo and columbus.

wd2 was still pretty stupid for a lot of reasons tho, like the stupid-rear end lcd face guy who never shut the gently caress up

i liked it. its not perfect and it has issues but it was fun. which is more then anything 1 ever did.

Byolante posted:

I would argue the reason Ubisoft does diversity right is inextricably linked to why their games never work at launch.they have countless studios all over the worldand they end up with the most diverse creative teams almost by accident as a result. The downside of this obviously being that there is real communication issues leading to buggy messes.

maybe. you could be on too something there. they have been less buggy of late though.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I just watched a scary as gently caress video (I realize it's a youtube, list one), but holy gently caress, this country could really use an upgrade to it's infrastructure amongst other things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_DpUF1fvuc

Christ, it's even saying that the pressure of having to work so much to pay off student loans (of 300k plus) could indirectly lead to MISSILEERS going nutso and yeah.

How is this not being used by someone on the political left to demonstrate how hosed we are and why we need to stop electing people taking corporate money? Christ I know even TRUMP voters who are terrified of the stuff that would be in this video, and would not object to measures to improve the matters.

A "New Deal" in this country really needs to be pushed by someone, and I mean now.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I think GWB yucking it up on Ellen recently is the perfect metaphor for everything wrong politically today.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

john yoo and alberto gonzalez are also two other people that are looked at as "good," if their appearances on news programs are any indication

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. like do these people ever turn the gently caress off. is there anything that doesn't loving "offend" them. i was on the mass effect thread and a few people were unironicaly extreamly upset that the new game has space exploration and colonazation on it. because that means it be just like the congo and columbus.

Rocks are people too, rear end in a top hat.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

steinrokkan posted:

Rocks are people too, rear end in a top hat.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

FisheyStix posted:

I feel like constant high flying gunfights would make it hard on someone with autism's aversion to overstimulation.

Her whole thing is sitting in the corner building turrets and teleporters while everyone else shoots each other, so yeah.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Kyle on how lovely our infrastructure is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJP9zsWWqcY

"BUT WE CAN'T AFFORD IT!", said the Republicans and Democrats voting on massive bills to help give Wall Street tax cuts, help give corporations welfare and help out the Millitary Industrial Complex.

Seriously. It's time for a New loving Deal.

e: In case you're wondering. Donald Trump is more popular than Hillary, and the Dems. Holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDjT5qKbjh0

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Jill Stein presents the Green New Deal

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
It's like the old New Deal, with the polio but now with more JO crystals

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

y

logikv9 posted:

It's like the old New Deal, with the polio but now with more JO crystals

Yeah, i'm not a fan of that element of the greens.

I do think a "New Deal" in this country is needed very badly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/ChazBono/status/840614443167842309

• Locked thread