Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost
I just started The People v OJ Simpson and hachi machi the casting in this is astounding. I'm also surprised at how much of the events I remember once the show started jogging my memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just watched that too. Really liked it overall, although there were a few cheesy moments in there. The shows tendency to introduce characters not by some subtle text on the screen, but by someone else dramatically saying their name was a little goofy. "Well hello, MARCIA CLARK." "Nice to see you again as well, ROBERT SHAPIRO."

That, and Robert Kardashians speech to his kids about fame being fleeting, and then his horrified "OH GOD, I've created a monster!" look on his face as his kids are ignoring his advice.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
American Crime Story season 1 was real good. Fun trashy television that actually had an interesting perspective and was able to show how 1) OJ totally loving did that poo poo, and 2) why a jury would honestly have reasonable doubt.

Edit: Travolta's performance as a terrifying plastic Golem fueled by both rage and foppish vanity was amazing. It was never "good acting" but it was consistently electrifying

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Hap and Leonard is really something. I missed Michael Little more than I realized, and I did not expect the movie to go there that quickly. Him being paired with Thomas Jane elevated this one to a level I was really not expecting at all.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone else watch The Path? I feel like I'm the only person watching it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Detective No. 27 posted:

I do!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

coyo7e posted:

Hap and Leonard ...Thomas Jane.,,

Odd way to spell Mark Anthony.

Good show, although I'd call Tits and Cricket the highlights.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I know it's old news for this thread but I finally got around to giving Longmire a look and drat. That is a good show so far. Am just a third of the way into season 2 and really enjoying it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Detective No. 27 posted:

I like it. Though I'm a bit iffy with the last episode having Eddy dream about the same place he was about to be kidnapped. I really hope they don't start going the direction of "this poo poo is real".

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

That Works posted:

I know it's old news for this thread but I finally got around to giving Longmire a look and drat. That is a good show so far. Am just a third of the way into season 2 and really enjoying it.
there a couple of missteps but you're in for a long, good ride on the back of that white cowpoke

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

That Works posted:

It's overall a very good show, Lou Diamond Phillips in particular just crushes it out of the park, unfortunately the younger characters (except for Katie Sackhoff, who's not really that young anyway) aren't nearly as well-played as their elders. Some of the single-episode mysteries are really well done, too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Finally getting around to watching Leah Remini's show. Episode 1 and already everything is hosed.

It's weird that it's cheaper to buy the episodes individually than the whole season on Amazon.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Okay, okay, so My Golden Days/My Golden Years/Trois souvenirs de ma jeunesse is technically some sort of prequel to a '96 French film - that doesn't mean you shouldn't take a break from mediocre television to watch it.

Because of the nature of modern streaming technology: YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE, IT'S NOT JUST ON NETFLIX BUT ON AMAZON, ITUNES, AND loving YOUTUBE SO, for what it's worth, watch My Golden Days.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Filthy Hans posted:

It's overall a very good show, Lou Diamond Phillips in particular just crushes it out of the park, unfortunately the younger characters (except for Katie Sackhoff, who's not really that young anyway) aren't nearly as well-played as their elders. Some of the single-episode mysteries are really well done, too.

Yeah I've been surprised with Lou Diamond Phillips so far, he's done well there. Katie Sackhoff's character has been good so far. She's really good at the reaction responses to Walt all the time. I felt like she's been real solid into season 2.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Fuuuuck Patriot was totally my poo poo. So good.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I gave it a shot in Season 1 but was thoroughly bored by it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lycus posted:

I gave it a shot in Season 1 but was thoroughly bored by it.

Same. I hear it gets better in S2 but I've got other, better television and a ton of video games between me and that.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
The Path seems to have gotten worse in season two. The plot becomes more contrived in several ways and many of the characters become much more annoying, especially Cal and Hawk.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Ultimate Beastmaster on Netflix is almost perfectly stupid, it's worth checking out the first five minutes or so even if the idea of a Ninja Warrior ripoff doesn't appeal to you

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I haven't yet gotten over the betrayal I felt when I realized it wasn't a reboot of The Beastmaster

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thumbnails alone gave me a good laugh but I can't imagine I'll ever watch it. That hideous dragon statue surrounding the entire course is just...

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

The thumbnails alone gave me a good laugh but I can't imagine I'll ever watch it. That hideous dragon statue surrounding the entire course is just...

It does make me wish a giant ninja in jorts and a wifebeater sat astride all the courses in American Ninja Warrior, though.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

They really commit to the giant dragon thing for two rounds, you get to hear Terry Crews screaming about The Beast's Blood (water hazards) a lot. After that they randomly introduce something called an Energy Pyramid

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cithen posted:

The Path seems to have gotten worse in season two. The plot becomes more contrived in several ways and many of the characters become much more annoying, especially Cal and Hawk.

Eh, Cal has always been a creepy sociopath. Hawk grew up in the cult, so it makes sense that he'd be insufferable, plus he's 16.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

morestuff posted:

They really commit to the giant dragon thing for two rounds, you get to hear Terry Crews screaming about The Beast's Blood (water hazards) a lot. After that they randomly introduce something called an Energy Pyramid

Without having watched this show, I'm just assuming it's actually the Aggro-crag.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maybe I should watch this.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The key thing with Beastmaster is they've succeeded in making it seem like everyone involved really, really wants to win this thing for some reason. That includes the various international announce teams, who obviously stand to make 0 dollars in prize money but still go absolutely apeshit when one of their contestants does well/faceplants.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Maybe I should watch this.

They play a pants-ripping sound effect every time someone falls

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
RE: Patriot don't know why it didn't occur to me until yesterday but I'm pretty sure John's songs are a nod to Mark Kozcilek aka Red House Painters aka Sun Kil Moon, what with the whole "lyrics that are very literal" thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFMeLd7Tt4I

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I'm watching The Badlands to answer the timeless question -- how bad could it be?

10 minutes in and I'm already regretting asking the question in the first place.

edit: gave up in the first episode, it is even worse than I had heard

Filthy Hans fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 9, 2017

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Now watch Hemlock Grove

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

GonSmithe posted:

Now watch Hemlock Grove

How dare you

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Patriot is so loving good. Only have the last two episodes left but if it sticks the landing it will probably be my favorite show of the last several years.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

It does, and I'm in the middle of rewatching it already.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Filthy Hans posted:

I'm watching The Badlands to answer the timeless question -- how bad could it be?

10 minutes in and I'm already regretting asking the question in the first place.

edit: gave up in the first episode, it is even worse than I had heard

Sorry to hear you hate fun! The Badlands is bad in the best possible way. Can't wait for the next season.

I just watched I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore and it was pretty great! It felt a lot like a Coen Bros movie to me with the dumb protagonists, incompetent criminals and shocking, comical violence. I didn't know anything about it going in and at one point I was like "huh, that looks like the Grocery Outlet just off Sandy". Sure enough, it was filmed in Portland. Also, that definitely is David Yow from the Jesus Lizard and now I really want a rad Saxon t-shirt.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Love Season 2 is out now. Looking forward to watching it this weekend.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Burning Hands is up. It's super, super loving intense, and the way they use the stage of a black college full of classes about slavery and freedom and subjugation to parallel the fraternity hazing works really well.

Also the trailer for Iron Fist came up today, looking forward to it.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Love season 2 is up in case you didn't get a notification on your phone like I did

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Is Fargo season 2 on any of the streaming services? I could have sworn it was on Hulu when I started s1, and a week later it was gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Enos Cabell posted:

Is Fargo season 2 on any of the streaming services? I could have sworn it was on Hulu when I started s1, and a week later it was gone.
I'm guessing it will hit Hulu in mid April when season 3 starts airing. You sure you didn't see those stupid clips that Hulu likes to confuse you with?