Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Oh boy.... Animations look so stiff and distracting. All of the human males have small shoulders or too big of heads too.

Oh well I'll take it as long as the game play and combat is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

Rabid Snake posted:

Oh boy.... Animations look so stiff and distracting. All of the human males have small shoulders or too big of heads too.

Oh well I'll take it as long as the game play and combat is great.
Apparently Ryder's build is realistic, and the Shepherd build with its smaller head and larger body is actually unrealistic. That's what I read elsewhere anyways.

I feel like Bioware has been regressing when it comes to facial animations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mars4523 posted:

Seems more like they've been holding still for a long time. It would make sense that with the volume of people they've lost that all they can do is stitch together existing animations from game to game.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mars4523 posted:

Apparently Ryder's build is realistic, and the Shepherd build with its smaller head and larger body is actually unrealistic. That's what I read elsewhere anyways.

Lmao loving nope, unless Ryder is like 5' nothing are the proportions "realistic"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Mars4523 posted:

Never felt that Shepard's build was unrealistic. Except femshep. Her arms were twigs which didn't quite make sense to me given her status as literally the best special forces soldier in the galaxy.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Realistic meaning that it's closer to human proportions whereas Shepard has a more heroic build. It's based on how many head lengths tall you are.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Lmao loving nope, unless Ryder is like 5' nothing are the proportions "realistic"

I wonder if he gets short man syndrome

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pattonesque posted:

I don't know why this is the case but like 99% of developers are loving terrible at their own games. the good ones seem to only ever be from the art department for some reason

theyre busy making a game instead of playing it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
My first playthrough of ME:A is going to use both human characters all the way through. Liam and whatsterface. We're going to be British Colonials that pillage every native civilisation in wanton acts of looting.

I'll make sure to set my armor color to "matte khaki" then hope for a pith helmet.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Khaki pants, red coat. You can bring Krogan Friday though too, no need for a suboptimal playthrough.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ryder's proportions are completely normal.

Shepard is an apex specimen, I agree, but the fact is that human beings have more than one body type.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

not in my mass effect

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It's pretty realistic that you'd only bring short people on your longass intergalactic voyage imo, saves on fuel and cargo space.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Red Bones posted:

It's pretty realistic that you'd only bring short people on your longass intergalactic voyage imo, saves on fuel and cargo space.

Mi-Go brains in jars would save on even more cargo space and fuel.

Limbs and full bodies are an unnecessary burden for the expedition.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

Never felt that Shepard's build was unrealistic. Except femshep. Her arms were twigs which didn't quite make sense to me given her status as literally the best special forces soldier pull-up champion in the galaxy.

:colbert:

skooky
Oct 2, 2013
how short is ryder actually. i want the hard facts

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Femshep out macho-ing everyone and punching people in a dress was pretty good, My only regret was that she didn't have 1950s style old lady glasses and some sort of decorative hair net while she did it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

skooky posted:

Ryder short so what

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

skooky posted:

Pictured: Ryder with dad

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mars4523 posted:

It's striking to me how much worse these faces look than even Inquisition's.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

exquisite tea posted:

It's striking to me how much worse these faces look than even Inquisition's.

I'm interested to see if any reviewers say anything along the lines of "So, this is basically Inquisition in space and doesn't come close to even trying to match Witcher 3". The conversations in the Tempest crew video seemed like your stock standard A/B Bioware blocking.

I mean, it's of course going to get 9/10 and such, but y'know.

The thing that grabbed me most about the launch trailer was the music. I actually thought it was a decent remix, with the booming drums, and it definitely sold the idea that the Ryder siblings are untested kids given a huge responsibility. And it seems very obvious that Bioware is going with something like "Here we are in Andromeda, looking for a new home, but we need to save these poor innocent souls from the Evil Rock People Who Are Bad Invaders And We Are Good Colonisers."

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Mar 11, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I sincerely hope that Andromeda ends up being smarter than it looks and surprises me with its story like Horizon: Zero Dawn did, but I dunno, this Whendonesque schtick is running thin in 2017.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Even if the story is awful the combat looks rad as hell.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RatHat posted:

Even if the story is awful the combat looks rad as hell.

Yeah like ME:3 I'm expecting the multiplayer to be the real drawcard after week 1.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Timespy posted:

lmfao gently caress

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
is this how you all see short people?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Timespy posted:

The son in the picture can't be Ryder, it's still too tall.

MadBimber posted:

is this how you all see short people?

Don't see them at all from up here. :dukedog:

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

BrianWilly posted:

Ryder's proportions are completely normal.

Shepard is an apex specimen, I agree, but the fact is that human beings have more than one body type.
Yeah, why bother sending people that are actually in excellent physical condition on a long rear end Noah's ark style voyage where medical resources are likely to be scare and conditions are likely to be physically taxing when you can send Jane and Joe limpdick over there instead.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

SweetBro posted:

Yeah, why bother sending people that are actually in excellent physical condition on a long rear end Noah's ark style voyage where medical resources are likely to be scare and conditions are likely to be physically taxing when you can send Jane and Joe limpdick over there instead.
By that logic we'd only send Krogan.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

By that logic we'd only send Krogan.

...and?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

we need to save these poor innocent souls from the Evil Rock People Who Are Bad Invaders And We Are Good Colonisers."

It's the Human Man's Burden.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We should donate smallpox blankets to the native aliens.

Maybe trade some cheap plastic beads for a habitable world or two.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DancingShade posted:

We should donate smallpox blankets to the native aliens.

Maybe trade some cheap plastic beads for a habitable world or two.

shady

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i have done my absolute best to remove myself from the hype around this game, and completely forgot it was a thing up until my facebook feed filled up with people playing it

tell me, thread. what is it going to take to get you to give up on BioWare? The ME3 fiasco was terrible, and DA:I was pretty milquetoast for a singleplayer MMORPG. Why do you keep coming back? What does ME: A do to warrant a return to the series that doesn't coincide with fellating a gun?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
As someone who hated the "quipy" humor of DA:I, I am surprised that I kinda dig the humor so far here at least in the Liam mission. If I can make my Ryder a manlet version of star lord, with heart of gold and ruthless streak and banging aliens.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

As someone who hated the "quipy" humor of DA:I, I am surprised that I kinda dig the humor so far here at least in the Liam mission. If I can make my Ryder a manlet version of star lord, with heart of gold and ruthless streak and banging aliens.

is there a Sera

this is important, because the desire to find a way to kill that character conflicted with my completionist streak

e: and knowledge that future games would punish me for not adoring a terrible character

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
If i cant get the proper short experience like looking up to everything and being knocked with boobs on the top of the head i will be very disappointed and that will reflect in my official blog review.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

quote:

Scott Michael Ryder (born 21 March 2163) Height. 6' 0½" (184 cm).

quote:

http://www.biowarestore.com/commander-shepard-16-scale-threezero-figure.html

This saute is 12 inches tall, it's 1/6 of Shepard's height.

12 times 6 = 72 inches = 6 feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Clawtopsy posted:

is there a Sera

this is important, because the desire to find a way to kill that character conflicted with my completionist streak

e: and knowledge that future games would punish me for not adoring a terrible character

Lol. None of them do so far, thank god.