Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Ora Tzo posted:

Such messaging will go over better in QLD.
What about the part where Hanson suggested QLD give some of their GST share to WA for the hell of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

DJ David Oldfield.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Enlighten me Auspol, but should Liberal candidate Julian Jacobs have been handing out How-To-Votes in the electorate he's contesting?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

SecretOfSteel posted:

Enlighten me Auspol, but should Liberal candidate Julian Jacobs have been handing out How-To-Votes in the electorate he's contesting?

It helps but its not mandated or law or anything.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

:fuckoff:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Seems like a decent time to drop this too

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/840394727316832256

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/AndrewLamingMP/status/840138918804701187

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

This was hard

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

yep, real loving tough

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The South Australian Government is in discussions with Tesla and Atlassian regarding billionaire tech entrepreneur Elon Musk's offer to fix the state's electricity woes with battery storage, a spokesman for the Premier has confirmed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-11/tesla-storage-proposal-for-sa-should-not-be-ignored/8344730

At least our state government seems generally competent and scandal free

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

It loving staggers me how blind some people are to privilege to the point where they publicly go and write something like this and that the subject herself seems to honestly believe it was all her own work rather than having every single thing in her life handed to her on a silver plate.

Who was that old AusPol regular who said that his father "chose" to be poor.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

:lol:

Every loving time one of these shitbags writes an article like this it's always the same story.

"Everything I did, I did by myself."

"Except for all the things that got handed to me. Which was everything."

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Gorilla Salad posted:

It loving staggers me how blind some people are to privilege to the point where they publicly go and write something like this and that the subject herself seems to honestly believe it was all her own work rather than having every single thing in her life handed to her on a silver plate.

Who was that old AusPol regular who said that his father "chose" to be poor.

That thing must be satire, surely. It hits every point at every step.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

starkebn posted:

That thing must be satire, surely. It hits every point at every step.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/how-ebony-horton-paid-off-220000-worth-of-student-loans-in-3-years-2017-3?r=US&IR=T

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Though Horton was reluctant at first, she eventually agreed. They ponied up all the cash they could muster for a $US42,000 two-unit condo, allowing Horton to rake in even more funds to put toward her loans.

The strategy worked so well that the couple ended up purchasing another $US55,000 unit shortly thereafter.

HMMMMMMMMM

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
if you too put $10,000 a month towards paying off debt you can do it!

I still don't believe it's not a fabrication.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The ABC posted:

A preference deal struck with the Liberal Party head of the West Australian election has ended up hurting One Nation, the party's leader Pauline Hanson says.

Ms Hanson joined One Nation supporters at a polling booth in Baldivis in Perth's southern suburbs on election day, handing out how-to-vote cards to voters.

Earlier, a Newspoll published in The Australian newspaper showed a marked drop in support for One Nation, which peaked at 13 per cent at the start of February but dropped to 8 per cent in the wake of the preference deal with the Liberals and ongoing problems with candidates.

The Liberals agreed to preference One Nation ahead of the Nationals in Upper House regional areas in the state, in return for One Nation preferencing the Liberals over Labor in all Lower House seats it contested.

Today Ms Hanson conceded the deal had not helped her party.

"It's been the biggest topic, people ask me about preferences and they don't understand the voting system, the preference system, the preferences. I'd like it to be introduced into the educational system.

"I think that's where most of the damage has come from."

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/inthehansard/status/840370399439331329

I had to unfollow Found in the Hansard because so much of it is mind meltingly aaaaaaaaaaa

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Bogan King posted:

It's been the biggest topic, people ask me about preferences and they don't understand the voting system, the preference system, the preferences. I'd like it to be introduced into the educational system.

Looks like today is the day I agree with a One Nation policy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

"Just have a rich extended family that gives you lots of material help every step of the way."

Get fuuuuuuucked indeed:argh:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

starkebn posted:

if you too put $10,000 a month towards paying off debt you can do it!

I still don't believe it's not a fabrication.

It's almost certainly a fabrication and I bet those 105k likes/retweets whatever the gently caress they are were from bots.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

So the WA senate ballot was using the old system, meaning I done went through 58 people to make sure the Tories, Christians and Anti Fluoride ( :wtc: ) parties were dead last

I assume the concensus was the new system used last year was vastly superior. Why didn't we get it for our state election?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i'm a big fan of relying on rich family members to not die, then yelling BOOTSTRAPS

but in the sense that i like not dying and also yelling the word bootstraps, not as an ideological thing, that would be idiotic

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Paingod556 posted:

So the WA senate ballot was using the old system, meaning I done went through 58 people to make sure the Tories, Christians and Anti Fluoride ( :wtc: ) parties were dead last

I assume the concensus was the new system used last year was vastly superior. Why didn't we get it for our state election?

Each state runs it's own election. For an example, the VEC runs the Victorian state election. Federal elections are run by the AEC.

LOL Hanson is already crying about her party being shafted by the Liberals in WA.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Paingod556 posted:

We are 10 years behind.

Vote DSP to only be 9 years, 364 days and 23 hours behind for one half of the year!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Just for a break from WA hilarity, here's a good Well May We Say about housing (show note links and download), worth a listen because some of the tricks of the rotten land trade are still being ignored even with a well-meaning Victorian government.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Drink a beer for each seat the Tories lose?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Edit this out dude, Lowtax gets visits whenever people make death threats

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Ya wot m8?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Only for people who matter.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Suicide pacts are cool and good.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Ok a standard drink per seat.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
2 minutes until coverage starts. Narrow victory, landslide, or nuked from orbit?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Inge posted:

nuked from orbit

This but for real

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/840490223674974208

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

But Trump, Brexit.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/840492646594363392

ON 6 lol

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

WA best state?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
One Nation gets surprise win HEH TAKE THAT YOU SHOULD'VE REACHED OUT TO THESE PEOPLE

• Locked thread