Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Roth posted:

I don't know, those pages are at least supposed to be an explosion of chaotic violence.

The head at the bottom of the last page has me cracking up. Did she just cut it off? Did it fly in from somewhere else? Why is it so small?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The head at the bottom of the last page has me cracking up. Did she just cut it off? Did it fly in from somewhere else? Why is it so small?

Stardust the Super Wizard showed up.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Roth posted:

From The Old Guard #1

Huh, I didn't know Michael Bay was writing and drawing comics.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's a new Greg Rucka comic

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Context free those panels are mostly indecipherable. It's just a bunch of weirdly drawn people shooting at each other.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty much every fight scene from the latest One punch Man could go here.

https://imgur.com/a/3sOvJ

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-O posted:

Context free those panels are mostly indecipherable. It's just a bunch of weirdly drawn people shooting at each other.

That's true. I had just read the issue before posting that, and thought it was a really cool scene. Hoped it would interest people on the book, but oh well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

That's true. I had just read the issue before posting that, and thought it was a really cool scene. Hoped it would interest people on the book, but oh well.

Greg Rucka alone interests me in the book. But I won't try it out until the first arc is done. What's the elevator pitch for the book?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Immortal soldiers who have existed since ancient times strive to keep their secret safe while still carrying out missions.

A bit like Lazarus, but more supernatural than scientific (I assume based on what the book has said so far, at least).

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Threep posted:

Wild Storm #1 (the new one): Angie Spica (the Engineer) is not happy being a superhero, but someone has to do something

Her t-shirt says "Full Metal Coder".

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
it would be way better if it said full metal tshirt

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Doom...

Even his greatest foes respect his rule

Even those who would rise against are him are left in awe

While they are tormented by his genius intellect...

Doom! :doom:

Invincible Doom!

:gaz: DOOM :gaz:

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Somebody please photoshop a guitar into Doom's hands in that last panel.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

That was one of the best arcs of Super Villain Team Up ever.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Dunno why he's so surprised that Doom looks after his employees, a good servant is hard to find.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The crosshatch shading on that dude's face in the second to last one, goodness gracious

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Threep posted:

Wild Storm #1 (the new one): Angie Spica (the Engineer) is not happy being a superhero, but someone has to do something

(cut out a few pages of transformation sequence)

What were the regular, human, non-super powered bystanders supposed to do about the man falling from a skyscraper?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Vincent posted:

What were the regular, human, non-super powered bystanders supposed to do about the man falling from a skyscraper?

Take a video for Worldstar hip-hop.

For fucks sake, it's like you didn't even look at the panels.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Doom cares about the environment

And keeping up appearances

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Writing out accents phonetically should be a fireable offense.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Vincent posted:

She's in a world full of superheroes and is looking to see if there's another one around who can deal with it instead of her.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

X-Men '92

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Ah'm nigh invulnerable when ah'm blastin.

See also Banshee, Rogue, Gambit, Colossus.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Wrong. it CAN help characterization

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Holy poo poo I had that comic book when it was new! Even as a thumbnail I recognized that sequence.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Should have a big sign reading "The Amazing X-menagerie."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Herr Tog posted:

Wrong. it CAN help characterization

Using "yore" instead of "your" should be a capital crime. (They don't even sound different.)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They mean entirely different things though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

prefect posted:

Using "yore" instead of "your" should be a capital crime. (They don't even sound different.)

How the gently caress do you pronounce 'you' then? 'Your' sounds like the letter U with an r sound. Yore is like 'yo' with an r.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Huh? Maybe it's just how we pronounce things here in Texas, but Yore and Your/You're sound the same.
Perhaps it is you who is pronouncing it weirdly :ssh:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh for fucks sake, this is like when people didn't think "Squirrel" and "Girl" rhymed.
Yore, Your and You're all sound mostly the same.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

See what I mean? Phonetic accents is just brits typing out how proper english sounds to their mutant ears.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I recently had a strange conversation with an English lady. She thought that since Americans pronounce Ts in the middle of words more like Ds, that we might actually pronounce the name of the letter "T" as "dee".

"How would you spell caterpillar?"

:confused: The same way.

"Go on. C, A...?"

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Gaz-L posted:

How the gently caress do you pronounce 'you' then? 'Your' sounds like the letter U with an r sound. Yore is like 'yo' with an r.

I have never heard anyone pronounce the U in "your," in any context, regardless of accent. It sounds identical to "yore."

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-1_9-z9rbY

Edit: To stay on topic, here's a panel from John Lewis' March, which should be read in its entirety for the chronicle of badassery that it is.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 12, 2017

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

LSBSLV
SVMMSRS
CRSSD
PHLLPX

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Zombie Dachshund posted:

LSBSLV
SVMMSRS
CRSSD
PHLLPX

Especially since Sinister is supposed to be pretty cultured, he should know this. Misuse of Greek and Cyrillic characters drives me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Diet Poison posted:

Especially since Sinister is supposed to be pretty cultured, he should know this. Misuse of Greek and Cyrillic characters drives me crazy.

Yeah but he's from Victorian England, isn't he? They were basically all about taking other cultures' poo poo and using it the way they damned well pleased, accuracy be damned.