Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Full Zelda GDC video if you're interested in BotW development. You should be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyMsF31NdNc

A video I cannot watch because I am not in Trumpland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lffXgSUZqFk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

SuperMarrio posted:

Zelda spoiler:

Please don't post Zelda spoilers outside of the Zelda thread.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wheany posted:

Please don't post Zelda spoilers outside of the Zelda thread.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Here's a Zelda spoiler for you: It's good.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rexroom posted:

That doesn't spoil anything. Also, understatement

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Calling the greatest game ever "good" is the biggest understatement.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zelda is great but is it better than Spider-Man 2?

Checkmate.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

a.lo posted:

I assumed battle mode would be online because why wouldn't it
MKWii had a trash battle mode because they designed the courses for 12 player online matches over local 4 player matches. I am excited for the first ptoper battle mode since double dash!!!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I've barely touched the main zelda quest line cause I'm too busy doing all the other fun random stuff they jammed into this game. Zelda is crazy good.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
So who here scratched their switch screen with the dock or is this the internet complaining about one thing some idiot did like bendgazi on the iPhone 6..

Edit: I ask this because my switch left morocco yesterday which means I will probably have it in hand on Monday and now I'm starting to worry about the scratches.

EpicNemesis fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 11, 2017

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
My switch can't connect to my 5G wifi signal. Anyone know a workaround to this?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shards of Fate posted:

Is there a bunch of stuff in the way? 5G doesn't like going through walls and objects.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shards of Fate posted:

My wireless is 5G only and the Switch works fine on it. :iiam:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I am surprised that a week after the Switch is out, after all the anxiety over storage space and supported microSD cards, after all the teardowns people have done of the system, nobody knows at all if the Switch supports UHS-2 speeds or not.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just want to say that Blaster Master is pretty drat good, and gets a lot harder once you reach a certain boss.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Soul Glo posted:

Also the GC controller was dumb and bad, I know one of you goofballs would pick that one.

It's me, I'm that guy. SNES second. But I never had the Wii U pro controller, everyone raved about it. The Switch pro controller is a ridiculous upgrade from anything I'm used to. The $40 wired one I bought at some bad store can go in the trash.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

EpicNemesis posted:

So who here scratched their switch screen with the dock or is this the internet complaining about one thing some idiot did like bendgazi on the iPhone 6..

Edit: I ask this because my switch left morocco yesterday which means I will probably have it in hand on Monday and now I'm starting to worry about the scratches.

You cant scratch your screen unless you get a defective dock that has the front top part bent backwards slightly. If you put the switch in the dock and have enough gap at the front to fit a penny in all the way through top to bottom then you have a good dock.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rexroom posted:

Uh how can Zelda be good if there are so many 0 User score ratings on Metacritic?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Uh how can Zelda be good if there are so many 0 User score ratings on Metacritic?

as miamoto once said, "a game can be good with time because over time a game can be good while a bad game takes very little or no time that is why it is bad."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Which is better Ocarina of Time or Breath of the Wild?

Discuss for 4000 pages.

It's Breath

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Handheld mode is def the way to go with Blaster Master

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Infinitum posted:

Discuss for 4000 pages.

It's Breath

A Link to the Past

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Has there been a better launch title
than Breath of the Wild?

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Discuss for 4000 pages.

It's Breath

I'm the guy who through the years maintained that OoT was GOAT. The answer is Breath.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's a Zelda spoiler: imagined I googled an image of someone's car where they added a spoiler with lie, a triforce painted on or something, and then posted that image.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bowmore posted:

than Breath of the Wild?

Tetris

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bowmore posted:

than Breath of the Wild?

Arguably Mario 64

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ never been a fan, the music is great though

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

BotW is ok

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

bowmore posted:

than Breath of the Wild?

Super Mario World is literally a perfect game. BotW, while extraordinarily impressive, is not.

Same thing for Tetris.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

bowmore posted:

than Breath of the Wild?

~*✨opinions✨*~

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Just wanted to stop in here with a bit of a personal opinion, I think Zelda might be all right.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Just wanted to stop in here with a bit of a personal opinion, I think Zelda might be all right.

:yeah:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Blaster Master is GOTY.

If Zelda: BOTW didn't already claim the award.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Is there a button combo or something I can use to pull up the home menu when I'm playing with just a left Joy-Con?

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Smart move from Nintendo to not have cloud saving, less people will want to RMA their half-broken hardware with their precious Zelda saves on it.

Reggie wins again!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Zelda dones't have a way to save gear into sets you gotta manually re-equip poo poo all the time 3/10 garbage poo poo game halo has way better graphics

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hope the Blaster Master patch that enables the pro controller turns down the rumble a bit, because hoo-boy those things vibrate way too hard.

BM is really good though, and has suddenly become a metroidvania which I am super OK with.

Would recommend purchase!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blaster Master protip: Press the R button on your inventory screen (+) to access the map once you unlock the region.

They don't tell you this anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Blaster Master tip: turn rumble off when playing on the tv, as for some reason the game is stupid and the switch will rumble in the dock, which is worrying.

• Locked thread