Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
lol

https://twitter.com/bax_books/status/839288067986857984

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

divabot posted:

ContraPoints: What the Alt-Right Fears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3XjRO4-kGk

I endorse this degeneracy so loving hard. You will hear other excellent people, e.g. voiceover assistance from HBomberGuy.

also, nice boots

fan-loving-TASTIC

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Hey, what happened with PJW sending a reporter to Sweden anyway?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Hey, what happened with PJW sending a reporter to Sweden anyway?

He's sending an inforwars "reporter" instead.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

ikanreed posted:

Oh wow, you weren't kidding.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Oh god it's everything I've ever wanted in life

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

I love it when the Alpha Male Harem thing comes up.

You'd think that, somewhere, in some timeline, one of these guys would be edge-lordy enough to apply "evo psych" to "ALL THE HOT BITCHES ARE BANGING THAT ONE CHAD," stir in a little "In a duly righteous Traditionalism, polygamy is the norm," and at least ONE of them would come up with something like, "Beta males being useless eaters/perma-masturbators is the Great Way of Humans, your beta sons should be set upon the plains to be eaten by mammoths/turned into pederast-fodder as is good and correct for fully realized human-creature thriving."

Seriously. Someone sell Mister Mean Spirited on this. I want to see someone connect these dots.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Space Poodle posted:

I love it when the Alpha Male Harem thing comes up.

You'd think that, somewhere, in some timeline, one of these guys would be edge-lordy enough to apply "evo psych" to "ALL THE HOT BITCHES ARE BANGING THAT ONE CHAD," stir in a little "In a duly righteous Traditionalism, polygamy is the norm," and at least ONE of them would come up with something like, "Beta males being useless eaters/perma-masturbators is the Great Way of Humans, your beta sons should be set upon the plains to be eaten by mammoths/turned into pederast-fodder as is good and correct for fully realized human-creature thriving."

Seriously. Someone sell Mister Mean Spirited on this. I want to see someone connect these dots.

I feel like he'd definitely buy it if you spun it the right way, but I think he's too shriveled and hateful to be particularly resentful about other people having sex anymore, so he wouldn't really care

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
If feminism is the strong side why don't these rationalist idiots join up and claim their share of the spoils

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

ikanreed posted:

lmao

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I feel like he'd definitely buy it if you spun it the right way, but I think he's too shriveled and hateful to be particularly resentful about other people having sex anymore, so he wouldn't really care

True, but still, it would rile up the dudes who do care, and he could sneer down on them from his high horse. It's a win.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I love you archive.org

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Since i hate myself (obv. cause I'm reading this thread) but don't want any bleeding automated ads for their ilk, do any of the usual suspects have stuff to say about the 'Proud boys'?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Samovar posted:

Since i hate myself (obv. cause I'm reading this thread) but don't want any bleeding automated ads for their ilk, do any of the usual suspects have stuff to say about the 'Proud boys'?

I never had the Disney channel as a kid so I wouldn't know. I think the general consensus among people my age is that it was pretty okay as cartoons targeted at african-americans go. Presumably neoreactionaries hate it for cultural degeneracy

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I never had the Disney channel as a kid so I wouldn't know. I think the general consensus among people my age is that it was pretty okay as cartoons targeted at african-americans go. Presumably neoreactionaries hate it for cultural degeneracy

I think you're confusing the TV show The Proud Family, a Disney Channel sitcom, with:

Wikipedia article on Proud Boys posted:

Proud Boys social-political conservative movement based in the United States, which the New Yorker described as a “pro-Western fraternal organization” for men who “refuse to apologize for creating the modern world.” The group was founded by libertarian/conservative podcaster Gavin McInnes in 2016.[1][unreliable source?]

The group takes its name from the showtune Proud of Your Boy, a song introduced in the 2011 stage-show version of Disney's Aladdin.[2][3] Proud Boys are supposed to practice abstinence from masturbation.[3]

[1] Osnos, Evan (2017-02-06). "Trump Supporters at the DeploraBall". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
[2] "The fratty Proud Boys are the alt right's weirdest new phenomenon". Medium.com. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
[3] Disser, Nicole (July 28, 2016). Gavin McInnes and his Proud Boys want to make white men great again. Bedfordandbowery.com

Just for reference, this is their founder:

You're welcome

vvv :negative: on my part then, and now I am the face of modern day John Harvey Kellogg in that picture :sterv:

Grace Baiting has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Mar 11, 2017

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Grace Baiting posted:

I think you're confusing the TV show The Proud Family, a Disney Channel sitcom, with:

You're welcome

I knew it was the Proud Family, but I felt like making that joke anyway because I saw the words "Gavin McInnes" when I googled it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Isn't that the same Gavin who was "talking down" the last four wildlife refuge terrorists on the phone and doing such a terrible job David Fry almost shot himself at multiple points? Yeah sure want him telling me what to do with my junk.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Isn't he also the one who was a hipster before it was cool to be a hipster, making him some kind of meta-hipster?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

pookel posted:

Isn't he also the one who was a hipster before it was cool to be a hipster, making him some kind of meta-hipster?

And keeps starting businesses that then fire him when he waves his personality around in public. See also: Pax Dickinson.

He's actually a surprising find in the neoreactionary field, because he's an actually successful person. Actually successful people tend to regard the Dark Enlightenment as losers. Even if they largely agree, they know better than to poo poo it all over the place. (Peter Thiel's famous skit about why women voting is bad notwithstanding.)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

divabot posted:

(Peter Thiel's famous skit about why women voting is bad notwithstanding.)

I haven't seen the skit, but I think the essay containing that passage was from before he became wildly successful.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Subjunctive posted:

I haven't seen the skit, but I think the essay containing that passage was from before he became wildly successful.

That essay's what I meant, and he wrote it in 2009.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

divabot posted:

That essay's what I meant, and he wrote it in 2009.

Welp, never mind then.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Grace Baiting posted:

You're welcome

vvv :negative: on my part then, and now I am the face of modern day John Harvey Kellogg in that picture :sterv:
How does a group dedicated to fetishizing white masculinity end up naming themselves after a Broadway showtune about Arabs?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pitch posted:

How does a group dedicated to fetishizing white masculinity end up naming themselves after a Broadway showtune about Arabs?

That's the point. It's an act of rebellion against the sentiment expressed in the song.

So it remains lame as hell, but is at least internally consistent.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Pitch posted:

Because they're all closet cases.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Because they're all closet cases.

Closet...Arabs?

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Closet...Arabs?

People who exalt 'western civilisation' against the invader are largely in denial about their love of the mediterranean thought tradition that eventually had industrialisation and modernity toss up in one of its provinces, so sorta.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Peel posted:

People who exalt 'western civilisation' against the invader are largely in denial about their love of the mediterranean thought tradition that eventually had industrialisation and modernity toss up in one of its provinces, so sorta.

The Victorians were much more open about their fondess and there were 'Africanists', 'Orientalists', etc, expat types who thoroughly indulged in the privileges of being important colonial citizens. They could pick and choose what they liked about the people they subjugated. These guys nowadays know that people are watching and have to chafe under euphemisms.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Northern Europeans who believe in racial determinism had better explain why their ancestors were chopping people's heads off with broadswords while the Arabs, Indians, and Indigenous South Americans were busy inventing math.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Also why they have the most Neanderthal genes

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
Neanderthal genes are the good ones obvs

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

I'm not here to roast our departed Neanderthal cousins. Everything we know about them is that they were chill as gently caress.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Vox day says he's got all the neanderthal genes so he's a super white man, but on the other hand neanderthals seem cool and when the gently caress has he been right about anything before?

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Neon Noodle posted:

Northern Europeans who believe in racial determinism had better explain why their ancestors were chopping people's heads off with broadswords while the Arabs, Indians, and Indigenous South Americans were busy inventing math.

The Greeks get counted as 'european' and Jesus was [unintelligible mumbling] so all of the classical philosophy and abrahamic theology developed in North Africa and Western Asia from 300 BC to the mid second millennium is actually the exclusive property of pasty ex-barbarians.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Also why they have the most Neanderthal genes

Don't forget Koanic Soul and his many blogposts about the peaceful thals being oppressed by cro-mags and melonheads

(The Dark Enlightenment would love if you forgot him)

The Vosgian Beast has a new favorite as of 19:57 on Mar 13, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Neon Noodle posted:

I'm not here to roast our departed Neanderthal cousins. Everything we know about them is that they were chill as gently caress.

Yeah they stayed and died when the food ran out. Lazy millennials

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Peel posted:

The Greeks get counted as 'european' and Jesus was [unintelligible mumbling] so all of the classical philosophy and abrahamic theology developed in North Africa and Western Asia from 300 BC to the mid second millennium is actually the exclusive property of pasty ex-barbarians.

I love how NRx people can never remember if they like Christianity or not. On the one hand, CHRISTENDOM, on the other hand, Jesus was a Jewish cuck and we should all go back to Asatru.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Neon Noodle posted:

The Would-Be White Nationalist would scoff at this statement and immediately start bitching about the Enlightenment and 19th Century eugenics

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I don't know if these guys are reallly Dark Enlightenment chumps but this bizarre whiny philosophy seems right in line with it. "I send random dick pics cause no-one ever told me I'm pretty" is such a bizarre train of thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Cavelcade posted:

I don't know if these guys are reallly Dark Enlightenment chumps but this bizarre whiny philosophy seems right in line with it. "I send random dick pics cause no-one ever told me I'm pretty" is such a bizarre train of thought.

They're Tumblr rationalists and rationalist-adjacents. (argumate mostly spends his time taunting the rationalists, which is why he was kind enough to introduce dick pics to the discussion.)