Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yawgmoth posted:

I have yet to hear a LARP story that makes me think "man, I wish I could find a LARP group because it sure doesn't sound like a continual shoryuken to the balls!"

Smoked weed for the first time and got a BJ from those so they ain't all that bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
https://twitter.com/machineiv/status/840175244371415040

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Is there a good place to find PBP WoD games aside from waiting for one to pop up in the game room here? I've always wanted to play pretty much anything WoD but have never had the chance. I don't really care if the player base is good or not as long as they're accepting of total newbies.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Pretty sure Onyx Path's forums have PbP.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I am sad that this thread has CoD/WoD devs talking about trying out new things and being self-aware of legacy mechanics and their role in regards to the playerbase, and that Exalted 3e for years has instead been literally comments like "if you want anything but the oWoD BP and scaling XP system, that's just because you want bad rules".

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I've tried a couple times, but didn't have great luck there.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Roadie posted:

I am sad that this thread has CoD/WoD devs talking about trying out new things and being self-aware of legacy mechanics and their role in regards to the playerbase, and that Exalted 3e for years has instead been literally comments like "if you want anything but the oWoD BP and scaling XP system, that's just because you want bad rules".
I'm happy because CoD/WoD puts out more than one book per Ever so it's increasingly likely you can see them try out new things, while the You Think You Want This, But You Don't guys aren't giving us anything.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Attorney at Funk posted:

The secret to integrating Mage cosmology in a crossover game is to remember that mages and Mage players don't actually know anything about Mage cosmology to begin with.

Not at all! It's quite simple, really.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Dammit Who? posted:

Those are the weirdest tonsils I have ever seen.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Dammit Who? posted:

The "steadily increasing gnosis" meme is getting out of hand.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

If that diagram is a little overwhelming at first, there's also a Cliff's Notes version.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Dammit Who? posted:

I find it's easiest to win when you get Void, Vosolid and Solvoid early and then put hotels on them.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I Am Just a Box posted:

If that diagram is a little overwhelming at first, there's also a Cliff's Notes version.

I forgot about this, Red Arcadia is loving killing me.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

I Am Just a Box posted:

Of course the human upgrade is Screw Attack. :quagmire:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Dammit Who? posted:

Is that taken from the Book of the SubGenius?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Dammit Who? posted:

I see you've managed to extract my thoughts and put them in a digital image format. Well done. But can you explain why I can remember all eighteen hidden names of Odin's Sephiroth and not to buy more milk at the store when I need it?! Dare you explain why the wizard forgot his pants when he went on holiday not once, but twice?!

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Loomer posted:

I see you've managed to extract my thoughts and put them in a digital image format. Well done. But can you explain why I can remember all eighteen hidden names of Odin's Sephiroth and not to buy more milk at the store when I need it?! Dare you explain why the wizard forgot his pants when he went on holiday not once, but twice?!

Because you can't risk losing that arcane knowledge! It could fall into the wrong hands! Forgetting pants is nothing compared to that.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I have Vancian Pants. You forget them as soon as you put them on.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Loomer posted:

Dare you explain why the wizard forgot his pants when he went on holiday not once, but twice?!
:airquote:forgot:airquote:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's a DC 120 slight of hand check to steal your own pants without knowing.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Prism posted:

I find it's easiest to win when you get Void, Vosolid and Solvoid early and then put hotels on them.

Ah, the Ministry of Mammon strategy.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I thought vancian pants meant that you were actually wearing 9 pants at once, and could wear pants better than anyone else because you chose the right color of underwear?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Ithink it's finally time for me to find a mage game to join

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

Dammit Who? posted:

Is there a higher resolution of that madness running around the internet anywhere or am I just terrible at GIS?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm super late to the party, but I'd be remiss if I didn't chime in: PbP is fine, PbP is good, PbP can work just as well as any other style of play. My favorite games have been PbP, and I've played in just as many PbP campaigns that have reached their (mostly) intended end-points as I have live play/chat-based games.

You just have to go into it understanding that it's not a live chat-- asynchronicity is a feature, not a bug.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
In real talk, I struggle to think of much with the potential for disaster like a forgetful true mage who uses magic to perform basic tasks but doesn't keep a close eye on his servitor. It's all well and good to conjure a demon to fix your plumbing, but if you don't keep an eye on that demon he's probably going to 'fix' your plumbing using the neighbour's pipes. Or the neighbour's 'plumbing'.

Send a demon to bring the milk, being extremely specific that it must be a certain brand and full-fat? Great idea on paper - saves your brilliant mind for the most important work of advancing humanity. But if you forget you conjured up a demon to just 'get the milk' and it wanders off, well.

That's how you get milk nazis.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kurieg posted:

I forgot about this, Red Arcadia is loving killing me.
I'm not familiar enough with CofD to tell, is Red Arcadia actually a place in the cosmology like I recognize most other places as being?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

I Am Just a Box posted:

Tasoth posted:

Who the gently caress is Carl and why does he have the gravity suit?

Crasical fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 11, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Dude with a Gun should be replaced by nWoD 1E Policeman.

Edit: Sorry, Beat Cop.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Zereth posted:

I'm not familiar enough with CofD to tell, is Red Arcadia actually a place in the cosmology like I recognize most other places as being?

What do you recognize ??? Probably Demon as being from, I want to read that book.

Red Arcadia's just an absurdist crack on how Brinstar in Super Metroid is kind of broken up into two areas aesthetically, so that players end up calling the part after the super missile gate "red Brinstar."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zereth posted:

To expand on what Box said, Brinstar is loving huge in super metroid, and has two rather distinct tilesets with different musical themes. So it's divided up into Brinstar(or Green brinstar) and Red Brinstar.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

I Am Just a Box posted:

Did you make that or was that from somewhere else? :stare:

Regardless, I love how it randomly diverges into Aqua Teen Hunger Force's universe like halfway through a playthrough of it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Archonex posted:

Did you make that or was that from somewhere else? :stare:

Regardless, I love how it randomly diverges into Aqua Teen Hunger Force's universe like halfway through a playthrough of it.
I think Carl is an NPC from some dudes who are basically Deep Ones, and while he's in the community, he's a committed Christian and his name is Carl, not Lblrbl'klo'fpagh.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Nessus posted:

I think Carl is an NPC from some dudes who are basically Deep Ones, and while he's in the community, he's a committed Christian and his name is Carl, not Lblrbl'klo'fpagh.

This is correct. Carl is a werefish, they are basically Deep Ones, and he's from War Against the Pure. He is a devout but poorly educated Christian fishman who thinks those other, weirdo occulty-type fishmen are creepy. He is a boat repairman by trade and hangs out at the local arcade.

I love Carl.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Carl sounds like the kind of guy the WoD could do with more of.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I Am Just a Box posted:

What do you recognize ??? Probably Demon as being from, I want to read that book.

Red Arcadia's just an absurdist crack on how Brinstar in Super Metroid is kind of broken up into two areas aesthetically, so that players end up calling the part after the super missile gate "red Brinstar."
That's the Wrecked Ship, so probably some hosed up malfunctioning Infrastructure with something squatting in it sucking up the Aether. (And the black areas surrounding it should be more Material Realm, they're still Crateria in Super Metroid.)

And ah, right. I remember that now.

I wish I knew who made this so I could ask them if leaving Kraid in intact was intentional or if they just forgot to edit that.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Zereth posted:

I wish I knew who made this so I could ask them if leaving Kraid in intact was intentional or if they just forgot to edit that.

It was absolutely intentional.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Rubix Squid posted:

Is there a higher resolution of that madness running around the internet anywhere or am I just terrible at GIS?

If there is, let me know if you find it.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rubix Squid posted:

Dammit Who? posted:

If there is, let me know if you find it.

It's a 1976 painting by Paul Laffoley, titled Black-White Hole: the Force of the History of the Universe to Produce Total Non-Existence.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Cease to Hope posted:

It's a 1976 painting by Paul Laffoley, titled Black-White Hole: the Force of the History of the Universe to Produce Total Non-Existence.

Oh cmon, can we not directly link to abyssal intruders?