Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

Goddamit Ryder reminds me of Adam Scott for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Timespy posted:

Goddamit Ryder reminds me of Adam Scott for some reason.

I have thought the same. Interesting coincidence that boy Ryder's default name is Scott.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

i have done my absolute best to remove myself from the hype around this game, and completely forgot it was a thing up until my facebook feed filled up with people playing it

tell me, thread. what is it going to take to get you to give up on BioWare? The ME3 fiasco was terrible, and DA:I was pretty milquetoast for a singleplayer MMORPG. Why do you keep coming back? What does ME: A do to warrant a return to the series that doesn't coincide with fellating a gun?

I would give up on Bioware if they stopped making good games that I like. The end of ME3 was disappointing dogshit, sure, but the rest of the game was fantastic. And Inquisition was very good. Even Dragon Age 2, which was a really badly flawed mess, had some fun stuff.

Every indication is that Andromeda will be one of their better games.

Sometimes I wonder if hyperbole slinging Games posters have ever played a properly bad game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

marshmallow creep posted:

I have thought the same. Interesting coincidence that boy Ryder's default name is Scott Shorty.

FTFY

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

marktheando posted:

Sometimes I wonder if hyperbole slinging Games posters have ever played a properly bad game.

Well, it has gotten very easy to avoid awful games. There's so much coverage of everything now that all anyone need do is dig up some raw gameplay to get a good idea of whether or not they might be into it. To find the genuinely terrible these days, you often have to seek them out.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm only human

after all

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lol get this

Ryder small

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I'm only human

after all very smol

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Clawtopsy posted:

tell me, thread. what is it going to take to get you to give up on BioWare? The ME3 fiasco was terrible, and DA:I was pretty milquetoast for a singleplayer MMORPG. Why do you keep coming back? What does ME: A do to warrant a return to the series that doesn't coincide with fellating a gun?

I could play one of the many other sci-fi action RPGs coming out instead, such as

Edit: I'm not sure my PC can run ME:A, do I get to play the 10 hours of Andromeda with EA Premium or whatever it's called without buying the game itself to see if it runs smoothly? Or is there something similar to Steam where you can play a game for an hour and give it back for the full price?

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 11, 2017

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
EA Access will let you demo the game for ten hours without buying it, yes.

That's my plan as well since I can't afford a system upgrade until the end of the year at the earliest.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

:turianass:

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Do we have a discord for MP hookups?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Kinda hope they bring the collectors back for mp those guys are cool as heck

Giv me some Prothean classes too
And a few Geth.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The Collectors are close enough to the Reapers that they'll never be mentioned again. Did the Andromeda Initiative leave pre- or post-ME2?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

CottonWolf posted:

The Collectors are close enough to the Reapers that they'll never be mentioned again. Did the Andromeda Initiative leave pre- or post-ME2?

between ME2 and ME3

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Collectors are cooler than the reaper ground forces though

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/alexdnz/status/840578639087489024

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Peepee blasting herself in the face mere minutes after her introduction to the game would totally redeem the character, in my eyes.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Huh. The collectors might get a passing mention then. And this:

Flipswitch posted:

Collectors are cooler than the reaper ground forces though

is definitely true.

exquisite tea posted:

Peepee blasting herself in the face mere minutes after her introduction to the game would totally redeem the character, in my eyes.

Peebee is a videogames long con rivalled only by Snake in MGS2.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

marktheando posted:

I would give up on Bioware if they stopped making good games that I like. The end of ME3 was disappointing dogshit, sure, but the rest of the game was fantastic. And Inquisition was very good. Even Dragon Age 2, which was a really badly flawed mess, had some fun stuff.

Every indication is that Andromeda will be one of their better games.

Yeah, I guess I'm easily entertained. All these games people rail against as dogshit I enjoy pretty well.

Could be the fact that my job's pretty stressful and some game, any game, is worthwhile to unwind to.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ME1, 2 and 3 are objectively good games

discuss

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Zzulu posted:

discuss

I had fun playing them even though all non Geth are paralysed from the eyebrows up.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I hope multiplayer lets me play a keeper, allowing me to slowly rearrange the map's furnishings.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Zzulu posted:

discuss

They're all competently made. I'm not sure that makes them objectively good, and certainly I don't like them all.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What was the last Bioware game with good writing? kotor?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

discuss

I agree and I've come to realize that what I hated about the ending to 3 was the fandom devouring itself over which ending was the 'best'

You're either a genocide fetishist if you picked Destroy, a dictator if you picked Control, indoctrinated if you picked Synthesis, or a coward if you picked refuse, and that poo poo pissed me off to no end

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 11, 2017

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

DoctorGonzo posted:

What was the last Bioware game with good writing? kotor?

Mass Effect 2, OP. It was also the first one with good writing.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dan Didio posted:

Mass Effect 2, OP. It was also the first one with good writing.

The heart of darkness and the AI quest were pretty cool

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Al quest.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

:lol: Best response to an halfassed response to a console warrior. :)

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

SgtSteel91 posted:

I agree and I've come to realize that what I hated about the ending to 3 was the fandom devouring itself over which ending was the 'best'

You're either a genocide fetishist if you picked Destroy, a dictator if you picked Control, indoctrinated if you picked Synthesis, or a coward if you picked refuse, and that poo poo pissed me off to no end

WTF are you talking about, after killing Shields the only thing that happens is you are swallowed up into the light, most nebulous ending ever.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

SgtSteel91 posted:

I agree with and I've come to realize that what I hated about the ending to 3 was the fandom devouring itself over which ending was the 'best'

I was angry about the ending for a few days before my sympathies went to Bioware instead, because the reaction far outstripped the offense. The merits and shortcomings of their games is almost beside the point of how some people are going to respond.

The animations could definitely be better, and I hope they get dinged in the reviews so they improve them next time. But holy poo poo, the piling on is as ridiculous as it is predictable.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wait why was I indoctrinated for picking synthesis? I
That's the green data skin glow one right?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

Wait why was I indoctrinated for picking synthesis? I
That's the green data skin glow one right?

Because that's what Saren wanted in the first game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Well Saren was Right so what do you know

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

discuss

Yeah, they are Art. They make you Feel Things.

What those things are are up to you and are all perfectly natural.

Drakhoran
Oct 21, 2012

Torrannor posted:

Edit: I'm not sure my PC can run ME:A, do I get to play the 10 hours of Andromeda with EA Premium or whatever it's called without buying the game itself to see if it runs smoothly? Or is there something similar to Steam where you can play a game for an hour and give it back for the full price?

I believe that requires you to buy a month of Origin Access. However if you buy the game on Origin you can use their Great Game Guarantee:

quote:

Here's how to return a game with the Great Game Guarantee
You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) and participating third party titles purchased on Origin for a full refund. Refund requests can be made within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first. And if you purchase a new EA game within the first 30 days of its release date and can't play it due to technical reasons within EA's control, you can request a refund within 72 hours after you first launch the game instead of 24.

Visit your Order History and select the Request a Refund link next to any eligible product.
Complete and submit the Refund Request Form.
You'll get a response within 48 hours and your refund within 10 days.

For more information, you can check out the Great Game Guarantee Policy.

The Great Game Guarantee is in addition to any rights you have regarding returns or refunds, including any right to a refund or other remedy to which you may be entitled under applicable law.

Drakhoran fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 11, 2017

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Oh cool the final Andromeda Initiative video is up so I can get my Pathfinder helmet.

neat with all this DLC between preordering and getting the digital deluxe from origin it's like I'll never need an item again

This showed during the video and I can only assume Ryder's dick is that small.

trash person fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 11, 2017

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

SgtSteel91 posted:

Genociding AIs is the only sensible option. They're too powerful to be allowed to live. They will render us meatbags obsolete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/840599199129395201

Bioshit is at it again.