Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Just put Code Geass, Valvrave, and Gundam SEED (not Destiny) in the same game Banpresto tia.
The only ways we're getting vanilla SEED back are: arrive at Naomi Shindo's house with a fleet of dump trucks full of money, and arrive at Akira Sasanuma's house with a fleet of dump trucks full of money.

ImpAtom posted:

"Orga... can we install a radiation wave claw on Barbatos?"

And then ALL the war crimes were committed.
I would pay good money to see Kallen shoving the radiation claw down Iok's throat. Or up his butt, whichever angle Kallen can get a guaranteed hit from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ImpAtom posted:

"Orga... can we install a radiation wave claw on Barbatos?"

And then ALL the war crimes were committed.

Mika in the same universe as something like GENESIS or CYCLOPS is a incredibly terrifying concept(SEED still has the most disturbing super weapon systems of any Gundam setting, which is pretty amazing when things like the Bugs and Angel Halo exist)

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I think it would be cool the get Captain Harlock in one of these games, (and make sure Crossbone Gundam is in it as well of course.) If you do a two part game, you can have the original TV series Harlock in the first one and then do Endless Odyssey Harlock for the second game. The running joke in the second one would be that every non Harlock character says the something about the Arcadia looks different but they can't put their finger on it. They you drive your battleship through the enemies with your giant knife.

Light Gun Man posted:

Gunbuster always if you ask me.

And a Getters/Gunbuster/Gurren Lagaan combo attack where everyone crosses their arms.

Well, I do think Gunbuster should be in these always and forever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if we're doing battleship-only shows then i'd absolutely adore captain taylor

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Actually, just today I started developing a fantasy line-up. I'm a real boy now.

Going off of a Final Dynamic Special featuring a manga only Grendizer, why not a manga only Getter? The Andromeda Country travels to the past, hoping to erase the unstoppable Getter Emperor from existence. They are stopped by Getter Robo āḥ, a powerful robot which protects Saotome Labs from destruction. In the epilogue, we learn it was āḥ that inspired the creation of the sealed prototype Shin Getter, which begat Shin Dragon, which begat the Emperor. It's a stable time loop, y'all!

Right now I'm brainstorming, so I'm not too worried about power curve or crossover or Originals. Anything with a strong theme of beginning, ending, growth, or most especially repeated cycles is on my mind. Mazinger Zero is the only shoo-in. Evangelion, Aquarion, Ideon, Gun- and Die-busters. First Gundam, CCA, Unicorn, V, Turn A, G-Reco (all at once somehow?). Ugh, probably Cross Ange and Gundam Age. But also, hell yeah, Gurren By God Lagann.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heres my srw fanfic. theme is about corrupting power/self-control and restraint/trying to fix things that are hosed up

super robot original, something kinda similar to zeorymer in tone/feel minus the bad parts of zeorymer. really powerful robot that sometimes goes out of control, piloted by teenage student dude. his controlling/vicious side isn't evil clone magic, he's just kind of a dick as a person. has female sidekick. again, like zeorymer.
evangelion is overplayed let's put in rahxephon to accomplish kinda the same thing.
shin getter's in literally everything but it's actually relevant.
mazinkaiser skl
gun x sword
after war gundam x because it fits with things being hosed
victory gundam, but a more 'it's mostly just the feds and zeon 6.5 banging their broken toys together even though there's no point to it anymore' take on it
muv-luv alternative (maybe total eclipse,.it just fits with the srwd-esque setting)
godzilla vs mechagodzilla (it actually fits)
tekkaman blade (if we have a secret to save yazan in srwv, give this one a secret to save evil)
megazone 23 because yeah
zegapain because its ending is all about restoration and it'd fit
blue gender
Dorvack
Betterman
giant robo
valvrave

anyway the original protagonist would keep going further and further off the deep end and his already broken mech would reach great zeorymer levels of broken to the point that the other characters would have to hold him back from doing insanely stupid/cartoonishly evil poo poo, probably culminating in him being partly responsible for something like the death of rapier or like any of the side characters in victory or something, and then he takes his broken as gently caress mech and leaves and is the final boss and his former ai sidekick gets a random og rela grunt that she gets better at piloting as the second half of the game goes on and she can be insanely good at piloting since she's an advanced ai. and then everyone goes 'boy, i sure am glad we didn't kill tekkaman evil!' and they all share a group hug, except rapier, who i guess is dead in this scenario. also the world went through like 9 different apocalypses but, uh, they can make it better. probably.

it will be a wonderful super robot wars game with only two gundam series and filled with 60% series nobody could possibly care about

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
It finally happened.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I came up with one guaranteed to never happen ever:

http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2011/04/potential-mekton-2-campaign.html?m=1

But I think it would have owned as the tabletop campaign it was meant to be.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I think it would be cool the get Captain Harlock in one of these games, (and make sure Crossbone Gundam is in it as well of course.) If you do a two part game, you can have the original TV series Harlock in the first one and then do Endless Odyssey Harlock for the second game. The running joke in the second one would be that every non Harlock character says the something about the Arcadia looks different but they can't put their finger on it. They you drive your battleship through the enemies with your giant knife.

For some reason I'm imagining the Macross throwing the Arcadia like a javelin.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ryoga posted:

Zero and Kallen or Orga and Mika; who has the scariest attack dog?

Kallen is the better pilot, but Mika commits war crimes on his own prerogative at the drop of a hat

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i hope whatever they do, it's something like their portable lineups with their weird-rear end unpredictability

BX was slightly disappointing in that regard, sure, it had things like Galient and Gorg that I'd have thought would never show up but other than that it was mostly familiar faces. do something like K (but better) where I periodically get surprised when i remember they did things like Stargazer and Gun X Sword and Virtual On and Dangaioh, on top of how it was mostly Jeeg, Godannar, Gaiking, Fafner and Zoids

i mean drat if you have Ryvius throw in neat things like Strain and the most misleadingly-and-unfortunately-named Kiddy Grade, weird b-list stuff like that everyone always overlooks. cause i mean, the best part of this whole series to me is introducing me to weird shows i might never have otherwise heard of

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

G-Reco, with Bellri the Butcher and Klim Nick the Genius.

The series would work very well with original series Eureka Seven, Xabungle, Turn-A and all the other Alpha-Gaiden shows.

I'd rather we just continue to forget that G-Reco ever happened since it was immediately followed up with something that was both good as a show and had good designs.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gyra_Solune posted:

i hope whatever they do, it's something like their portable lineups with their weird-rear end unpredictability

BX was slightly disappointing in that regard, sure, it had things like Galient and Gorg that I'd have thought would never show up but other than that it was mostly familiar faces. do something like K (but better) where I periodically get surprised when i remember they did things like Stargazer and Gun X Sword and Virtual On and Dangaioh, on top of how it was mostly Jeeg, Godannar, Gaiking, Fafner and Zoids

i mean drat if you have Ryvius throw in neat things like Strain and the most misleadingly-and-unfortunately-named Kiddy Grade, weird b-list stuff like that everyone always overlooks. cause i mean, the best part of this whole series to me is introducing me to weird shows i might never have otherwise heard of

Jeeg and Gaiking haven't really been in all that many SRW games, especially when you count the originals and the newer ones separately

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah srwv is really good but the series list is the weakest part. they do interesting things with the UC gang but it's still a giant pile of UC characters making up like 50% of the roster. and zambot might as well not be in the game, though banjo gets some stuff to do.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How are the bonus scenarios in V? I bought the whole pack for Z3-1 but found them boring, and never bought any for 3-2. They just didn't seem to have any connection to each other or anything important, nor did they play out scenes from the animes that didn't make it into the game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'd rather we just continue to forget that G-Reco ever happened since it was immediately followed up with something that was both good as a show and had good designs.

G-Reco is the best Gundam series since Turn-A though, while IBO is kinda meh?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MonsieurChoc posted:

G-Reco is the best Gundam series since Turn-A though, while IBO is kinda meh?

I'm sure this opinion is caused by brain damage from oxygen deprivation but don't worry I hear that clears up randomly for no reason at all just wait it out

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

I'm sure this opinion is caused by brain damage from oxygen deprivation but don't worry I hear that clears up randomly for no reason at all just wait it out

Heh, that's funny. Wait, no, it's not.

G-Reco was legit great and people who hate it are weird. The only complaint with any legs is the frenetic pacing, which I thought worked well with the theme of everyone losing control of the situation and no one's master plans working, but I get how some people could be turned off by it.

As for IBO... meh. It's got alright designs, sure, but as a show I've yet to manage to gather the energy to finish the show, while I just had to see the new G-Reco episodes right away. That says something.

Also, G-Reco doesn't have Naze and his creepy space harem.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Bellri is also the worst protagonist in any gundam series (and that includes Kou and Kio)

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
G-Reco was okay but IBO started strong and fizzled out in a real bad way.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

My ranking for post-2000 Gundam series would probably go like this:

1. G-Reco
2. Gundam Build Fighter (not Try)
3. 00/IBO ex aequo (so far, since I haven't finished IBO it might drop to 4 or beat 00 who knows)

Logicblade posted:

Bellri is also the worst protagonist in any gundam series (and that includes Kou and Kio)

Bellri's great though? Why the hate?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I watched a few episodes of both of those and I am ok with waiting until SRW to experience them.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

You know what? Everyone's got different tastes so let's not argue. :)

I mean, it's not like the source material matters much when it comes to SRW. Terrible series had some great moments there.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I still laugh at how the GGen devs didn't get the memo about IBO's Nanolaminate Armor and doesn't reflect it's actual abilities accurately in G Generation Genesis.

spoilers for IBO ahead: Nanolaminate armor is shown to be highly resistant to ballistic weapons so mobile suits only take negligible damage form long range shots so most combat ends of being at close range. GGG reflects this by making it reduce all non beam damage while beam weapons do full damage . However in the second season an ancient mobile armor equipped with a beam cannon goes on a rampage burning down entire settlements with no effort only to show that the beam attacks have almost no effect on nanolaminate armor at all even on a direct hit on a basic grunt unit with most damage being done be the weapons they hold exploding from the beam attack, oops.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Stuff like that is common especially with shows that haven't finished while development is still going on. Better to have stuff that's already appeared in the show than have something featured that may end up written out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Let's just split the difference and have Build Fighters in the next SRW instead.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ibo and g reco is like asking if you're a Celtics or lakers fan

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

How are the bonus scenarios in V? I bought the whole pack for Z3-1 but found them boring, and never bought any for 3-2. They just didn't seem to have any connection to each other or anything important, nor did they play out scenes from the animes that didn't make it into the game.

Ryoga posted:

It finally happened.

They're goofy one-shot scenarios more than anything else, mostly there to add a pinch of characterization to people. They're not very hard and the rewards are probably too much (50k funds, 500 tac points, two parts).

But dammit, Captain Beecha.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
IBO strikes me as a direct response to 00 starting with similar power levels and winding up with beam spam and All Red Eveything trans-am. We are going to have rail guns with physical ammo be our super weapons, none of this quantization crap :argh:. Even the theme naming is reversed. The two would play off each other in interesting ways if SRW did full plot for 00 instead of just sticking with the movie.

Edit: Speaking of playing off each other, that idea Light Gun Man had for an all-female cast based on Godannar could pair up with the Norma from Cross Ange! Pretty lucky, considering it's probably a third of the cast.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 11, 2017

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

S.D. posted:

They're goofy one-shot scenarios more than anything else, mostly there to add a pinch of characterization to people. They're not very hard and the rewards are probably too much (50k funds, 500 tac points, two parts).

But dammit, Captain Beecha.

In the captain Beecha scenario, for example, Otto collapses while yelling at Beecha for not keeping the Gundam team under control and wearing the captain's coat in a photo. Liam is away so when they get attacked Beecha goes "this is my chance hell yeah" and then its Gundam Team + Amuro vs Angelo from Unicorn. Angelo sets up incredible ambushes that Beecha is too stupid to fall for because he doesn't go where any rational person would go in the situation. Amuro keeps thinking "Beecha's an idiot, I hope we don't all die here" and then it all works out for the best and Otto and Beecha get on with new found respect for the burden of being captain and being cool and competent under fire. Until Beecha goes "aaaa go suck an egg old man you don't control me" and then credits roll on the #1 space baby sitcom since Everyone Hates Ghiren.

There's another one which is Boss, Kurz and someone else jealous of Athrunn being fawned over by the Cross Ange people and Banjou with his butler and two babes and handsome face. Shinn doesn't care but then Lunamaria asks Athrunn for shooting tips because she's terrible. He suggests Kira but she says he's weird and doesn't explain things very well so she'll meet him in the hangar later. Shinn flips out and Nine sets up a mission with Banjou and Athrunn in charge with all the jealous nerds not listening to them. Eventually they work together and everyone is friends and Boss steals Banjo's cool catchphrases. It ends with Shinn activating his SEED factor because he's so mad at Athrunn stealing his girl.

So far they've all been stupid and goofy except for the Crossbone one, Hathaway helping Mithril and one where Kincade totally is just saying he'd murder two people to put them out of their misery to get Kappei to step up and definitely wasn't serious, no way. Z3.1 did have one near the end that went in depth into Gadlight's motivation and backstory, but I think 3.2 didn't have anything even close to that important. The rewards are definitely too much for the amount of work you have to do, even more so if you get the bonus for buying the full pack, I think that one is straight up 300k, 2000 tac and one of each of the best items for clicking on it with no gameplay at all.

HitTheTargets posted:

IBO strikes me as a direct response to 00 starting with similar power levels and winding up with beam spam and All Red Eveything trans-am. We are going to have rail guns with physical ammo be our super weapons, none of this quantization crap :argh:. Even the theme naming is reversed. The two would play off each other in interesting ways if SRW did full plot for 00 instead of just sticking with the movie.

Edit: Speaking of playing off each other, that idea Light Gun Man had for an all-female cast based on Godannar could pair up with the Norma from Cross Ange! Pretty lucky, considering it's probably a third of the cast.

I'd love for the 00 crew to drop in to stop a fight on Mars and then suddenly the Barbatos comes out and is something they can't deal with and maybe their plan still has some kinks in it. I think the closest Z2 got to that was Wing boys or Dancouga Nova showing up and them going "well those other Gundams are ok by Veda and Nova seems to want to end the fighting like us so lets be friends"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pureauthor posted:

Let's just split the difference and have Build Fighters in the next SRW instead.

So would the Build Strike be SSS sized or would Sei Iori be L sized?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Would Mr. Ral be L sized?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I could imagine Build Fighters really working with Might Gaine in a future game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Schwarzwald posted:

Would Mr. Ral be L sized?
I want Amuro to meet Mr. Ral.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm expecting whatever game debuts Build Fighters to have a superpowered production facility on board the battleship or whatever, like the Cathedral Terra had. Either that or the fights take place in a virtual space that turns out to be real, like Virtual On.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Build Fighters is clearly going to be what people channel their aggression into in the SEED V-verse when the sequel comes out.

(Meanwhile, spearheading the environmental regeneration efforts on Red Earth: Raizo Kasshu.)

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
There's a really simple way to include Gundam Build Fighters without worrying about story inclusion: bring back Puzzle Robo from J.

EDIT:

EthanSteele posted:

There's another one which is Boss, Kurz and someone else jealous

This was also Beecha

S.D. fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 11, 2017

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
How many series could you fit into a "miniaturized/virtual/illusory battlefield" SRW? Build Fighters, Custom Robo, Virtual-on, Star Driver, ????!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Just have Ingram recruit the Build Fighter boys instead of Ryusei.

Meijin has the passion to hang out with Bian and Zanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mister Olympus posted:

How many series could you fit into a "miniaturized/virtual/illusory battlefield" SRW? Build Fighters, Custom Robo, Virtual-on, Star Driver, ????!

Probably similar tiny robot fitemans things like Danball Senkei or Angelic Layer.

• Locked thread