Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
night slime
May 14, 2014
The Neo Geo ACA stuff seems cool but is there a way to get training mode on KOF98? There's arrows implying there's another menu on the title screen but I can't get to it with anything I press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

Blaster Master tip: turn rumble off when playing on the tv, as for some reason the game is stupid and the switch will rumble in the dock, which is worrying.

Wait.. do you have 2 sets of joycons? Because that's the only this works :psyduck:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

He may be experiencing an earth quake because my joycons are def off in dock mode

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

bowmore posted:

Has there been a better launch title
than Breath of the Wild?

It's definitely in the Pantheon of great launch titles. In 1991, Super Mario World was incredible. Same for Mario 64 a few years later, which I distinctly recall being labeled at the time the greatest game ever made.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

My anker 10,000 power bank from 5 years ago chargers this fine WHILE playing zelda.

I think a lot of nerds maths were wrong on what power bank you need.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
TV mode is nice, but this is the best couch console ever. I can't wait until we have the virtual console goes live.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bombadilillo posted:

My anker 10,000 power bank from 5 years ago chargers this fine WHILE playing zelda.

Is battery % actually increasing while playing the most graphically demanding game available? That's nuts.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
For large swaths of this game, BotW feels nothing like a Zelda game. Then you'll come across a goofy character with a goofy storyline, or enter a new area and hear some familiar music, or you'll be looking around on the map and see a mountain or a lake named after a character from an old Zelda game (or just flat out named after an old Zelda game) and you feel that overwhelming feeling of nostalgia and HOLY poo poo THIS A ZELDA GAME.

GotY.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is battery % actually increasing while playing the most graphically demanding game available? That's nuts.

Yeah.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Bombadilillo posted:

Remember all the warnings that your Switch will explode when you do that?

Dr Cheeto posted:

It uses about 9 Watts when running at full speed in portable mode, it's rather efficient.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Mahoning posted:

For large swaths of this game, BotW feels nothing like a Zelda game. Then you'll come across a goofy character with a goofy storyline, or enter a new area and hear some familiar music, or you'll be looking around on the map and see a mountain or a lake named after a character from an old Zelda game (or just flat out named after an old Zelda game) and you feel that overwhelming feeling of nostalgia and HOLY poo poo THIS A ZELDA GAME.

GotY.

That was my experience, too. I've gotten so drat tired of being forced into running errands and talking to everyone in Zelda that basically living on a mountain was a nice change of pace for me here. After 10 hours spent in the wilderness I decided to go solve some problems in a town and contact with virtual humans actually feels good! The pacing works really well because if I decide to ignore scripted quests in the towns I can still do other cool things that bring me closer to beating the game.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Decius posted:

Remember all the warnings that your Switch will explode when you do that?

It uses about 9 Watts when running at full speed in portable mode, it's rather efficient.

What warnings?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
We know EA is bringing NBA and FIFA to the Switch, but in some countries hockey is the biggest seller. So the silence around a possible NHL game is curious. Is there going to be a port?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bombadilillo posted:

What warnings?

Warnings about noncompliant USB-C chargers delivering more power than the device asks for, or USB-C to C cables not handling power or data correctly. There are issues with some USB-C to A cables but from what I've seen they seem to more reliably comply with standards.

Decius posted:

Yeah, I assumed from the official charger specs that it would be more power-hungry in portable mode, but I'm glad that I was wrong! Seems like a halfway decent wall wart or battery pack is sufficient to charge and play.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 11, 2017

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Bombadilillo posted:

What warnings?

That USB-C is just a wrong look away from blowing up or frying your device at all times. Like that's been the topic here for weeks before launch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm pretty sure that if you have a an A to C cable with the proper resistor (from the amazon list that google guy runs), a normal USB A charger should be fine.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Rexroom posted:

We know EA is bringing NBA and FIFA to the Switch, but in some countries hockey is the biggest seller. So the silence around a possible NHL game is curious. Is there going to be a port?

To be specific, we're getting NBA2K and EA's FIFA. It's worth noting that those games are still getting last gen console versions while NHL is not. We'll probably get Madden first.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

an actual dog posted:

To be specific, we're getting NBA2K and EA's FIFA. It's worth noting that those games are still getting last gen console versions while NHL is not. We'll probably get Madden first.

Have they confirmed if switch is getting current or last gen versions yet?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Decius posted:

That USB-C is just a wrong look away from blowing up or frying your device at all times. Like that's been the topic here for weeks before launch.

That's poo poo usb cables. Using the cable that came with the pro controller.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think either way, they will flop. Anyone who wants the latest sports game will get it on Xbox or PS4. Anyone who gets the Switch version either isn't serious about sports games or they are a kid and the Switch is their only console and they sort of like sports games.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rexroom posted:

I'd be surprised if Canada isn't the only country where NHL sells the most, and probably not even then. EA's NHL budget is super small.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Mahoning posted:

For large swaths of this game, BotW feels nothing like a Zelda game.

Really? Because I've spent most of the game blown away by how much it reminds me of the original...

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Cojawfee posted:

I think either way, they will flop. Anyone who wants the latest sports game will get it on Xbox or PS4. Anyone who gets the Switch version either isn't serious about sports games or they are a kid and the Switch is their only console and they sort of like sports games.

Or just want to buy one they can take on the go. Or dont get excited or know about the small installment upgrades

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
FIFA on a toilet

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

FIFA on a toilet

I mean, that is where poo poo goes.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Q_res posted:

Really? Because I've spent most of the game blown away by how much it reminds me of the original...

Yeah I have a feeling most of the people saying that came in with Ocarina. This game has so many enemies from the first game, it's great. Not to mention the moment to moment wide open exploration from the very first game.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah I should really clarify that I mean nothing like a 3D Zelda game. Which were pretty much all paint by numbers as far as the style of gameplay goes.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mahoning posted:

GotY.

Idk Having a giant map to just poke around in, finding neat stuff, and not being on a guided track like TP & I assume SS was feels a gently caress of a lot Zelda. We got too used to mediocre installments.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Q_res posted:

A tear almost came to my eye when I saw that there are (not really spoiler) rafts.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
The Walmart near my work has 30 pro controllers in stock and they've been there since launch :stare:

Time to stop by

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i love snipperclips but boy i hate the bird levels

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This screen protector is really good:

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempe...creen+protector

Comes with everything you need to get the screen nice and clean, goes on easy. I have one bubble in the top left corner where the bezel is. Doesn't affect the screen itself and I'll wait and see if it comes out over night.

Anyways, I recommend that kit. It's really nice quality. Now I don't have to be paranoid about the dock scratching my Switch yay.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
They should've called this game The Legend of Zelda: Side Tracked

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mahoning posted:

They should've called this game The Legend of Zelda: Side Tracked

But where is the ancient Sheikah train :confused:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

an actual dog posted:

That's not what EA is saying, they're calling them "custom ports". But it all depends on if you trust EA.

And that's a big "if".

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Switch definitely deserves a new NBA Jam and other arcadey sports titles.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Cheeto posted:

But where is the ancient Sheikah train :confused:

I don't know but when I saw Linebeck Island on the map I made a small sound of delight.

Not really a spoiler, just an early game map label Easter egg thingy, but I am trying to be super good about it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
so, there's a random bit in this article that mentions this:

quote:

From what we understand, there is a small issue with the current firmware on Switch which causes a slight drain on GPU resources - once corrected, we're told that Fast RMX should sustain a full 1080p in docked mode.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-fast-rmx-showcases-switches-power-over-wii-u

so i guess we'll see some zelda docked mode frame rate increases. theres some speculation from the usual batshit crowd that think the switch is getting a boost mode of some kind and we might see zelda at 1080p and smooth 30fps. so while we are at it, my own speculation is that the boost mode will come with a digital monkey paw and a free copy of mario 64 with 12 player co-op running at 16k.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I don't think I've posted today that Blaster Master Zero owns.

Blaster Master Zero owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

Inzombiac posted:

Then you missed a bunch of chests, some weapons and a whole basement of real good stuff.

The cool thing is now I have an easy access point that I can fast travel to and have rear access to the entire thing! I did manage to kill a few guardians after the fact, but I'm still super early in the game so I'm looking forward to getting stronger and stocking up on tech arrows and then going on a killing spree lol

• Locked thread