Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ROFLburger posted:

Someone gimmie the deets on the T-44-100. garbage? baby t54?

It's a T-44.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

WEEEEEEELP

Had a certain victory and gave it away because I got greedy and wanted a Radley Walters. I should have just capped and would still probably have forced the M44 to come get me, but noooooo, I wanted a quick radley walters and went after the M44 who snapshotted my dumb face

:downs:

And that concludes my tanks afternoon. 2k average damage between tier 5 and 6 mediums. Sounds about right. Overpowered little shits.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 11, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Hellsau posted:

It's a T-44.

oh it's just a regular rear end t44?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

oh it's just a regular rear end t44?

Basically. it has a much weaker engine, but half the terrain passabilities, and I have no idea how to calculate stuff like that with Wargaming's weird rear end mechanics.

http://tanks.gg/compare/t-44?l=51211f&t=t-44-100

I assume it's slightly more accurate and goes up hills worse, and is otherwise just a T-44. I guess the T-44-100 has side skirts? I never noticed.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

ok, thanks

also drat, this tanks.gg site rules

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hrm...the Rudy comes with its own crew...

While that's cool, I was kinda hoping for a cheaper, bare-bones deal with just the tank, I already have an almost-3-skill crew in my T-34-85.

And after that review Quickybaby did, now I kinda want the buffed T-34-85M

That crew comes with brothers in arms as skill 0. Great tank for your Russian mediums. The T-34-85M is also fantastic but has a worthless radio operator to steal XP from your other guys.

The T-44-100 is a pricy T-44 with a slightly better gun. If you are looking for a T8 Russian medium trainer it is probably the better than the T54 proto if you can handle paperish tanks.

I am not going to recommend the Mutz to anyone at this due to the overly longish aim time with lack of armor and alpha.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

HFX posted:

That crew comes with brothers in arms as skill 0. Great tank for your Russian mediums. The T-34-85M is also fantastic but has a worthless radio operator to steal XP from your other guys.

The T-44-100 is a pricy T-44 with a slightly better gun. If you are looking for a T8 Russian medium trainer it is probably the better than the T54 proto if you can handle paperish tanks.

I am not going to recommend the Mutz to anyone at this due to the overly longish aim time with lack of armor and alpha.

Yeah, I think I might just move my current crew to the T-34, and then start with the Rudy crew on the T-34-85. Gonna suck a bit until I have Sixth Sense and full camo back, but the BIA should be worth it.
I'm running optics, rammer, and GLD on it, the view range is pretty stupid including situational awareness and recon (soon-ish). Pretty sure I can live without repairs on the commander for the little bit of extra view range and the BIA bonus.

These two tanks are blatant statpadding, it's almost criminal. Can't imagine how dumb this is going to be when I can afford to constantly hemorrhage premium rounds in the Rudy.

/edit:
Just noticed the Rudy lacks a full 100hp in engine power versus the regular 85, that sucks a bit.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 11, 2017

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
looks like in the screenshot says 168 crits also i need credits will join dongholds

also a funny just happened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6qVrFXZVUM

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 11, 2017

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
I still enjoy my 103b a lot. Probably more than I should. 8.9k dmg 6 kill loss on Fjord - wotreplay link. I think I could have had a chance at winning it had I relocated to above my cap near the end or made different route decisions far earlier in the game, like moving over to our peninsula to shoot all the heavies swinging south. I got up to a couple areas I normally can't in other tanks with the 103b's speed.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hrm...the Rudy comes with its own crew...

While that's cool, I was kinda hoping for a cheaper, bare-bones deal with just the tank, I already have an almost-3-skill crew in my T-34-85.

And after that review Quickybaby did, now I kinda want the buffed T-34-85M

You can always barracks the crew it comes with, and they should be zero-skill BiA, too, so it's not like that won't have utility.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
played my first two games in the T92 it sucks worst tier 10 arty in the game, the shots drop short all the time it seems

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Rudy crew also comes with a dog, which is very important.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Strike Anywhere posted:

I still enjoy my 103b a lot. Probably more than I should. 8.9k dmg 6 kill loss on Fjord - wotreplay link. I think I could have had a chance at winning it had I relocated to above my cap near the end or made different route decisions far earlier in the game, like moving over to our peninsula to shoot all the heavies swinging south. I got up to a couple areas I normally can't in other tanks with the 103b's speed.

9k damage game just enough for 1st class mastery...seems about right.

/edit:

Hah! the loving 1390 barrel-rolling into your sights two minutes in, and then an UDES plinking you with HE :lol:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Mar 11, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Welp, bots are out in force today. No one could be as retarded and know how to use a keyboard.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

just sayin', touchscreens are everywhere these days

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

Welp, bots are out in force today. No one could be as retarded and know how to use a keyboard.

Im pretty bad at this game when attempting a 7 client multibox.

I'm starting to get a compulsion to up the ante to a 10v10 ( 20 account) tier 8 multibox. I would undoubtedly be the most powerful.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Keyboards are bougie hipster garbage. I prefer to play without them, and also without even a monitor or in fact any peripherals at all.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Axetrain posted:

Keyboards are bougie hipster garbage. I prefer to play without them, and also without even a monitor or in fact any peripherals at all.

One might say you are playing right now.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Hey guys! Had a great time playing last night! Good callers and pretty relaxed wins! Thanks for putting up with my drunk rear end. That's me, LRADIKAL!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

ROFLburger posted:

ok, thanks

also drat, this tanks.gg site rules

The T44-100 is really good.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

what the gently caress

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

looks like a perfectly average lakeville match to me

your mistake was thinking anyone would follow you to town

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

ROFLburger posted:

what the gently caress

This is a fairly standard lakeville deployment. At least a third idiots going valley, another few spotting/dying on the lake road, and heavies camp in the back ridge. And continuing to camp, after their spotters die

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I backed up to the heavies tank destroyers and half a dozen enemy tanks rolled through the city and poo poo on us. I think we killed about two tanks before we lost.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I've been in discord and also laid out my plan here a few times but I left you a brief summary on discord for when you come back.

Aight, cool. I'm genuinely curious as to what you're doing and how you're doing it. I don't see a DM from you on Discord; what's your account there, anyway?

ROFLburger posted:

Someone gimmie the deets on the T-44-100. garbage? baby t54?

Imagine the T-44, but with the tiny 100 mm instead of the pubbie-approved 122 mm.

Axetrain posted:

I literally play WoT by slapping my dick against a touchscreen IRL.

ROFLburger posted:

what the gently caress

ROFLburger posted:

I backed up to the heavies tank destroyers and half a dozen enemy tanks rolled through the city and poo poo on us. I think we killed about two tanks before we lost.

Ah, I've seen this before; it's called "worldoftanks.exe.swap.avi".

Before you got past like J9 you should've been turning around, activating cruise control on your way back, and ripping into your teammates. I usually start berating them as soon as I see them turn into the valley.

Ultron
Nov 12, 2005
Low in fat
We almost had enough gays online last night to start an Advance, we were 2 short. I will try and run another one tonight if anyone is interested. 7pm PT, NA East.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i hit my first ap round using the t92 , 2,7k ammo rack on a maus

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ROFLburger posted:

what the gently caress

What? Normal match

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

warcrimes posted:

The T44-100 is really good.
It would be if it's really similar to the T-44, because the T-44 is really good.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Jago posted:

Hey guys! Had a great time playing last night! Good callers and pretty relaxed wins! Thanks for putting up with my drunk rear end. That's me, LRADIKAL!

No Ira, we're not doing a KV-2 detachment.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Oh yes you are.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Someone help me out, please. I can't for the life of me figure out why H2 is so important in encounter battle on the Steppes map. The flag is at C10. People, especially heavies, go to H2 like they are drawn there by magnets. What's so important about those rocks? :iiam:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Someone help me out, please. I can't for the life of me figure out why H2 is so important in encounter battle on the Steppes map. The flag is at C10. People, especially heavies, go to H2 like they are drawn there by magnets. What's so important about those rocks? :iiam:

H2 is where the cookies are hidden. You just have to camp long enough to see them in all of their deliciousness.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Have you seen people try to cap the red square on encounter yet? Turn off Assault and Encounter.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

East Coast server connection is so loving terrible. How have these fuckers not changed their providers by now.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Well, as I've figured normally arty is in play. It's not where the flag is but where the spawn is, which arty likely has buried itself in near by. The rocks give some decent cover for heavies till they can break the other team and mount a rush. Plus it's the side where heavies don't have to crawl up and down hills repeatedly to fight. TDs just go in because "Ha, farm the damage" and mediums go in because mediums are mediums

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

East Coast server connection is so loving terrible. How have these fuckers not changed their providers by now.

They do not consider it a problem. Telia has been a major problem since what, 2013?

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

BadLlama posted:

Yeah I was dropping packets all day. I thought it was just me, as my internet at my house has been spotty recently, but apparently everyone is experiencing packet loss to US East.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

BadLlama posted:

Wargaming doesn't care about American people.

...just American *money*.

It's Telia.net - and it's been abysmal ever since they switched from Caronet, which leads me to believe Telia is the cheapest or they were stupid enough to sign a long term hosting contract they refuse to break. Seriously, I live no more than ~10-15 miles from where US East is hosted and they somehow managed to gently caress routing up to the point that I still only get 20-30ms, *plus* packet loss at the Telia gateway.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

:iiam: in as much as flanks are a mystery in general to pubbies. Steppes has two killing fields bordered by transit lanes and bisected by a high risk limited reward N/S thoroughfare. Even with the cap in the far East that flank should be guarded. In the North that means having a much weaker defence in the rocks South of the rail embankment or taking it to H2. A sincerely well organised defence would protect the East flank by a token heavy force on the extreme Western end of the TD camping rocks on the edge of the N/S killing fields and the rest of the heavies pushing the cap with support. Chances of that happening in a Random match?

More appropriately, in encounter the entire team should lemming train for a cap fast THEN set up a defensive perimeter. Good luck with that on randoms too. I'm convinced pubbies don't realise that having more than three on the cap makes no difference despite their being a number on the counter informing them of this. And that is the least of your worries.

tl;dr Pubbies.