Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Maybe I'm just tired as hell (I am), but what shop can you get Lando from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Looking to join a guild here, just reached level 22.

Ally code:194-498-959

Yes, I've added my info to spreadsheet.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Barreft posted:

He's on the first row of cantina battles. If you look at a character in the roster and click the find button (bottom right-hand corner) it will show you were they are avaliable.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!

Barreft posted:

Yeh first set of cantina battles, I think battle 6?

I started in December and after reading Malgrin's guide I beelined for Lando ASAP.

Its now March and Lando is still my arena lead with Rebels + Boba, still rocking #5-20 spot every day, Lando was a great investment. I fear that won't last past March though with my shard starting to hit 80+.

As well, get Boba ASAP from Cantina shop as well. With Han, Lando and Boba you should clear Credit Heist no problem at all, doesn't hurt to throw in Ig-88 and disposable chewie you already have as well. Boba is great, Boba is life.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Two quick questions:
1. How do you set your loaner guy for cantina battles?
2. Could some of my allies switch to somebody other than Wedge? Preferably somebody sithy/empiry

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

fishtobaskets posted:

Two quick questions:
2. Could some of my allies switch to somebody other than Wedge? Preferably somebody sithy/empiry

uhhh sure I can set the Emperor as my Cantina leader... gimme a (edit: one hour) while the energy refreshes, I honestly don't know who the leader is at the moment.

My Ally Code: 295-569-378

oh and to answer question 1, I'm pretty sure the ally is whoever was used as leader in that particular area of battle by the person giving the ally.

Danzel Glovington fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 11, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

ijii posted:

Looking to join a guild here, just reached level 22.

Ally code:194-498-959

Yes, I've added my info to spreadsheet.

I invited you to The Rocinante if you're interested, since we had a spot open. See if you like it, stay as long as you like or leave if you want a less casual guild, up to you.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Cactus posted:

I invited you to The Rocinante if you're interested, since we had a spot open. See if you like it, stay as long as you like or leave if you want a less casual guild, up to you.

Would this be a good guild for alts that are also active?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

Yeh first set of cantina battles, I think battle 6?

I started in December and after reading Malgrin's guide I beelined for Lando ASAP.

Its now March and Lando is still my arena lead with Rebels + Boba, still rocking #5-20 spot every day, Lando was a great investment. I fear that won't last past March though with my shard starting to hit 80+.

As well, get Boba ASAP from Cantina shop as well. With Han, Lando and Boba you should clear Credit Heist no problem at all, doesn't hurt to throw in Ig-88 and disposable chewie you already have as well. Boba is great, Boba is life.

Well, yeah, now you gotta unlock Emperor Palpatine and pivot to team evil.

EP, Darth Vader, TIE Fighter Pilot, Boba Fett, +1 (probably Royal Guard, Stormtrooper Han, or Shoretrooper if you can snag one)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

Two quick questions:

Pretty sure my cantina battle leader is Zader right now.

469-134-913

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Inimicul posted:

Would this be a good guild for alts that are also active?

Yes but that was our last spot and I kicked one of our members alts to free it.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Pretty sure my cantina battle leader is Zader right now.

469-134-913

Sent you an ally invite. I'm Pet Sheev

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Memu is a piece of poo poo. Couldn't connect to play store no matter what I did.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think I figured out why I was only getting Wedges on Cantina battles. The ally offerings will not show anybody on your team from your roster from your most recent attempt. I reset hundreds of times with my empire/boba team, tried clearing squad, and doing the challenge reset trick to no avail. Out of frustration, I ran a failed attempt with my rebels and now I'm instantly getting Zaders, Mal's Boba, and EPs.

e: and thanks to Chili for the Zader. 3*ed cantina 8G and consequently 7*ed my own Vader :D

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 11, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I think I figured out why I was only getting Wedges on Cantina battles. The ally offerings will not show anybody on your team from your roster from your most recent attempt. I reset hundreds of times with my empire/boba team, tried clearing squad, and doing the challenge reset trick to no avail. Out of frustration, I ran a failed attempt with my rebels and now I'm instantly getting Zaders, Mal's Boba, and EPs.

Yup.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
My 3 remaining Arena toons are:

Ughnaught
Underworld Police
Assaj Ventriss

Should I bother getting these, or just stockpile for the inevitable addition of another toon?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Hey can I get invited to some guild and some allies? I'm only level 41.

532-893-157

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

phosdex posted:

Hey can I get invited to some guild and some allies? I'm only level 41.

532-893-157

Greetings Newb, add me up.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
QGJ is still full but we have a dude idle 10 days. Is that the guy that was moving? The moving guy was SA name field mousepad and the idle dude is GoH name kernel fault.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

My 3 remaining Arena toons are:

Ughnaught
Underworld Police
Assaj Ventriss

Should I bother getting these, or just stockpile for the inevitable addition of another toon?

Get Credits. Or Assaj.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Malgrin posted:

Get Credits. Or Assaj.

Ventress would be so good if she was a sith

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

waah posted:

Ventress would be so good if she was a sith

I remember buying in on her long ago when the concept of stripping buffs and going on refreshing chain AoEs seemed amazing. I never thought they'd totally ignore Nightsister synergy or forget to make her Sith or anything. Sad!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

Get Credits. Or Assaj.

I'd normally agree with this, but one of the deva was hinting we might see some new shipments in a few weeks. So maybe hold off a little.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Cactus posted:

Thanks for invite. It'll probably be best for me to not be in a hardcore guild, but I'll be regularly playing, so this is good.

Special A
Nov 6, 2004

TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW!
Can I get an invite to one of the guilds that has room? Ally code is 152-935-519. Only level 29 at the moment.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

I'd normally agree with this, but one of the deva was hinting we might see some new shipments in a few weeks. So maybe hold off a little.

If they just hinted we were getting new heroes in shipments, they mean for crystals. I've learned that unless they specifically say gw, cantina, or arena shipments, they never mean those. I sure hope so though

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/Darokaz/status/840295277726650368

I'm still skeptical but I might as well save.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
While it's not an end game situation, I'm gonna try out a Zader lead in arena this week. I'm the only guy in the top 20 of ships on my shard running Executrix so I suspect I'm also one of the 1st to be reliably farming zetas. I certainly haven't seen any in the top 20 of arena.

My question is: what do you guys think about the rest of the team? My hunch is that high speed AoE approach will best leverage the lead. So: TFP & Sid. The problem is that now I have to choose 2 from EP, ST, RG, and Boba.

I'm working on Maul too with his zeta + lead next on my list.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

While it's not an end game situation, I'm gonna try out a Zader lead in arena this week. I'm the only guy in the top 20 of ships on my shard running Executrix so I suspect I'm also one of the 1st to be reliably farming zetas. I certainly haven't seen any in the top 20 of arena.

My question is: what do you guys think about the rest of the team? My hunch is that high speed AoE approach will best leverage the lead. So: TFP & Sid. The problem is that now I have to choose 2 from EP, ST, RG, and Boba.

I'm working on Maul too with his zeta + lead next on my list.

I've been running Zader for about a month (was he first Zeta on my shard); you absolutely want TFP. I run Zader/Palp/TFP/Dooku/Shore, and I swap Dooku out for Boba and Shore out for RG sand maybe some other backline changes when I need to countercomp someone.

Sidious is definitely better than Dooku in my setup. If your Palp is fast enough, he'll do a ton of work too. In fights where he gets off that AoE stun round one.

Beyond that, if you can survive a round without shorty, leave him out, but otherwise, you want him.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I can see the benefit of Dooku being the 5th. Zader, TFP, Sid, Dooku, EP seems like it would get a ton of TM down chances.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

I'm still skeptical but I might as well save.

Ok, probably save Cantina and Arena unless you're working on something important. You should still be putting GW into ships.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

I can see the benefit of Dooku being the 5th. Zader, TFP, Sid, Dooku, EP seems like it would get a ton of TM down chances.

Biggest advantage of Dooku, if you're not running a dispel, he gives you a chance to stun someone through the pretaunt.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CaptainPsyko posted:

Biggest advantage of Dooku, if you're not running a dispel, he gives you a chance to stun someone through the pretaunt.

I was thinking of the tons of basics via counter -> tons of passive tm down chances

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Daka has a better chance of it. Was so much fun when you could run Dooku (L), Daka. It was the best.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
how do you trick the game into resetting your ally list again? I thought you just had to retreat from a gear challenge?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

Daka has a better chance of it. Was so much fun when you could run Dooku (L), Daka. It was the best.

Sure, but that alone isn't enough to run either. But throw in the rest of Dooku's kit and he works wonders.

fishtobaskets posted:

I was thinking of the tons of basics via counter -> tons of passive tm down chances

Yeah but this is kind of a double edged sword; against taunters, he tears them up, but it also means they never get a turn so the taunt stays up forever.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 12, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

how do you trick the game into resetting your ally list again? I thought you just had to retreat from a gear challenge?

That's exactly it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

That's exactly it.

Sad to report this no longer works, at least on my bluestacks emulator.

laceratedsky
Aug 29, 2007

Can I get a guild invite? Lvl 53 and playing every day.

Ally code: 694-913-195

https://swgoh.gg/u/laceratedsky/

Yes, I added my info to the spreadsheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

A gear challenge, yes that is it. Perhaps this is the issue you're having?

fishtobaskets posted: