Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
This thread is painfully optimistic all the time and it's a bummer

Sessions is done, he'll resign- nope

Trumpcare is DOA, not a chance- lol

What's next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

KIND OF A KIM DEAL posted:

Is that like the new SimAnt? If it's any good I might pick that up, especially if I can play it on a tablet. The original was addictive as gently caress and was one of my other favorite classic Maxis games (I shouldn't even have to mention my numero uno, so I won't - and despite my crazy sister's wacked out opinion it is not loving SimHealth).

Fun fact: I used to be sorta acquainted with one of the designers for SC2K back in the 90s and I somehow managed to convince them to put one of my favorite cities on a later release version as a preloaded saved game...cheers if you happen to recognize it!

That's clearly Pittsburgh

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

KIND OF A KIM DEAL posted:

Is that like the new SimAnt? If it's any good I might pick that up, especially if I can play it on a tablet. The original was addictive as gently caress and was one of my other favorite classic Maxis games (I shouldn't even have to mention my numero uno, so I won't - and despite my crazy sister's wacked out opinion it is not loving SimHealth).

Fun fact: I used to be sorta acquainted with one of the designers for SC2K back in the 90s and I somehow managed to convince them to put one of my favorite cities on a later release version as a preloaded saved game...cheers if you happen to recognize it!

Is that the oakland firestorm map where you get to torch Will Wright's house?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Russia is not really bugging the White House and congress- nope

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Trump prez. Flynn is now officially registered as a foreign agent. Nothing matters

flynn is a fuckin ★★★ general in the army, and a bunch of officer promotions are legislatively guided to being no more than a certain percentage of eligible people for a certain rank—like people thought flynn should beat out some other candidates for a bunch of rankin advancements

plus a whole lot of those promotions require senate confirmation, even if theyre usually done in bulk (so the senate just votes yeah sure promote this entire list of assholes to the ranks indicated on said list), plus he was director of defense intell and natl sec advisor, both senate confirmed roles

how the bonerz did this crazy fuckin compromised rear end in a top hat madman rise to the top of any list of candidates for anything ever, let alone do so and get confirmed by the senate a total of like 8? 5? 69?? times

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Baller Ina posted:

What's next

TRUMP

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Baller Ina posted:

What's next

JEB! will be a benevolent leader.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Snowmankilla posted:

They can do whatever the gently caress they want. Nothing matters and a shitbag is president. But because you are doubling down, why is it frivolous Jeb! Republican? And where else should the taxpayers money be spent. Please tell me more.

Frivolous means a lawsuit has no chance of being won. The money would be better spent in Connecticut's Health and Human Services and the judges' time would be better spent seeing cases of disenfranchisement, right to attorney violations, or police misconduct.

I will say though, it's probably not actually the family's fault. The class action nature makes it more likely some lawyer rounded them up and lied to them that they could win.

Venom Snake posted:

lol you have completely morphed into Jeb

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

Heat death anal pancakes, got it thanks:hai:

:ohyeah:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Snowmankilla posted:

But because you are doubling down, why is it frivolous Jeb! Republican?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Lawful_Commerce_in_Arms_Act

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Donald Trump is President.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

how the bonerz did this crazy fuckin compromised rear end in a top hat madman rise to the top of any list of candidates for anything ever, let alone do so and get confirmed by the senate a total of like 8? 5? 69?? times

i heard something like he was really, really good as an attack dog and didn't become a psycho russia pawn until after he got let go

so he kept getting promoted because he was a great subordinate, until he had a command position, where he promptly got thrown out?

grain of salt my memory is terrible etc

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

Way to bury the lede that he dissolved a body in his hot tub

thats uh not wholly implausible

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

like im completely able to believe that bannon kllled someone ans tried to dissolbe the bidy in a hot tb

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Addamere posted:

but its been over a month??

yes so that makes them all being fired on the same day with no prior communion totally sensible

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

i heard something like he was really, really good as an attack dog and didn't become a psycho russia pawn until after he got let go

so he kept getting promoted because he was a great subordinate, until he had a command position, where he promptly got thrown out?

grain of salt my memory is terrible etc

criminy the military hierarchy is broken and dumb

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Squizzle posted:

thats uh not wholly implausible

Based on the article it was probably his ex wife and her coke dealer boyfriend but the joint was definitely in his name.

That article makes Doug Stamper look like a candy striper with a solid, checkable resume

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

criminy the military hierarchy is broken and dumb

found the article i was thinking of!!!

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-disruptive-career-of-trumps-national-security-adviser

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

HailedUser posted:

This gimmick is going to get annoying, fast.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tyvm friendo!!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baller Ina posted:

it's actually exactly the opposite

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

the real bannon wouldnt call us liberal elites though,he'd never have that much respect for us

bannon would probably be baloogan, except he'd blurt out racist poo poo when drunk way way more often, and way less accidentally

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

Between your bizarre belief that a probation is not a punishment, your weird insistence that it is better and more effective to talk to would-be terrorists in private to tell them to post their terrorist stuff elsewhere, and douchey posts like the one I quoted above, it's frankly unbelievable that you are a moderator.

Yossarian-22 posted:

Squizzle did a racism. He did an imperialism. He did a nationalism. He did a xenophobia. He did a white fragility. He did no growth. This makes it abundantly clear Squizzle does not understand the intersectional nature of the multiplicity of his offenses

Sic semper tyrannis

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

That DICK! posted:

Donald Trump is President.

that can't possibly be true

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

flynn is a fuckin ★★★ general in the army, and a bunch of officer promotions are legislatively guided to being no more than a certain percentage of eligible people for a certain rank—like people thought flynn should beat out some other candidates for a bunch of rankin advancements

plus a whole lot of those promotions require senate confirmation, even if theyre usually done in bulk (so the senate just votes yeah sure promote this entire list of assholes to the ranks indicated on said list), plus he was director of defense intell and natl sec advisor, both senate confirmed roles

the army is just as dumb as everywhere else, it's more about who you suck up to than any kind of competence

so he probably did the standard army thing and took credit for all the things his competent subordinates did

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Good for him. Trump and Sessions both told him a few months ago he could stay. He deserves an explanation for why they changed their minds.

Does Trump have a single US Attorney of his own lined up for confirmation, or is he going to do to the justice system what he did to the State Department?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Yeah I was assuming everybody knew about this.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

turmop

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nyt getting lazy with breaking news titles

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

don't worry im sure the citizens of the usa are paying attention to th https://twitter.com/amicu00/status/840646399318491136

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

William Bear posted:

He deserves an explanation for why they changed their minds.

Too late.

https://twitter.com/preetbharara/status/840645773985492992

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

logikv9 posted:

nyt getting lazy with breaking news titles

tbf i am very interested in breaking the 45h president news

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the 45th president is already broken

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Well that's hosed up.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
purgin the government bigly

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Baller Ina posted:

What's next

It's always been this way with a solid contingent going "Aha! We have them now!" followed by nothin lol.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Yinlock posted:

don't worry im sure the citizens of the usa are paying attention to th https://twitter.com/amicu00/status/840646399318491136

tbh if I had to choose between watching the new season of the Leftovers and important political things, I'd chose Leftovers. That's a personal failing, but life is terrible and escapism is as essential as air for me.

I probably wouldn't keep up with current events if it weren't for this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/311/status/840610567459024896

• Locked thread