Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I don't think I noticed the gun being backwards when I watched the video until I saw it pointed out, but I also think that laughing at it is OK

What's the over-under on "Peebee holds guns backwards" becoming an in-game meme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

yeah but that's not what the stock photo stuff is complaining about. Backwards gun is fuckin funny and looks real bad for them, using a stock photo and doctoring it for the tali picture that has a lenseflare on it anyway so you can barely see jack poo poo doesn't matter. You're kind of a dweeb if you post that poo poo like you've solved a murder mystery and caught Bioware in the act of hiding the body.

But its lazy as gently caress regardless of the creepy obsesive fans.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I don't think I noticed the gun being backwards when I watched the video until I saw it pointed out, but I also think that laughing at it is OK

:same:

I'm going to play whatever build lets me smash things with a hammer the most

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Dr. Abysmal posted:

hexal
Sep 7, 2011

Really puts into perspective how ridiculously compressed the timeline is. Hackett was high school age when the prothean archives on mars were discovered. He would've spent his youth believing that meeting aliens and FTL were impossibilities. Then he would've only just graduated by the time the first extrasolar colonies went up.

hexal fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 11, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i think she's holding the gun backwards to lower everyone's expectations of this game so when it comes out and its merely mediocre everyone will think it's good

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Not really? Like, until someone posted it here, I didn't even know that you could fully see the tali picture without the glare, and I know I'm not alone in that.

To be honest, I'm glad that's a place where they phone it in, just because it pisses off the creepy obsessives and we get to point and laugh at them for being creepy obsessives about this poo poo, so congratulations on outing yourself, I guess.

Note, barons cyber skull is doing god's work in finding the backwards gun and 2d wrist animation stuff, because that poo poo is genuinely hilarious. Please be more like him and Save This Thread from Itself.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Not really? Like, until someone posted it here, I didn't even know that you could fully see the tali picture without the glare, and I know I'm not alone in that.

To be honest, I'm glad that's a place where they phone it in, just because it pisses off the creepy obsessives and we get to point and laugh at them for being creepy obsessives about this poo poo, so congratulations on outing yourself, I guess.

Note, barons cyber skull is doing god's work in finding the backwards gun and 2d wrist animation stuff, because that poo poo is genuinely hilarious. Please be more like him and Save This Thread from Itself.

We made this thing intentionally lovely because we thought no one would find it its not a good thing IMO.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

We made this thing intentionally lovely because we thought no one would find it its not a good thing IMO.

And outside of you who gives a gently caress? The company you keep in this opinion should tell you something.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The backwards gun is a pretty huge blunder tbh, especially since it's visible in pre-release material which should all be hyper polished. Animations twisting the animation rig like that wrist stuff is also a bad indication that they didn't really have time to polish that aspect of the game at all because that's also a huge blunder for a studio like this

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

And outside of you who gives a gently caress? The company you keep in this opinion should tell you something.

Argue the point and not the poster. But you are right, i dont give a gently caress, its funny how you are so defensive of the thing.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
Some things look odd when you go frame by frame = disaster ahead

I think the gun thing is hilariously embarrassing too, but I think it's the kind of thing that can be forgotten about after we've had a good snicker. Extrapolating from that about the amount of care taken with the game is silly.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Zzulu posted:

The backwards gun is a pretty huge blunder tbh, especially since it's visible in pre-release material which should all be hyper polished. Animations twisting the animation rig like that wrist stuff is also a bad indication that they didn't really have time to polish that aspect of the game at all because that's also a huge blunder for a studio like this

I can honestly say I didn't notice it at all until it was pointed out here. But it is absolutely hilarious and dumb, the people that QA'd that have gotta be feeling pretty dumb about that in addition to the animator(s) that did that part.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://twitter.com/masseffect/status/840638513074823168

Huh?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

Argue the point and not the poster. But you are right, i dont give a gently caress, its funny how you are so defensive of the thing.

So when do we get to the part where you're puppetmastering me? I want to finish this shitposting bingo before I get lunch.

"How'd the release trailer go over?"

"It was good, but people were complaining about too much Scott"

"gently caress, DO IT AGAIN WITH SARAH, NOW"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

DoctorGonzo posted:

Which is why its funny and we'll continue laughing at it, especially when Bioware only seems to get more lazy as time goes on.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It's a weird choice, but equalising coverage between the sexes in terms of marketing materials isn't a bad thing. Will it literally just be the same trailer again with the Ryders swapped out?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So when do we get to the part where you're puppetmastering me? I want to finish this shitposting bingo before I get lunch.

shut the gently caress up, moron.

Crabtree posted:

Which is why its funny and we'll continue laughing at it, especially when Bioware only seems to get more lazy as time goes on.

I agree.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

A one off photo of someone you never see on screen is pretty much what stock photos are for. The real issue is making Tali look like an attractive human rather than a hideous alien abomination.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

shut the gently caress up, moron.

I agree.

I have been owned. And am very defensive about this.

marktheando posted:

A one off photo of someone you never see on screen is pretty much what stock photos are for. The real issue is making Tali look like an attractive human rather than a hideous alien abomination.

This is the real travesty. I wanted the suit full of bugs Tali to become canon.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

This is the One True Tali according to Matt Rhodes the concept artist and it's way better than that poo poo stock photo

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Zzulu posted:

Probably bur even watching the slowed down gif I genuinely didn't even realize the gun was the wrong way. Even looking at the freeze frame I didn't see it, until someone literally said it was the wrong way.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

What is arguing backwards towards a predetermined conclusion to lessen cognitive dissonance, Alex.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

It's a weird choice, but equalising coverage between the sexes in terms of marketing materials isn't a bad thing. Will it literally just be the same trailer again with the Ryders swapped out?

Probably, but I wondering if there's a wild card and instead of of the part of the trailer with Sara in bed with Peebee it's Vetra

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

What is arguing backwards towards a predetermined conclusion to lessen cognitive dissonance, Alex.

It's more that when I look at how lazy it is to use a stock photo for Tali versus people pointing at it as the earmark of Bioware being a poo poo developer, I'm pretty firmly on the side of "this poo poo does not matter, especially in the light of all the other poo poo they've done, have you seen the backwards gun thing?"

It's like arguing that a table being out of place is important when it's on the Titanic.

edit: it doesn't help that whenever anyone brings up Tali in any fashion, the first thing I think of is the Tali sweat thing, so I'm already predisposed to assuming whatever they're going to say is creepily obsessive.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SgtSteel91 posted:

Probably, but I wondering if there's a wild card and instead of of the part of the trailer with Sara in bed with Peebee it's Vetra

I was thinking the reason Peebee was chosen for this trailer in the first place was so they could just swap in Sara and call it good.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

SgtSteel91 posted:

Also, instead of "Human" it's the Johnny Cash version of "Hurt".

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
they should have left tali a mystery imo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Everything that shows staggeringly low production values for this AAA game, is actually a really good thing, because

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Burkion posted:

Oh hey dude! Didn't expect to see you over here

The thing keeping us from all stump jumping is an excellent multiplayer that lets us be Krogans

Duh

i obsessively follow mediums where i have invested too much time in mediocre stories

ME3 multiplayer was actually really amazing, though. Genuinely surprised by that quality.

DA:I was a bit too 'Collect 20 Fade Boar Teeth' for me, interspaced with poorly-animated cutscenes. Has that improved in this game, at least?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

Will it literally just be the same trailer again with the Ryders swapped out?

Probably a recut, maybe with the same music.

Also, a good choice as Sera is clearly the superior Ryder.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

DA:I was a bit too 'Collect 20 Fade Boar Teeth' for me, interspaced with poorly-animated cutscenes. Has that improved in this game, at least?

Signs point to no, but they are providing a proper vehicle and a jetpack to help sooth the running from place to place tedium.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Zzulu posted:

The backwards gun footage was probably captured from a dev-build that has not gone through the QA pipeline yet. It probably went like this:

*Busy day in marketing...*
Ashley: Hey Bobby, we're doing a feature on Peebee. Can you check with dev to see if we can get some cool footage of her?
Bobby: Sure.
*Bobby gets in touch with dev, and they pair him up with Jack, a junior developer. Jack launches the daily dev-build he has on his machine and he and Bobby sit down and go through some of the footage featuring Peebee.*
Bobby: Oooh, this one looks cool! Do you think you can get me a recording of this?
Jack: Sure, you'll have it in a bit.

Yes, it is a blunder from a marketing perspective, but

a) it's kind of a minor thing that the overwhelming majority of viewers would not have noticed until it was explicitly pointed out

b) it's not a reason to worry unless the bug has actually made it to the release build

I do agree with you on the overall quality of animations though. There is enough issues there to be a genuine cause for concern, at least if one cares about that kind of stuff in vidya games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dr. Abysmal posted:

People wondered what Tali looked like under the helmet for 3 games and the best they could do was photoshop a stock photo so that the model had three fingers instead of five

Just another example of how rushed ME 3 was. Another great one is how bad the journal is compared to 2.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why does the timeline show a "Shepard failed and the Reapers won" option unless that's literally the canon ending to explain why Harbinger shows up at the end of Andromeda and says "EMBRACE ETERNITY FUCKFACES"

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug
So I guess squadmates' armor/outfits are non-customizable and there are no alternatives.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

CottonWolf posted:

Given that equalizing coverage isn't a bad thing, what's weird about it? That they didn't create a unique trailer for Sara after doing like a dozen of them?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

The backwards gun footage was probably captured from a dev-build that has not gone through the QA pipeline yet. It probably went like this:

*Busy day in marketing...*
Ashley: Hey Bobby, we're doing a feature on Peebee. Can you check with dev to see if we can get some cool footage of her?
Bobby: Sure.
*Bobby gets in touch with dev, and they pair him up with Jack, a junior developer. Jack launches the daily dev-build he has on his machine and he and Bobby sit down and go through some of the footage featuring Peebee.*
Bobby: Oooh, this one looks cool! Do you think you can get me a recording of this?
Jack: Sure, you'll have it in a bit.

Yes, it is a blunder from a marketing perspective, but

a) it's kind of a minor thing that the overwhelming majority of viewers would not have noticed until it was explicitly pointed out

b) it's not a reason to worry unless the bug has actually made it to the release build

I do agree with you on the overall quality of animations though. There is enough issues there to be a genuine cause for concern, at least if one cares about that kind of stuff in vidya games.

You guys are all right, I'm the one defending the indefensible thing.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

ub posted:

So I guess squadmates' armor/outfits are non-customizable and there are no alternatives.

I'd assume it's like the previous two games where you unlock a new outfit for a squad mate after doing their loyalty mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Skippy McPants posted:

Signs point to no, but they are providing a proper vehicle and a jetpack to help sooth the running from place to place tedium.

Baby steps. I'm normally pretty compulsive when it comes to getting all the sidequests done - Especially in a BioWare game where a minor sidequest can come back in an interesting way later. DA:I broke me of that habit, though, because my loving god the endless portals and collectibles that artificially bloated the playtime was absolutely shameless. It ground me down, and I gave up on that game. I know I finished it, I remember thinking the conclusion seemed clunky from an animation standpoint, but I'll be damned if I can remember what actually happened.